THE BROWNS BOARD

Revisionist History

Gunz41

Dont want this to turn into some big rant and even less want to see a profane response.

But it seems as though some people just want to whine about something no matter what. It's quite sad.

1st we get the most infamous poster. To his credit, he has said Barkley was the top player. But that is where the compliments end. 1st- it was said Lamar Jackson was head and shoulders above the QBs. Then he turns around and said he was joking and only saying what the Browns WILL do, and that is getting a Black Tarkenton. At this time he said Baker Mayfield was the hands down top QB. 

Now that the 1st round is over and the Browns drafted Baker, and Ravens drafted Lamar, all of a sudden Baker isn't the best QB and Lamar is a good QB again.

All that really says is that in no way would some people be happy.

I had Baker 3rd for Cleveland. I would have had him 2nd for other places.

I think Ward was a good pick, and the rest will just have to wait and see. The Browns tried to trade out of 4, but were asking for too much.

While my pick at 1 would have been Darnold, and 4 Chubb, the Ward pick makes A LOT of sense. No team ALWAYS looks at BPA, but need as well. 2 years ago Cleveland spent a high pick in 2nd to take Ogbah. While he hasn't been a star, he hasn't been terrible. You use the usable assets that you have. 

Like I have said many times before, I know a little bit about this, and I would be TERRIBLE at the job. I am a realist and dont need to have a peeing contest and say I'm smarter than you, your dumb, etc. But I would have traded back into 1st for 3 players who fell, Derwin James, Calvin Ridley, and Sony Michel 

While I may not like Baker Mayfield, he is now a member of the Cleveland Browns so I hope he does extremely well since I am a Browns fan.

Good night and God Bless

I never read the Steelers fan's post as I know what is coming ....... if the Browns had drafted Paxton Lynch he would of been crucified within 2 minutes of the pick

He said today he hopes Lamar Jackson runs all over the Browns and is a good kid

Just going out of his way to ruin every thread the last few days. There's having a joke internet persona and there's just being a finger

10 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I think Ward was a good pick, and the rest will just have to wait and see. The Browns tried to trade out of 4, but were asking for too much.

What trade rumors were you hearing at #4? I have heard/seen nothing on us trading back rumors.thanks 

33 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

What trade rumors were you hearing at #4? I have heard/seen nothing on us trading back rumors.thanks 

Heard during draft that Bills tried to trade up with them but the price was too steep. They also said the Bills had a deal in place to trade with Denver that was worked on all day, but when Chubb was there at 5, Denver pulled out to select Chubb

30 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Heard during draft that Bills tried to trade up with them but the price was too steep. They also said the Bills had a deal in place to trade with Denver that was worked on all day, but when Chubb was there at 5, Denver pulled out to select Chubb

I heard both of those as well.   I wonder what the price was that the Bills thought was too high?   Both 12 and 22 I suspect?  Which Buff was not willing to do?

11 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Dont want this to turn into some big rant and even less want to see a profane response.

But it seems as though some people just want to whine about something no matter what. It's quite sad.

1st we get the most infamous poster. To his credit, he has said Barkley was the top player. But that is where the compliments end. 1st- it was said Lamar Jackson was head and shoulders above the QBs. Then he turns around and said he was joking and only saying what the Browns WILL do, and that is getting a Black Tarkenton. At this time he said Baker Mayfield was the hands down top QB. 

Now that the 1st round is over and the Browns drafted Baker, and Ravens drafted Lamar, all of a sudden Baker isn't the best QB and Lamar is a good QB again.

All that really says is that in no way would some people be happy.

I had Baker 3rd for Cleveland. I would have had him 2nd for other places.

While my pick at 1 would have been Darnold, and 4 Chubb, the Ward pick makes A LOT of sense. No team ALWAYS looks at BPA, but need as well. 2 years ago Cleveland spent a high pick in 2nd to take Ogbah. While he hasn't been a star, he hasn't been terrible. You use the usable assets that you have. 

Like I have said many times before, I know a little bit about this, and I would be TERRIBLE at the job. I am a realist and dont need to have a peeing contest and say I'm smarter than you, your dumb, etc. But I would have traded back into 1st for 3 players who fell, Derwin James, Calvin Ridley, and Sony Michel 

While I may not like Baker Mayfield, he is now a member of the Cleveland Browns so I hope he does extremely well since I am a Browns fan.

Good night and God Bless

Everything this pos(t)er says is just to annoy and degrade fans of his least favorite team.  He may have been a fan at one time, but he isn't anymore.  The same thing he's doing with Lamar Jackson, he did with RG3 back in the day.  

