THE BROWNS BOARD

A rumor Lum doesn't want you to know

Guest Masters

Guest Masters

Lack of leadership cost Anderson his starting job

Getty Images

Derek Anderson's performance this year in two-minute situations has been problematic. Any time the Cleveland Browns' radio helmet system went out, Anderson seemed unable to call a play on his own. The play against Washington in which Anderson had to run to the sideline as precious time elapsed said a lot about his field generalship. It doesn't take a cannon arm to realize the play there is to spike the ball to stop the clock.

Every time the arguments for inserting Quinn grew louder, Anderson would put together a winning performance. But now with the team at 3-5 there's no reason to continue the agony of his inconsistency. Anderson should be more advanced after 26 NFL starts. He may have peaked.

Quinn doesn't have the RPMs on his throws that Anderson does. But what the Browns lose in torque, they gain in accuracy and, based on Quinn's major college career, field leadership and perhaps huddle presence.

The Browns have to find out who is the quarterback to lead the team to the Super Bowl. Quinn deserves to start the final eight games, time enough to develop a rhythm with the front-line players previously denied him. The Browns better hope that Quinn is the player for whom Phil Savage traded two high picks in 2007 to acquire. Nobody can say the Browns forced him in ahead of his time. If anything, they waited too long.

Source: Plain Dealer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post ... nfl,119536

Something many of us have said many time.

Guest Masters

Hurts when someone tells the truth don't it.

I mean how does any QB past HS not know when he needs to call a TO or spike the ball during a two minute drill. I mean jesus, I haven't played QB at those levels, but I figured that stuff out on Madden football when I was 12.

Guest Masters
I'm not a big fan of sleepy, laid back quarterbacks. Especially ones with low Wonderlic scores. I see a quarterback as part player, part coach, part spokesman, and all leader. It's not just another position.

Anderson, like JaMarcus Russell but completely different, has that sleepy, hangdog attitude about him. He scored low on his Wonderlic because he isn't "book smart"... kinda like Vince Young.

Anderson resembles Flacco... until you hear Flacco talk or watch him run. Then the similarities end.

I am not a fan of a QB who has that woe is me attatitude when things go wrong.

Like Steve Young says, "as a QB your job is to stop the bleeding".

Not to dump on DA here, because we should all be appreciative of him leading us out of that Charlie Frye wasteland last year, but it was frustrating to watch his time management during those two-minute situations this year and last.

It crossed my mind more than once during that stretch how Bernie was probably going bonkers watching that. Kosar's cerebral talents were well-documented and watching DA conduct the three-minutes-long two-minute drill had to drive #19 right up the proverbial wall.

Watching the hyenas let loose here with their backslapping and self congratulatory harrumphs in the wake of DA's benching has been quite illuminating. Its really nice to see the same display of class from the usual suspects now that they really have something to gloat about. The hallmark of this type of poster is that they are now happier than they were even after beating the giants. Says a lot doesnt it? Anyway you know who you are.

Wait, no you dont:

Top Stupid: DieHardBrowns fan. Completely boorish. Can barely create sentences. Not even particularly crazy. Just stupid. I think automatic post generator whenever I even gloss over this poster's word jumbles.

Secondary Stupid: Inspecta. Captain rap dance in front of his computer. Yeah that guy. Whoever let this Lead Paint victim graduate from high school AND buy a computer should be the subject of multiple law suits. Arrested juvenile behavior 100 % of the time? Thats consistency! Types a thousand words a minute and they all say the same thing: Look At Me I Hate DA/Lumbergh (way to play this chubba bubba Lummy you have burst more than a few of his miracle whip saturated veins I am sure icon_e_wink.gif

Tertiary Stupid SoCalBrownsFan: kinda like inspecta but amazingly, Less Colorful. Its people like this that are the reason why other people are leaving Southern California in Droves. 100% humorless. If only Socalledbrownsfan were actually a computer generated wordbot. Somewhere in the greater LA area a neighbor, a co-worker, and about 10 random people a day are suffering through an interaction with this treat. Nothing he has ever posted even barely suggests there is anything but a plain old ahole hanging out behind that very imaginative nickname.

I could go on but I dont dwell on the negatives. There are actually a handful of very articulate and clever opinionators here that equal somewhat of a trade-off. Here's to the browns getting so successful that the loser loving jackals get all uncomfortable and leave. Prosperity is not something they know of in real life so they will not recognize their own team any more when it hits.

Guest Masters

Actual Browns fans happy with the benching of DA is because they knew it was a long time coming. Heck, many fans (myself included) were calling for it late last year.

Look, on a personal level, I feel for DA. Its not like I don't think he tried his best. But he is not a starting caliber NFL QB and the clock struck 12 on his cinderella story. And if there weren't people (Lummy looking in your direction) going over board by calling anyone who critisized DA a BQ fag, lover, etc. (even with no mention of BQ or claiming he would be better) there wouldn't be half the "back slapping" you are talking about. When you go as far as him and some DA supporters went, this is what you get. It's the old saying, you reep what you sow.

