THE BROWNS BOARD

APPLE

Axe

Steve Jobs himself told biographer Walter Isaacson that obama was headed for a one term presidency if he didnt adopt more business friendly practices. 

Here's a choice wrote that pretty much cuts right to the heart of the major problem of Barack Obama 

"The president is very smart. But he kept explaining to us reasons why things can't get done," Jobs told Isaacson. "It infuriates me."

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Steve Jobs himself told biographer Walter Isaacson that obama was headed for a one term presidency if he didnt adopt more business friendly practices. 

Here's a choice wrote that pretty much cuts right to the heart of the major problem of Barack Obama 

"The president is very smart. But he kept explaining to us reasons why things can't get done," Jobs told Isaacson. "It infuriates me."

Book smart but he never ran so much as a lemon aid stand in real life. He learned all his liberal economics in college that may sound good in theory but don't work out so well in the real world. For all the silly talk from Nancy Pelosi about the Armageddon that would happen with the Trump tax cuts the fact is we are seeing positive results almost immediately such as this news from Apple. 

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Book smart but he never ran so much as a lemon aid stand in real life. He learned all his liberal economics in college that may sound good in theory but don't work out so well in the real world. For all the silly talk from Nancy Pelosi about the Armageddon that would happen with the Trump tax cuts the fact is we are seeing positive results almost immediately such as this news from Apple. 

And book smart is actually no smarter than the thousands upon thousands of anybody else who graduated from law school especially those who were admitted through affirmative action.

WSS

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And book smart is actually no smarter than the thousands upon thousands of anybody else who graduated from law school especially those who were admitted through affirmative action.

WSS

Most if not of all the "book smart" people I ever ran into in the work place they all lacked common sense and wisdom. When it comes to economics I see liberals like Joe Biden and others who think we can spend ourselves out of a recession even though history shows the exact opposite. Under Obama our national debt has ballooned up to 20 trillion dollars and with all that spending what do we have to show for it? Where are all the results of all that spending? It was money thrown down the drain. Tax cuts are always a better solution and history has shown it to be tried and true that tax cuts spur the economy. The democrats idea is to go after the wealthy and tax them to death, to punish success and it is all counter productive. It does not nothing but destroy business and business creation. There is a reason for 8 years under Obama we never fully recovered from the recession and the economy was stagnate for his 8 years in office. There were no incentives for businesses. Government does not create jobs it is the private sector who create the jobs and most of the liberals' economics do nothing but hurt the private sector. Take minimum wage. I understand you cannot raise a family on minimum wage but these jobs were never meant to raise families but entry level jobs young people need just getting started. The democrats idea is to raise the minimum wage which sounds good except for the unintended consequences of business doing away altogether with these entry level jobs and going to automation. Just one example.

24 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It is a rarity to find a liberal econ professor on a college campus. Usually the stats, econ, and finance professors are pretty free market oriented. Even more so than your average republican. 

If Obama sought out "liberal economics", he had to have gone to a direct source of someone he considered an echo chamber.

21 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

It is a rarity to find a liberal econ professor on a college campus. Usually the stats, econ, and finance professors are pretty free market oriented. Even more so than your average republican. 

If Obama sought out "liberal economics", he had to have gone to a direct source of someone he considered an echo chamber.

The stats are that liberal college professors outnumber conservatives by 12 to 1 across the nation. It is better with economics professors but still there are 4.5  liberal economic professors to 1 conservative. I think many democrats subscribe to Paul Krogrman of the NY Times idea of economics. He is the one who made number one on Trump's fake news who said the stock market would never recover with Trump's election and the DOW is setting records almost weekly.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/6/liberal-professors-outnumber-conservatives-12-1/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/28/editorial-a-dunce-cap-for-paul-krugman/

4 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I must have lucked out. They were all hardcore libertarians in the Econ and Finance depts when I was in grad school at Marshall.

When it comes to economics there are so many different points of view but I take a pragmatic view of what history has proven to work and what doesn't. Reagan made a believer out of me of lower taxes and less regulations in the 80's and I saw a dismal economy under Jimmy Carter explode under Reagan. 

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I remember those affirmative action score bonuses on tests...

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Most if not of all the "book smart" people I ever ran into in the work place they all lacked common sense and wisdom. When it comes to economics I see liberals like Joe Biden and others who think we can spend ourselves out of a recession even though history shows the exact opposite. Under Obama our national debt has ballooned up to 20 trillion dollars and with all that spending what do we have to show for it? Where are all the results of all that spending? It was money thrown down the drain. Tax cuts are always a better solution and history has shown it to be tried and true that tax cuts spur the economy. The democrats idea is to go after the wealthy and tax them to death, to punish success and it is all counter productive. It does not nothing but destroy business and business creation. There is a reason for 8 years under Obama we never fully recovered from the recession and the economy was stagnate for his 8 years in office. There were no incentives for businesses. Government does not create jobs it is the private sector who create the jobs and most of the liberals' economics do nothing but hurt the private sector. Take minimum wage. I understand you cannot raise a family on minimum wage but these jobs were never meant to raise families but entry level jobs young people need just getting started. The democrats idea is to raise the minimum wage which sounds good except for the unintended consequences of business doing away altogether with these entry level jobs and going to automation. Just one example.

A lot of claims there with no data to back them up

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I must have lucked out. They were all hardcore libertarians in the Econ and Finance depts when I was in grad school at Marshall.

Clearly every class in college is liberally skewed and they brainwash every student into being a liberal. Don't need no book learnin

23 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Except a large portion of America prefers to completely disregard academics and the actual experts. 

Mythbusting 101: Uncomfortable Truths Your College Won't Tell You

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhendrickson/2012/08/16/mythbusting-101-uncomfortable-truths-your-college-wont-tell-you/#3684663f1375

On 1/18/2018 at 12:19 PM, MLD Woody said:

I remember those affirmative action score bonuses on tests...

Assuming you are being serious yes affirmative action certainly gave points to some extent to minority students who may well have not made the cut to get into a university. As I recall Michigan was mentioned in one story I read.

But as to the book learning portion of the conversation there are how many hundreds of thousands of attorneys in the world? All pass the same bar examination but there are widely varied levels of success. It has to me more than the degree or the test scores. It is the talent, the aptitude that makes the difference.

WSS

I'm talking about the tests that actually occur in class. Sure, that female engineer may have had an easier time getting in to this school than me, but if she beats me on the test, that's all her. (Outside of the swarms of guys that will help her out if she's attractive)

Yes I can see that, no matter how someone is admitted into a school qualified or not on face value doesn't really matter if that particular student performs equally or better once they are in. 

Of course there is an implication of superiority because of the strict requirements of getting in to the U of M Engineering program or Harvard Law. I would think the student would be saddled with a substandard implied worth if during the course of that course of study she was promoted to different honor positions or given extra points on a test because they were looking for a woman.

Also if a Harvard Law graduate fails the bar the first time but passes it on the second try is he not an inferior attorney to the guy from Cleveland State that passed it the first time around?

WSS

Archived