• Bradley Chubb
    • Josh Rosen
    • Trade out
    • Other

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

If the browns pick anything other than a qb at 1 or pick mayfield or Allen at 1 they deserve to lose for another 30 years 

FIFY. Listening to Aikman on Eisen's radio show, even Troy is leery of Allen, for the same reason a bunch of us are- accuracy doesn't usually improve in the pros. 

Mayfield is not Manziel. If he was 2" taller, there wouldn't even be any discussion, Baker would be the lock #1. Aikman mentioned (BTW, he's 6' 4") there were times he couldn't see over his o-line either. It's all about throwing lanes, and Mayfield's % of passes batted down is low.  . 

27 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

If the browns pick anything other than a qb at 1 or pick mayfield or Allen at 1 they deserve to lose for another 30 years 

So it's Darnold or Rosen for you?

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Thanks for that insight

They will be the Baytown Browns long before losing for 30 years.

Seriously though this does have all of the elements for a successful draft and improved season.

With the Number ONE overall selection of the 2018 NFL Draft- The Cleveland Browns select... 

1 hour ago, Babernakle said:

C'mon babe, we certainly do not NEED to draft a QB #1 overall in order to have success. 

Barkley would help the Browns create one of the most dynamic and dangerous offense's since the greatest show on turf...

The funny thing about this time of year - every year, is people seem to forget that no matter who's name is called over the next few days, we truly won't know how good the draft is for another 1,095 more days....... but that won't stop most of us from proclaiming it a bust or awesome before all the new players even set foot in Berea. 

It's interesting that there have been rumors of the browns linked to every qb but Rosen...Any chance this is actually their guy? They know it and want to see who is willing to move up for what player. They could be perfectly positioning themselves because if they know the Jets love Mayfield, the Giants love Darnold, Bills Allen, then they could try to persuade one of those teams to move up knowing they are going to get Rosen at 3 or 4. Just a thought. 

I still think it's Sam, and I'll be initially disappointed if it's any other QB that didn't play college football in SoCal.   

7 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The funny thing about this time of year - every year, is people seem to forget that no matter who's name is called over the next few days, we truly won't know how good the draft is for another 1,095 more days....... but that won't stop most of us from proclaiming it a bust or awesome before all the new players even set foot in Berea. 

Willing to yield this point when it comes to players where you see NFL upside and flashes of the traits.     

Some on the other hand.... not so much.  

No need to wait on Barkley, he should be an IMPACT player from Day 1 of OTAs. Pushing guys to reach their full potential. Winners are made in the offseason. 

Guys, let's get Saquon Barkley some votes, he's easily the most explosive player in the draft. 

We need guys that can take a 5 yard pass to the house or turn a routine 1st/2nd down run into a footrace to the endzone. 

14 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Guys, let's get Saquon Barkley some votes, he's easily the most explosive player in the draft. 

We need guys that can take a 5 yard pass to the house or turn a routine 1st/2nd down run into a footrace to the endzone. 

what are you gonna do when we pass on him twice

I think it would be funny if we picked Rosen, simply because he has been linked the least to the Browns. It would also mean that Dorsey has done a hell of a job hiding the pick. 

10 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think it would be funny if we picked Rosen, simply because he has been linked the least to the Browns. It would also mean that Dorsey has done a hell of a job hiding the pick. 

That's exactly my point from earlier. He's the only one that you have not heard a peep about being connected to the Browns. Last year, whom had any idea the Bears loved Trubs that much and KC loved Mahomes that much? Absolutely no one. Dorsey has kept this thing so close to the vest, i swear he has sent smoke signals out on everyone else just to try and get a feel for the rest of the draft. 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

The poll just goes to show how far out of touch you are in your Saquon fantasy zone. 

WE NEED A FREAKING FRANCHISE QB FIRST PO. The last time the Browns drafted a qb higher than #20 was Tim Couch in 1999, and our last franchise qb Bernie Kosar was before that. 

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The poll just goes to show how far out of touch you are in your Saquon fantasy zone. 

WE NEED A FREAKING FRANCHISE QB FIRST PO. The last time the Browns drafted a qb higher than #20 was Tim Couch in 1999, and our last franchise qb Bernie Kosar was before that. 

Fair enough. Although drafting a QB #4 overall would still be a huge jump higher than 20, right?

46 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I would laugh and laugh and laugh. 

PatheticG could then follow Barkley to whatever team drafted him. 

There you go again, calling me out my name. In order for you to be better than me, you actually have to be better than me. You have to actually call out your picks... you want to bet? I'm confident Barkley is the guy for Cleveland- who do you got?  

I request that if the Browns take Saquon #1 that Dutch gets a "Poet's Bitch" tag beside his name.

5 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I request that if the Browns take Saquon #1 that Dutch gets a "Poet's Bitch" tag beside his name.

Since you don't have the balls to take my or anyone else's bet on this, you don't get any requests. 

Duke is coming up on a contract year, the best way to check that is to have Saquon on the team. He's an all around better RB than Duke is. If Duke takes a homegrown discount to remain on the team then it's likely that he resigns.. 

Barkley Hyde and Duke

Taylor (Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold/Allen) and Stanton 

Gordon Landry and Coleman

Njoku and DeValve

Decent OL 

We have a legitimate offense right there, wouldn't you agree? 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Since you don't have the balls to take my or anyone else's bet on this, you don't get any requests. 

Call out your bet and put some meat to it homey... you can't just say Barkley doesn't go #1- back your Sheet up. 

4 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Call out your bet and put some meat to it homey... you can't just say Barkley doesn't go #1- back your Sheet up. 

That's exactly what me offering you a $100 bet that Barkley won't be the Browns #1 pick is doing.

You don't have the balls to take me up on it, PatheticG. 

And I've said numerous times on here that I think the #1 pick will be Sam Darnold.

I'm not you, I don't feel the need to repeat the same thing over and over and over and over.

Archived