Mayfield has been the most accurate QB in college football for 2 years.  He is a mobile guy IN the pocket and has a pretty good deep ball.  I would like to remind everyone here that no one outside of a handful on this board wanted Watson last year.  As the season went on everyone suggested we clearly should of drafted him.  What great insight, right?

The pos(t)er you speak of will claim in a few years, if things go well, that he had actually suggested Mayfield was good and that we all just misunderstood him.  Yes, he is very g@y like that.  And just as often, when he suggests something that is stupid, well I'm sure you can figure out what happens next. 

"Lamar Jackson IS the cream of this year's QB Crop. If the Browns were not picking #1 he would go #2. As it is, The browns are likely to take Rosen, at that point whether by trade or just taking the pick they have, Barkley will go #2. Just as I said Trubisky was the player of the 2017 draft, so too, is Barkley in the 2018 draft. If the Browns pass on Jackson and Barkley, they will again have one of the worst drafts since they wasted a #1 on do-nothing Joe Thomas.

It is hard to predict how the QBs will go, because the Browns, who pick #1, are likely to again make a fukcked up choice that throws the true order of players into a ball of chaos. HOWEVER......................... here is the proper rating of the 2018 QBs

Lamar Jackson   

Josh Rosen ( THe Browns will fukck this up and take him first)

Baker Mayfield

Sam Darnold

Then

“They need to take next year's #1, which will be greatly over-valued, make available for trade Myles Garret, Joe Thomas and Corey Colesore. In that concoction,they needto emergewiththe #1, #2 and #s 4or 5.

1  Barkley

2  QB of choice, I like Mayfield

4-5  Calvin Ridley”

Then

“I said all along, I would take Baker.My comments about Lamar Jackson, if you have ever read any of my posts, should standout as obvious, over-the-top parody. Lamar Jackson is Black Tarkenton. He is schidt. He is RG3, He is Cam Newton, Donovan McNabb, Kordell Stewart, Deshone Kizer, and all the other run-first QBs who have flopped. My comment saying the Browns should take him................. was meant as a "yeah, fukc yeah, take another black Tarkenton, by all means, fukck up another draft. I DO want the Browns to take him.............. so I can laugh my fat Ukrainian American butt off at the Browns again.”

I won’t go through what he is saying NOW. I think it proves either he just doesn’t remember the things he says, is just a troll, or just likes contradicting himself.

1 minute ago, Gunz41 said:

"Lamar Jackson IS the cream of this year's QB Crop. If the Browns were not picking #1 he would go #2. As it is, The browns are likely to take Rosen, at that point whether by trade or just taking the pick they have, Barkley will go #2. Just as I said Trubisky was the player of the 2017 draft, so too, is Barkley in the 2018 draft. If the Browns pass on Jackson and Barkley, they will again have one of the worst drafts since they wasted a #1 on do-nothing Joe Thomas.

It is hard to predict how the QBs will go, because the Browns, who pick #1, are likely to again make a fukcked up choice that throws the true order of players into a ball of chaos. HOWEVER......................... here is the proper rating of the 2018 QBs

Lamar Jackson   

Josh Rosen ( THe Browns will fukck this up and take him first)

Baker Mayfield

Sam Darnold

Then

“They need to take next year's #1, which will be greatly over-valued, make available for trade Myles Garret, Joe Thomas and Corey Colesore. In that concoction,they needto emergewiththe #1, #2 and #s 4or 5.

1  Barkley

2  QB of choice, I like Mayfield

4-5  Calvin Ridley”

Then

“I said all along, I would take Baker.My comments about Lamar Jackson, if you have ever read any of my posts, should standout as obvious, over-the-top parody. Lamar Jackson is Black Tarkenton. He is schidt. He is RG3, He is Cam Newton, Donovan McNabb, Kordell Stewart, Deshone Kizer, and all the other run-first QBs who have flopped. My comment saying the Browns should take him................. was meant as a "yeah, fukc yeah, take another black Tarkenton, by all means, fukck up another draft. I DO want the Browns to take him.............. so I can laugh my fat Ukrainian American butt off at the Browns again.”

I won’t go through what he is saying NOW. I think it proves either he just doesn’t remember the things he says, is just a troll, or just likes contradicting himself.

Image result for troll

1 minute ago, htownbrown said:

Everything this pos(t)er says is just to annoy and degrade fans of his least favorite team.  He may have been a fan at one time, but he isn't anymore.  The same thing he's doing with Lamar Jackson, he did with RG3 back in the day.  

