THE BROWNS BOARD

#4 Trade Down Talk

The Gipper

This is the scenario that I have heard discussed more than once on the radio and TV:

Browns take their QB at #1

Giants take Chubb with #2

Jets take a QB with #3

Then what do the Browns do?   They wanted Chubb at #4...but if the Giants nab him.....they are not willing to just settle for Barkley.  Dorsey don't want no RB in round one.....so....the do the trade with Buffalo:

#4 for #12 and #22.

And with those they get combination of maybe  CB,  OT, DE........guys like Tremaine Edwards,  Denzel Ward if he is still there, McGlinchey if he drops, Jaire Alexander, Marcus Davenport.

It would NOT be a total surprise if something like this happens...at all.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

This is the scenario that I have heard discussed more than once on the radio and TV:

Browns take their QB at #1

Giants take Chubb with #2

Jets take a QB with #3

Then what do the Browns do?   They wanted Chubb at #4...but if the Giants nab him.....they are not willing to just settle for Barkley.  Dorsey don't want no RB in round one.....so....the do the trade with Buffalo:

#4 for #12 and #22.

And with those they get combination of maybe  CB,  OT, DE........guys like Tremaine Edwards,  Denzel Ward if he is still there, McGlinchey if he drops, Jaire Alexander, Marcus Davenport.

It would NOT be a total surprise if something like this happens...at all.

Not willing to "settle" for Barkley?

What retarded radio and TV shows do you listen too?

I listen to a lot and never heard that floated...

Zombo

It would not totally shock me if the Browns do something where they ask for 12, 22, 53, and 65 from the Bills. I actually think the Bills would make that trade. They would still have at least one pick in every round and they would not have to give up anything for next year. The Browns would then flip 12, 53, and 65 to Indianapolis for #6 who wants to trade back and get more picks. Depending on who has gone ahead at the time, the browns draft one of chubb, fitzpatrick, ward or james. 

As much as i like barkley as well, i just don't think Dorsey values the RB that high in the draft. This is why he would pass on Barkley.  I think the Browns really like him as a player and if he were in the middle of the draft they would take  him, but not at the very top.

1. Darnold

2. Chubb

3. Rosen

Browns trade with the Bills for their first next year (no negotiation, this is a must inclusion in any trade) #12, #53 and #56

4. Mayfield

5. Nelson

Brown might well now come back up for Chubb using say #53 and #64 (plus #12) but I’d be happy to stay at #12 and take Harold Landry

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'd rather trade down than take Barkley or Chubb

I couldn't disagree more. They are the two top prospects in the draft.

Best Qb + Barkley or Chubb = Good day at the office.

Zombo

44 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Not willing to "settle" for Barkley?

What Retarded radio and TV shows do you listen too?

I listen to a lot and never heard that floated...

Zombo

I don't know....every radio and TV show out there?   I heard it brought up on two different shows just this morning....that if Chubb is not there, they may pass on Barkley for a trade down.   ESPN 850....and 92.3 .I think it may have been on Wingo and Golic.

Again....it was just speculation on options...if Chubb is gone. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

I don't know....every radio and TV show out there?   I heard it brought up on two different shows just this morning....that if Chubb is not there, they may pass on Barkley for a trade down.   ESPN 850....and 92.3 .I think it may have been on Wingo and Golic.

Again....it was just speculation on options...if Chubb is gone. 

They'd be nuts to pass on Chubb or Barkley.

We've got to stop passing on superstars. Dorsey will deliver.

Stand your ground and pick BPA!

Zombo

23 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I couldn't disagree more. They are the two top prospects in the draft.

Best Qb + Barkley or Chubb = Good day at the office.

Zombo

I would have no problem with that either.  All I am saying is that I have heard speculation that if Chubb is not there, they may elect to trade down.

Of course it is all media speculation....but that is what the media does...and that is what we do:   Report what the media says...or make up our own shite.  I did not make this up....I just reported it.

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

But, here perhaps is where you may not be getting it:   Dorsey may NOT think that Barkley is the BPA  (or any RB would)

I guess, at this point, we will know soon enough.

