THE BROWNS BOARD

Tackling Big Gay Ben

DawgTracker

IMHO we have lost some games because of the inability to tackle Ben R. To his credit Ben is a big guy who doesn't go down easy, he isn't playing touch football. The question is what will the league consider a penalty when tackling him and what will be considered legal.

I think it is a mistake to try and tackle him high, especially from behind, I think you need to aim for his waistline instead of his shoulders. You also cannot hit him and expect him to drop, you need to keep pushing until he is on the ground. But, will the refs allow us to do this?

Any thoughts?

I blame in part the rule change where is a qb is wrapped up outside the pocket the ref can whistle a play dead to fault.

It's a sport for sissies and qbs should be wearing flags if Ben can break a big one because the guy tackling him unwraps and puts his hands in the air after thinking he heard a whistle.

It's total bullshit and ruining the game.

kinda funny tried it it is broke "Someone should fix this before we offend someone" LOL insert heavy sarcasm!

If we really have an automatic gay added in to typing roethlisberger's nickname, the mods ought to be ashamed. We can be grown up about a rivalry w/o acting like jr high kids. I'm out for good and heading for a message board that isn't operated and frequented by childish fans...Looking at you Inspecta and Riffer

If we really have an automatic gay added in to typing roethlisberger's nickname, the mods ought to be ashamed. We can be grown up about a rivalry w/o acting like jr high kids. I'm out for good and heading for a message board that isn't operated and frequented by childish fans...Looking at you Inspecta and Riffer

It's definitely inserted.

LOL man its all in fun. Its funny and if you get your feelings hurt at something like that how the hell do you make it through life? Relax, pitt is our rival and Big Gay Ben is there QB, it is to be expected that you rag on your rival.

LOL man its all in fun. Its funny and if you get your feelings hurt at something like that how the hell do you make it through life? Relax, pitt is our rival and Big Gay Ben is there QB, it is to be expected that you rag on your rival.

Pittsburgh might be our rival, but we are not their rival any more.

Big Hetrosexual Anderson - and Ladies Man Brady, 0 Super Bowls

Big Gay Ben - 2 Super Bowls.

Big Gay Ben

I enjoyed that, well done childish mods.

Getting back to the topic. You're right, the big lumbering gay fella is pretty good at staying on his feet and sadly making a good pass at the end of the tap dance with the defense. I think our chances this year come from a much improved inside pass rush and strong side pressure to assist.

Hit early, hit middle, hit hard.

Big Ben does have a hell of a talent for keeping a play going.

Lotsa sacks though. At least 40 three years in a row.

Maybe the browns can add to the sack total with the new faces that have been added on defense.

IMHO we have lost some games because of the inability to tackle Ben R. To his credit Ben is a big guy who doesn't go down easy, he isn't playing touch football. The question is what will the league consider a penalty when tackling him and what will be considered legal.

I think it is a mistake to try and tackle him high, especially from behind, I think you need to aim for his waistline instead of his shoulders. You also cannot hit him and expect him to drop, you need to keep pushing until he is on the ground. But, will the refs allow us to do this?

Any thoughts?

he still fights you off when you try to tackle him at the waist and can "hip-out and sprawl". it's gotta be a huge hit or at the ankle. twist that foot--not only will it throw his balance off when he gets rid of the ball going down but it might hurt his mobility for the rest of the game and beyond.

ankle ankle ankle ankle ankle.....i just like saying it.

Big Ben does have a hell of a talent for keeping a play going.

Lotsa sacks though. At least 40 three years in a row.

Maybe the browns can add to the sack total with the new faces that have been added on defense.

I did find this on Foxsports regarding Pittsburgh: http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/football/story/9460410

Offensive line remains a big need for this team. Roethlisberger has been sacked 46 or more times in each of his last three seasons, and eventually, he's going to suffer a serious injury blow because of it. They paid him a truckload of money, so now it's time to start worrying about his protection.

Glad I checked. Maybe Big Ben deserves a bit more credit than even the Steelers fans have given him. It could be argued that

he's been carrying his o-line the last three seasons and they still won a SuperBowl. IIRC Detroit gave up 52 sacks last season.

EDIT: Seriously, if the dude would just get rid of the ball like his coaches have probably told him many times, he'd probably cut the sack totals in half. But he loves to force the issue.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya Miss neohionative. That is why i enjoy this board far and way more than any other Browns Message Board. If you can't take some sarcasm than trust when I say you wont be missed here douche!

Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben, Big Gay Ben.

And to answer the question, I don't think Willie Mcginest had a problem tackling Big Gay Ben as this video shows evident! You just follow his guideline except with a little more enthusiasm. I think the whole defense should be shown this video and told that "this is the way we tackle Big Gay Ben".

I think it's kind of silly or childish myself..........But damn man! That may be a bit of over reaction there!

I think it's kind of silly or childish myself..........But damn man! That may be a bit of over reaction there!

Well how would you feel being a homosexual Brown's fan for life and being compared to a Steeler? Not to mention that I dealt with that crap far too often in HS and college. I won't apologize for being offended by my lifestyle being reduced to a mean spirited label, not anymore

Archived