Mayfield has been the most accurate QB in college football for 2 years.  He is a mobile guy IN the pocket and has a pretty good deep ball.  I would like to remind everyone here that no one outside of a handful on this board wanted Watson last year.  As the season went on everyone suggested we clearly should of drafted him.  What great insight, right?

The pos(t)er you speak of will claim in a few years, if things go well, that he had actually suggested Mayfield was good and that we all just misunderstood him.  Yes, he is very g@y like that.  And just as often, when he suggests something that is stupid, well I'm sure you can figure out what happens next. 

That is the thing that has ruffled my feathers a few times on here, and maybe it shouldn't, but people having revisionist history. Just like you said with Watson, there were people saying he was trash and then the obvious "we should have drafted him."

But what is even worse, and one of the reasons I brought up the trade rumors, is the ones who said how bad and dumb it was to trade last year. Trades NEVER work, look what the Browns get. Then some of those same people, "well we have an opportunity to get 2 TOP players." Well the Browns had that opportunity because of a TRADE. There was no Barkley, Chubb, Ward, Fitzpatrick discussion if not for a TRADE. But then again, the Browns should NEVER trade.

But the funniest of all is the Brock trade. People have said just how valuable these draft picks are, some say they wouldnt trade that great draft capital for a Pro Bowler, so that 2nd seems pretty valuable, but they want to get mad and say but we paid him 16 million. So that pick is SOOOOOOOOO valuable that you wouldnt trade it for a Pro Bowler, but youre upset because it cost the team with most cap in history 16 million? Yea doesnt make sense.

It is what it is, it just seems like some just want to whine about ANYTHING, just want to say EVERYTHING is bad. I KNEW when I looked last night after Ward pick that there would be those who would be saying he went too high and if the Browns were going to take him then they should have traded down. Same that said Browns shouldnt trade.

You see, maybe I just view things differently. But there are no definites. There should ALWAYS be a case for trading, whether you do it or not. But when you dont get the player you wanted to draft, you cant turn around and say they SHOULD have done something you were so against before that pick. They dont have an issue with not trading, they have an issue of not getting what they want, big difference

13 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Image result for troll

The way he posts, and I do believe he is trolling most of the time, he deserves to be called out. When it is clear that he has said these things it needs to be called out. Because in a week, month, year he will say he was right about everything and he said it first.

So yes he is being fed, but he is getting fed his own ****. I think I have heard it can be quite nutritious

6 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

That is the thing that has ruffled my feathers a few times on here, and maybe it shouldn't, but people having revisionist history. Just like you said with Watson, there were people saying he was trash and then the obvious "we should have drafted him."

But what is even worse, and one of the reasons I brought up the trade rumors, is the ones who said how bad and dumb it was to trade last year. Trades NEVER work, look what the Browns get. Then some of those same people, "well we have an opportunity to get 2 TOP players." Well the Browns had that opportunity because of a TRADE. There was no Barkley, Chubb, Ward, Fitzpatrick discussion if not for a TRADE. But then again, the Browns should NEVER trade.

But the funniest of all is the Brock trade. People have said just how valuable these draft picks are, some say they wouldnt trade that great draft capital for a Pro Bowler, so that 2nd seems pretty valuable, but they want to get mad and say but we paid him 16 million. So that pick is SOOOOOOOOO valuable that you wouldnt trade it for a Pro Bowler, but youre upset because it cost the team with most cap in history 16 million? Yea doesnt make sense.

It is what it is, it just seems like some just want to whine about ANYTHING, just want to say EVERYTHING is bad. I KNEW when I looked last night after Ward pick that there would be those who would be saying he went too high and if the Browns were going to take him then they should have traded down. Same that said Browns shouldnt trade.

You see, maybe I just view things differently. But there are no definites. There should ALWAYS be a case for trading, whether you do it or not. But when you dont get the player you wanted to draft, you cant turn around and say they SHOULD have done something you were so against before that pick. They dont have an issue with not trading, they have an issue of not getting what they want, big difference

I would hate to be these kids' parents on Christmas day.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I heard both of those as well.   I wonder what the price was that the Bills thought was too high?   Both 12 and 22 I suspect?  Which Buff was not willing to do?

Rappaport said the Bills were set on not giving up both those picks 

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

The way he posts, and I do believe he is trolling most of the time, he deserves to be called out. When it is clear that he has said these things it needs to be called out. Because in a week, month, year he will say he was right about everything and he said it first.

