THE BROWNS BOARD

#4 Trade Down Talk

The Gipper

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

one concern on Ward, he's 5'11". my bigger issue he is only 183 lbs.. sure he can vert. the high of 39". but can he do 38" with a 6' frame at 196lbs. with same arm length like Josh Jackson? I. Oliver has a full 2 1/4" longer arm than both.(33 1/2").pick our slow death..Ward can run with A.Bryant at 4.32? or J.Jackson/Oliver 6 ft. 200 hundies bang some big boy WR's around at 4.5 speed? Not reaching,but getting any of the 3 is the real trick;)  

I get that, gum, but Ward's speed makes it more likely that he is in position to use that Vert. to contest a high throw.

31 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Picks at #4 since 2000

Fournette

Zeke

Amari Cooper

Sammy Watkins

Lane Johnson

Matt Kalil

AJ Green

Trent Williams

How many "studs" or "blue chip" players on that list...?

But also  Duds like Aaron Curry, Gaines Adams, Cedric Benson, OT Mike Williams, Peter Warrick.

But you also left out some other studs:   Phillip Rivers, D'Brickashaw Ferguson,  Justin Smith

It's possible they may want to trade down for OT or WR.  Which would be like drafting for need (and acquiring picks)...but leaving a blue chipper on the table.  

1 hour ago, Orion said:

...but leaving a blue chipper on the table.  

done did that..he plays QB in Houston..unless the brinks truck driver is on the phone? take the best player on the board.. 

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

done did that..he plays QB in Houston..

Coronating him a tad early there, gumster...

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Coronating him a tad early there, gumster...

finished 3rd in ROTY behind winner Kamara than Hunt..not liking our consensus decision so far

Archived