• Baker Mayfield
    • Bradley Chubb
    • Josh Rosen
    • Trade out
    • Other

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel vindicated. I'll just leave this here. Enjoy! :) 

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

After the janitor, cleaners, security guards and facility cafe staff they finally let Hue see it

I just reported @nflnetwork that Head Coach Hue Jackson is fully in the loop with the @Browns draft plans. He has seen the final draft board as have the coordinators, some personnel staffers and ownership, which has signed off on everything.

So it was literally once Hue Jackson saw it that the media blew up with the Mayfield talk?

Baker is going #1. That’s happening, but figuring out 2 will be extremely difficult since the buzz is that the Giants don’t love these QBs. The Bills could move to 2 but would they take Allen or Darnold? Do we live in a world where it’s Mayfield, Allen and THEN Darnold?

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Why do I get the sickening feeling that Rosen is going to slide down to someone like the Patriots and 11 years from now we'll still be asking ourselves, "How the hell did we pass on him not once, but twice?"

And the answer will be: "We abandoned The Process." ;)

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

I feel vindicated. I'll just leave this here. Enjoy! :) 

Is it just me or does Po look a lot like Jim Brown?

Let's get the best available player. Let's take this beast Saquon Barkley and move on. Barkley, Gordon, Landry, Njoku, Johnson, Coleman, Taylor- That's a seven headed hydra, if you cut off one head and two more pop up. 

27 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Let's get the best available player. Let's take this beast Saquon Barkley and move on. Barkley, Gordon, Landry, Njoku, Johnson, Coleman, Taylor- That's a seven headed hydra, if you cut off one head and two more pop up. 

Pete and Re-Pete were in a boat.  Pete fell out.  Who was left? 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Pete and Re-Pete were in a boat.  Pete fell out.  Who was left? 

Barkley is the BEST PLAYER. We HAVE to take him. A QB can wait till #4 since there are like 6 of them now that are first round talents. If a team like the JETS is willing to trade the franchise to move up to #3(In your estimation) to take the 3rd QB off the board, why would it be any different than the Browns taking the best player at #1 and getting the 3rd QB off the board for FREE? That it makes too much sense is probably the reason I'm getting so much backlash from this simple and straightforward analysis. 

The very first time I saw Barkley in a game I said to myself. That is the guy we need to get at any and all costs. We are so close to greatness...

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

The very first time I saw Barkley in a game I said to myself. That is the guy we need to get at any and all costs. We are so close to greatness...

Barkley is a terrible runner on the inside.,.. Watch how one dimensional he becomes in the NFL.. We passed enough times on the QB.. fuk Barkley!

29 minutes ago, nickers said:

Barkley is a terrible runner on the inside.,.. Watch how one dimensional he becomes in the NFL.. We passed enough times on the QB.. fuk Barkley!

This opinion you have is false and not true. The issue of running inside is a construct of the poor offensive line Penn State had- it's not indicative of Barkley's ability to run inside. 

As we sit here three and a half hours away from the Browns making their first overall pick, my feelings have changed a bit from several weeks ago. I had Darnold ahead of Rosen after the combine (influenced by media reports if I'm being honest), but now I'm going back to what I have felt for the last couple of years watching every snap of both dudes...... Rosen will have the best NFL career between the two - and beyond that, of any of the top quarterbacks being discussed for the first overall pick.

With that being said, I'm still worried that the Browns are reaching and trying to make something out of any of these quarterbacks that really isn't there, and if they shock the world by taking the two best players available at 1 and 4 - simply because they believe they have their quarterback for the foreseeable future already on the roster, then I wouldn't hate that at all......  I know that is not a popular opinion, but that's where I stand.

I'll root for whoever they select,  but that doesn't mean I have to like it........ until he starts to win anyway.  

9 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

This opinion you have is false and not true. The issue of running inside is a construct of the poor offensive line Penn State had- it's not indicative of Barkley's ability to run inside. 

He can't run between the tackles you numbskull!

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

He can't run between the tackles you numbskull!

There's plenty of video evidence here that proves that he can indeed run between the tackles. 

22 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

There's plenty of video evidence here that proves that he can indeed run between the tackles. 

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile... color me unimpressed.. Defenses are a whole lot bigger and faster in the NFL Dufus!

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Carlos Hyde can run inside.

Barkley can run all over the place, catch 70 balls and score a bunch of TDs.

It's kind of a good thing.

Zombo

4 hours ago, Mike H said:

Reporters embedded with Browns: Baker.

Reports from other GMs: Baker.

Kiper and Zegura: Baker.

Browns fans still: Darnold

poeticG on an island without an Internet connection: Saquon Barkley

Vegas odds has Mayfield at -300.

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Kinda funny, but this article's title made me lol....

Is It Time For The NCAA To Start Paying The Coaches?
1 hour ago, D Bone said:
  1. As we sit here three and a half hours away from the Browns making their first overall pick, my feelings have changed a bit from several weeks ago. I had Darnold ahead of Rosen after the combine (influenced by media reports if I'm being honest), but now I'm going back to what I have felt for the last couple of years watching every snap of both dudes...... Rosen will have the best NFL career between the two - and beyond that, of any of the top quarterbacks being discussed for the first overall pick.
  2. With that being said, I'm still worried that the Browns are reaching and trying to make something out of any of these quarterbacks that really isn't there, and if they shock the world by taking the two best players available at 1 and 4 - simply because they believe they have their quarterback for the foreseeable future already on the roster, then I wouldn't hate that at all......  I know that is not a popular opinion, but that's where I stand.
  1. Better late than never? NO! You took too long and it cost us Rosen. I blame you! No Soup for You!
  2. Two non-QBs would trump the wrong QB...

5 hours ago, Mike H said:

Reporters embedded with Browns: Baker.

Reports from other GMs: Baker.

Kiper and Zegura: Baker.

Browns fans still: Darnold

poeticG on an island without an Internet connection: Saquon Barkley

And Ghoolie has us trading the pick for Paxton Lynch

Archived