THE BROWNS BOARD

My little brother in chrage of GM?

Ummm. You guys know that I usually don't agree with you one some of the doom and gloom talk here. I'm an optimist first and have the wait and see ssensibility (I know is bad). But this move by Obama is the most bonehead thing by far he has done, in my book. This is bad.

New GM leader?

relax age is not indicitive of talent, evidently this guy has had some decent insights. We will see if his age and inexperience plays a negative role. It actually might be a positive fresh outside the box methodology that is effective.

Who knows it too early to call anything a debacle or mistake, Obama is also young for the POTUS position and his inexperience may actually bring different insight and methodology to the position.

I just hired some sub 30 developers that are very talented, I dont hold there age against them as long as there is some more experienced managers to direct that talent.

relax age is not indicitive of talent, evidently this guy has had some decent insights. We will see if his age and inexperience plays a negative role. It actually might be a positive fresh outside the box methodology that is effective.

Who knows it too early to call anything a debacle or mistake, Obama is also young for the POTUS position and his inexperience may actually bring different insight and methodology to the position.

I just hired some sub 30 developers that are very talented, I dont hold there age against them as long as there is some more experienced managers to direct that talent.

Hey Sev, I am going to disagree here. Creating a web site for say car insurance (just a example) is less important than rearranging and saving one of the biggest companies in the world. He may bring some insight, but that insight should not be at the forefront. There needs to be a team to attack the problem.

You legally can't hold your new hires' age against them. But you can hold their experience against them, which this guy JUST DOES NOT HAVE.

I know this guy's sister.

However, I'd tend to agree that, however bright he may be, this is not the experience level you want in such an important job. It's not like he's running this thing by himself, but on its face this is not the type of thing that makes me feel comfortable.

Really, you know his sister?

The experience factor is crucial. But to play devils advocate, look were that "experience" has gotten us this far.

Really, you know his sister?

The experience factor is crucial. But to play devils advocate, look were that "experience" has gotten us this far.

Ford's doing quite well with Mullally, and airline guy.

GM was ruined by Roger Smith, a car guy.

You really never can tell.

Archived