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But, here perhaps is where you may not be getting it:   Dorsey may NOT think that Barkley is the BPA  (or any RB would)

I guess, at this point, we will know soon enough.

Oh, I'm getting it.

John Dorsey is not a retarded man.

I have heard him speak.

Zombo

21 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

If Chubb is gone, I'm ok with a trade down, but no lower than #6. The chatter on NFLN yesterday was if we take Darnold, the G-men are taking Barkley. 

Hmm. Bills could do a twofer trade. Give a bunch of picks to the Colts for #6, then offer the Browns #6 and a 2019 first round for #4. Deal? I think I take it. :)

33 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Oh, I'm getting it.

John Dorsey is not a Retarded man.

I have heard him speak.

Zombo

He is not Retarded   (do we no longer have the Retard autocorrect?).....but he does have a track record:

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/10/john-dorseys-draft-philosophy-on-running-backs/

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

This is a very old discussion, but there just aren't many new rocks to turn over at this late date.

Well....we will feed you some of the grubs that we find if there are any after turning over the rocks we do. It is optional for you to dip them in chocolate syrup before consuming them.

37 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Memo to self: Never use "Grub Hub" for delivery service.

Mmmmmm, grubs, maybe with tartar or Socktail sauce. :P

Wife got stuck in pouring rain yesterday getting groceries at three different stores, we then decided we'd pay ~$10 or so for home delivery IF they don't screw up the order!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now trade down, I hope not unless Chubb and Barkley are both gone. Trade up, unlikely.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Targeting Ward in Trade down?

hate the idea of trading down..several BPA sit at #4.just Make the pick & stop passing..Dorsey(who was reported as going to church at 8am) has drafted 6 CB's,liking 6 fts. weighing 190lbs.'ish. ..Marcus Peters was the slowest at 4.53. Also dorsey seems to like Vertical numbers with longer arms at CB position.Josh Jackson,Alexander,I.Oliver seem more his style.. can we continue to play smurf's at CB with the size of our divisional WR's & TE's? 

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

hate the idea of trading down..several BPA sit at #4.just Make the pick & stop passing..Dorsey(who was reported as going to church at 8am) has drafted 6 CB's,liking 6 fts. weighing 190lbs.'ish. ..Marcus Peters was the slowest at 4.53. Also dorsey seems to like Vertical numbers with longer arms at CB position.Josh Jackson,Alexander,I.Oliver seem more his style.. can we continue to play smurf's at CB with the size of our divisional WR's & TE's? 

I picked Oliver for the Broncos in our draft just for those reasons. I like him better for us than I do Ward. Maybe @ #33 especially if we move up for a RB end of the 1st.

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Also dorsey seems to like Vertical numbers with longer arms at CB position.

How does that eliminate Ward from consideration?

The Browns have had only two top-five picks in the last ten years.  One last year and one Trent Richardson. And that's while being the worst team in the NFL.

I wonder why they continue to suck.

It's very likely they can nab the top two players on their board at one and four.  Worst case? Two of their top three. 

Take the phucking picks. Don't be stupid. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

The Browns have had only two top-five picks in the last ten years.  One last year and one Trent Richardson. And that's while being the worst team in the NFL.

It's very likely they can nab the top two players on their board at one and four.  Worst case? Two of their top three. 

This.

Zombo

--- Trading Julio Jones spot sure seemed shrewd to some at the time ... anyone from that still on the roster?

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

How does that eliminate Ward from consideration?

one concern on Ward, he's 5'11". my bigger issue he is only 183 lbs.. sure he can vert. the high of 39". but can he do 38" with a 6' frame at 196lbs. with same arm length like Josh Jackson? I. Oliver has a full 2 1/4" longer arm than both.(33 1/2").pick our slow death..Ward can run with A.Bryant at 4.32? or J.Jackson/Oliver 6 ft. 200 hundies bang some big boy WR's around at 4.5 speed? Not reaching,but getting any of the 3 is the real trick;)  

1 hour ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

Butt, butt, butt the Browns have a reputation to maintain.:ph34r:

Hmmmmmm how amny would count this guy as trustworthy :)

Hearing Browns will trade 4, but only when they are on the clock, not before the pick and they don't want to go down too far.

Archived