And if you are gonna call people out with the description you just put it, you ought to portray both sides of the fence and call out a guy like Lum.

He came from the practice squad of the Ravens...you know, the team with all those great pedigree qb's. They could have held on to him if they really felt he was going to help their team and they didn't. I don't hate the guy, never did. What has happened so far this year though, I wanted to see a change at qb. If it doesn't work out, I'll be right here saying so. I'm not on a bandwagon, I actually would like to see the browns succeed. I didn't see that happening with DA in there.

Guest Masters
He came from the practice squad of the Ravens...you know, the team with all those great pedigree qb's. They could have held on to him if they really felt he was going to help their team and they didn't. I don't hate the guy, never did. What has happened so far this year though, I wanted to see a change at qb. If it doesn't work out, I'll be right here saying so. I'm not on a bandwagon, I actually would like to see the browns succeed. I didn't see that happening with DA in there.

One thing to keep in mind is that BALT did want to keep DA and Newsome was a bit upset about Savage grabbing him (reportedly). They thought they could slip him by when they needed to make a roster move. Savage got tiped off by DAs college coach because DA told him what was happening. Now that's not to say they really believed he'd turn into more than a back up or significantly help their team.

Top Stupid: DieHardBrowns fan. Completely boorish. CAN BARELY CREATE SENTENCES. Not even particularly crazy. Just stupid. I think automatic post generator whenever I even gloss over this poster's word jumbles.

hmmm....You don't have one complete sentence in this whole paragraph.

Top Stupid: DieHardBrowns fan. Completely boorish. CAN BARELY CREATE SENTENCES. Not even particularly crazy. Just stupid. I think automatic post generator whenever I even gloss over this poster's word jumbles.

and here is another incomplete sentence:

When in Rome...

Guest Masters

Classic!!!!! Good catch and call out.

Watching the hyenas let loose here with their backslapping and self congratulatory harrumphs in the wake of DA's benching has been quite illuminating. Its really nice to see the same display of class from the usual suspects now that they really have something to gloat about. The hallmark of this type of poster is that they are now happier than they were even after beating the giants. Says a lot doesnt it? Anyway you know who you are.

Wait, no you dont:

Top Stupid: DieHardBrowns fan. Completely boorish. Can barely create sentences. Not even particularly crazy. Just stupid. I think automatic post generator whenever I even gloss over this poster's word jumbles.

Secondary Stupid: Inspecta. Captain rap dance in front of his computer. Yeah that guy. Whoever let this Lead Paint victim graduate from high school AND buy a computer should be the subject of multiple law suits. Arrested juvenile behavior 100 % of the time? Thats consistency! Types a thousand words a minute and they all say the same thing: Look At Me I Hate DA/Lumbergh (way to play this chubba bubba Lummy you have burst more than a few of his miracle whip saturated veins I am sure icon_e_wink.gif

Tertiary Stupid SoCalBrownsFan: kinda like inspecta but amazingly, Less Colorful. Its people like this that are the reason why other people are leaving Southern California in Droves. 100% humorless. If only Socalledbrownsfan were actually a computer generated wordbot. Somewhere in the greater LA area a neighbor, a co-worker, and about 10 random people a day are suffering through an interaction with this treat. Nothing he has ever posted even barely suggests there is anything but a plain old ahole hanging out behind that very imaginative nickname.

I could go on but I dont dwell on the negatives. There are actually a handful of very articulate and clever opinionators here that equal somewhat of a trade-off. Here's to the browns getting so successful that the loser loving jackals get all uncomfortable and leave. Prosperity is not something they know of in real life so they will not recognize their own team any more when it hits.

Whats wrong ONB, are you bitter because you have no life beyond rooting for DA. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Oh. I forgot, you like to steal other peoples usernames on message boards, at least you got that going for you. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm not a big fan of sleepy, laid back quarterbacks. Especially ones with low Wonderlic scores. I see a quarterback as part player, part coach, part spokesman, and all leader. It's not just another position.

Anderson, like JaMarcus Russell but completely different, has that sleepy, hangdog attitude about him. He scored low on his Wonderlic because he isn't "book smart"... kinda like Vince Young.

Anderson resembles Flacco... until you hear Flacco talk or watch him run. Then the similarities end.

Based on his play, I'd say he isn't football smart, either.

Guest Masters

Based on his play, I'd say he isn't football smart, either.

You got that. When you are an NFL QB with as many starts as him, yet can't run a two minute drill and don't know what to do when you helmet radio goes out, your football IQ is low.

Wait, no you dont:

Thanks for the honor meth head. Your week attempts at humor have failed miserably. Go crawl in the hole with Lummy and bring DA with you! LMAO! icon_lol.gif

post-80-1225879346.jpg

Look on the bright side - the Browns' Store that supports the message board prolly has 2 for 1 clearance sales on DA jerseys.

"Love on the rocks

ain't no big surprise.

Throw T-Suggs a pass

and he'll tell you no lies."

- Tom F.

Archived