THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 NFL Draft ~ You Decide.

PoeticG

The Dawgs Pick  

16 members have voted

1. 1. With the #1 overall pick in the NFL Draft, The Cleveland Browns select...

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold
    • Saquon Barkley
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Bradley Chubb
    • Orlando Brown
    • DaRon Payne
    • Arden Key
    • Derrius Guice
    • Derwin James
    • Connor Williams
    • Eq. St. Brown
    • Josh Allen
    • Mason Rudolph
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Calvin Ridley
    • Josh Jackson
    • Courtland Sutton
  2. 2. With the #4 overall pick of the draft, The Cleveland Browns select...

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold
    • Saquon Barkley
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Bradley Chubb
    • Orlando Brown
    • DaRon Payne
    • Arden Key
    • Derrius Guice
    • Derwin James
    • Connor Williams
    • Eq. St. Brown
    • Josh Allen
    • Mason Rudolph
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Calvin Ridley
    • Josh Jackson
    • Courtland Sutton
  3. 3. Please put a check by the name of the QB that you believe is worthy of a Top 3 pick.

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Josh Allen
    • Mason Rudolph
    • Lamar Jackson

I voted for Barkley and BM... "Billy" Manziel? Haha, really though, I sort of think Baker Mayfield reminds me of a supped-up Colt McCoy. That is not in a bad way. I think that Colt actually had a chance to be good if the team was built up around him and he was given the right tools. Just when we got Trent Richardson, a player that could have helped Colt be successful, we also drafted a 28 year old former baseball pitcher...  There is still a lot of time, and I'm sure we'll change our picks a little bit up till draft week but for now, Barkley makes this team competitive immediately... even Kizer will look better with a nexgen RB taking off the pressure. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You are just begging me to reinstate the "beating a dead horse" gif, aren't you? :lol:

He's in love with Saquon- Dutch, you're not going to change his mind. I'd as soon draft one of the QBs @ #1, go defense with #4, and pick a RB in the second round. I could live with Barkley @ #4. 

Did see one trade scenario for our #1 overall that I might buy...  It would be with the Bills. We get both their first round picks this year, a second, and a second next year. We keep the #4, assuming we think there's not that much difference in the top Qbs.But if QBs go in the top three picks (Denver trades with the Colts) we're screwed in that scenario. 

I can't help but keep thinking about the Steelers and how to match up against them and beat them, the cream of the division.  You do that with a Barkley at rb and a great couple of wrs.  You have to score points in this league to win.  That doesn't necessarily mean having the best qb.  It means having great skill players like a Barkley and a Ridley, Sutton, Miller, and Kirk, and a great playmaker on D like Fitzpatrick.  Get those guys while you have the chance, like this year when they are just sitting there waiting for too pick them.  A guy like Rudolph, Jackson, or even Kizer could flourish with those super players around him.  Steelers have the blueprint that works.  Why not take it and use it.  Get the great RB and WRs and the great safety play maker on D and a big sturdy strong arm QB .  Where is Roman Gabriel when you need him?

Remember when Big Ben was first drafted.  He took them to the super bowl and they hardly let him do anything that first year of two.  His playbook was so shortened and he wasn't allowed to throw very often.  But they won with the recipe I just mentioned.  Ben was like the 3rd or 4th ranked Qb that draft.  Surround your qb with talent and let him grow into the position.  That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.  Not to take Barkley would be a big mistake and whoever your qb is will be effected negatively by it throughout the years of his pro career.

40 minutes ago, darren15 said:

I went Barkley and Fitzpatrick.....but in my scenario in my head I had us paying Kirk Cousins

Same here on January 18, 2018. With 11 members putting in their 2 cents it's pretty close. 

OK Dutch time for the beating a dead horse pic.....

02c75f90a862fad3e82f3a167905bf8f--horseback-riding-horse-riding.jpg

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Isn't this like the 10th time we have had a redundant thread of this nature?

Redundancy is the unnecessary use of either needless, superfluous or unnecessary text, by which one repeats, in duplication, the same, identical, aforesaid things over and over and over and over and over again, beyond what would be needed or required to explain, or make comprehensible, the intended or signified meaning of that which one wishes to convey. These things can be and most likely will be referred to as being redundant. Usually, it is often common in redundancy to repeat, sometimes with different phrasing or words, the same idea or reasoning, thus restating one's thoughts, sometimes paraphrasing oneself and effectively saying the same thing twice, or double, or thrice, or three times, or triply so, or a small handful of times, or any number of excessive, unnecessary restatements greater than zero.

10 minutes ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

Redundancy is the unnecessary use of either needless, superfluous or unnecessary text, by which one repeats, in duplication, the same, identical, aforesaid things over and over and over and over and over again, beyond what would be needed or required to explain, or make comprehensible, the intended or signified meaning of that which one wishes to convey. These things can be and most likely will be referred to as being redundant. Usually, it is often common in redundancy to repeat, sometimes with different phrasing or words, the same idea or reasoning, thus restating one's thoughts, sometimes paraphrasing oneself and effectively saying the same thing twice, or double, or thrice, or three times, or triply so, or a small handful of times, or any number of excessive, unnecessary restatements greater than zero.

And they have a department for that:   The Department of Redundancy Departmet.

Archived