So yes he is being fed, but he is getting fed his own ****. I think I have heard it can be quite nutritious

Yeah, I'm guiltier than most of feeding the troll. But there were a couple things so factually wrong (like Hue is calling the shots in the draft) he needed to be called out on. 

FWIW, I was a Mayfield supporter from way back, and though I wanted Chubb, I see the logic of taking Ward. The secondary was a disaster last year. 

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Rappaport said the Bills were set on not giving up both those picks 

Not for the #7, but reports were that both the Bills' 1sts were heading to Denver for the #5 overall. Deal was in place until Chubb fell to them.

So we surely were getting both ones and more, but wanted even more yet. Not hard to think that the "even more" we wanted was to insure we could move back up from #12 to land Ward.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, I'm guiltier than most of feeding the troll.  

Yes you are. :lol:

And while you are correct that only the owner of this board can get rid of his account, moderators like you can get rid of his posts. 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Not for the #7, but reports were that both the Bills' 1sts were heading to Denver for the #5 overall. Deal was in place until Chubb fell to them.

So we surely were getting both ones and more, but wanted even more yet. Not hard to think that the "even more" we wanted was to insure we could move back up from #12 to land Ward.

Think they may have demanded the Bills #12, 22 AND next year's first rounder?

Since I already started this thread and it goes along with it:

I have seen all the meaning about Ward over Chubb. I get it he was rated higher, but I just wonder how many people would have been groaning had the Browns taken Chubb that there wasn't a corner, or even more that the Browns wasted another high pick since they got Ogbah replacement? 

As for the Guard pick and wondering why. I dont have any inside knowledge, but maybe the thought process is moving one of the Guards to tackle.

Now as for the DE pick, not a fan of it. I would have taken Sam Hubbard or Griffin 

10 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I have seen all the meaning about Ward over Chubb. I get it he was rated higher, but I just wonder how many people would have been groaning had the Browns taken Chubb that there wasn't a corner, or even more that the Browns wasted another high pick since they got Ogbah replacement? 

As for the Guard pick and wondering why. I dont have any inside knowledge, but maybe the thought process is moving one of the Guards to tackle.

Now as for the DE pick, not a fan of it. I would have taken Sam Hubbard or Griffin 

Or just maybe they want him as the RT as they move Coleman to LT?

32 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Or just maybe they want him as the RT as they move Coleman to LT?

Might be, just heard some talking about getting a G when they already have 2 good ones. It's about 14 hrs since the pick, no reason to say its terrible right now

On 4/27/2018 at 9:14 PM, Gunz41 said:

1. As for the Guard pick and wondering why. I dont have any inside knowledge, but maybe the thought process is moving one of the Guards to tackle.
  2. Now as for the DE pick, not a fan of it. I would have taken Sam Hubbard or Griffin 
  1. I see competition at Center with a downside of a 5-position backup. Is that worth the spend of 2.01? Not in my book, but we shall see.
  2. After adding about 10 lb I see Chad Thomas as a rotational 3-tech DT, not a DE. Hubbard and Griffin? Don't think they improved our DE rotation appreciably.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. I see competition at Center with a downside of a 5-position backup. Is that worth the spend of 2.01? Not in my book, but we shall see.
  2. After adding about 10 lb I see Chad Thomas as a rotational 3-tech DT, not a DE. Hubbard and Griffin? Don't think they improved our DE rotation appreciably.

1. I wasnt advocating him there, my point was that at the time everyone saying it wasnt a great pick as the team already had 2 starting guards, but dont know what the teams plans are.

2. With where Thomas was taken, I think any of Hubbard, Hurst, or Griffin have more value. I dont see the resistance to the Ward over Chubb pick. 2 years ago the team invested 2.1 I believe in Ogbah, and the team needed DB help. This goes to the whole point of the thread, had the team taken Chubb there would have been those saying well there was another wasted high pick in Ogbah.

There are those that will complain no matter what the team does, not only just to complain but to not even look at what the idea/plan may be. A team could have JJ Watt and Joey Bosa at DE and Justin Gilbert at CB, and just as an example Myles Garrett may be a better/higher rated player, but Lattimore makes more sense for them. The team thinks that Ogbah can be a good player, no reason to call them stupid for passing Chubb.

1. I did not take the Corbett question as advocating.
  2. Hurst is a different matter as he's a proven inside disruptor.

Heard an interesting take yesterday. Williams being our DC effectively discounted the value of adding Chubb to Garrett. Williams has always generated Pass pressure via the schemed blitz, so he needs high quality, press coverage CBs more than he needs a DE.

Archived