• Magic in 4
    • Magic in 5
    • Magic in 6
    • Magic in 7
    • Lakers in 4
    • Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7

I'll take the Lakers in 7. They have an all-NBA Gasol in his prime to help a budding Andrew Bynum try to defend Dwight Howard. It'll be interesting to see if Bynum brings his mind or leaves it at home, that could have a lot to do with the out come of this series. They're certainly more well equiped to face Howard than the Cavs are with old crickety Pollowskus and worn out Wallace.

They have Odom to match-up with Lewis, and the underrated Ariza to take on Turkoglu. A slew of firey young guards like Vujacic and Farmar who can defend as well as shoot should help Derek Fisher outplay Rafer Alston and Anthony Johnson. Then of course they have Kobe Bryant. Who knows if Luke Walton and Shannon Brown can factor in.

They also have one of the best coaching staffs in the NBA and a desire not to lose in the Finals for a second straight year. (The Magic celebrating their Eastern Conference Championship reminded me of the way the Cavs did a few years ago... almost as if they're satisfied with getting that far.)

I'll take the Lakers in 7. They have an all-NBA Gasol in his prime to help a budding Andrew Bynum try to defend Dwight Howard. It'll be interesting to see if Bynum brings his mind or leaves it at home, that could have a lot to do with the out come of this series. They're certainly more well equiped to face Howard than the Cavs are with old crickety Pollowskus and worn out Wallace.

They have Odom to match-up with Lewis, and the underrated Ariza to take on Turkoglu. A slew of firey young guards like Vujacic and Farmar who can defend as well as shoot should help Derek Fisher outplay Rafer Alston and Anthony Johnson. Then of course they have Kobe Bryant. Who knows if Luke Walton and Shannon Brown can factor in.

They also have one of the best coaching staffs in the NBA and a desire not to lose in the Finals for a second straight year. (The Magic celebrating their Eastern Conference Championship reminded me of the way the Cavs did a few years ago... almost as if they're satisfied with getting that far.)

Howard will crush Bynum like a child, but Kobe, Odom and the caveman will be too much for the rest of the Magic, Lakers in 5.

I'll be rooting for the Magic, but unfortunately Kobe gets his fourth and Phil get his tenth and we aren't there to do anything about it because we relied on old stiffs like Wally, Z, and Ben, and small guards.

Zombo

Most likely, Howard will crush Bynum. But if you watch one of the games this year between those two teams, Bynum was actually getting the best of Howard somewhat because Bynum brought his tough-MAN mindset. Bynum can match-up with Howard. He probably won't because the stage is too big, but he can. So we'll see.

The funny thing is, even if Bynum plays like the little pussy that he can play like when Phil Jackson benches him... he'll still do just as good as Z did.

I like the Magic in 6. With Dwight Howard being an absolute monster in the center, combined with the three point threats that they have, it will be difficult to stop. I don't think there's really anyone on the Lakers that can match 1v1 with Dwight Howard long enough to slow him down. I also won't be surprised to see Van Gundy throw some different setups in the mix that he didn't have to use against the Cavs.

As much as I love the Cavs and as disappointed as I was at the losses (Each game was so close, it could have easily been the Cavs in the Finals) I really don't like the Lakers at all.

I kept saying we lost both to the Lakers in the regular season and we only won one against the Magic. The "Basketball" know it all's said that it was the regular season and it has ABSOLUTELY NO OUTCOME OF THE PLAYOFFS.

Guess who was right? Cavs are at home, and the two teams who slapped the cavs around are in the Finals!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived