THE BROWNS BOARD

Overall Draft Reaction... your thoughts?

thenew23

15 hours ago, Tacosman said:

the more I think about this draft, the more disgusted I am with it.  

We selected a qb #1 overall who is 6 feet, not that athletic, has a decent but not great arm....when we could have drafted rosen or darnold.

I like our pick at #4, but could we have gotten him some picks later?

Austin Corbett at 33 is a bad joke.  So he's going to compete for maybe the center starting job? wtf? Did we draft him 33 or 233?

Nick chubb at 35 is a crappy pick....he has no burst.  Good kid, just the inury killed him.

Chad thomas...who?

Antonio Calloway is perhaps the least character player in the whole draft.  Has like 6 red flag incidents....the sort of guy an organization should want nothing to do with.

Too bad for you, then. Pretty much very athletic and durable - well above average arm. Darnold has turnovers problem, and rosen?

LOL. You have to be kidding. You crab about Mayfield not being athletic..but you wanted ROSEN ? Come on, man.

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/baker-mayfield-baseball-high-school-nfl-draft

Little short Mayfield, not my first pick, we all know who my first pick was- is more like 6'1" - Trubisky is only an inch taller.

Corbett is a kickass run blocker good enough to have played LT - you don't think he'll make a terrific pulling OG ? He CAN play center, but that isn't using all his skills. He is Joel Bitonio, who plays LT. Seriously, I was surprised, but READING and WATCHING, it was a great pick.

Chad Thomas, here is who:

http://www.cleveland.com/nfl-draft/index.ssf/2018/04/chad_thomas_get_to_know_the_br.html

and as much as I am all about character - Calloway does have a daughter - and he wants to make his life now, about making a future for her. The Browns sent people to check him out. Given that, it was a terrific choice to take a chance on a formerly troubled kid, who is probably the best wr in this draft.

READ:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/04/antonio_callaway_john_dorsey.html

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, hoorta said:

One drunk and disorderly bust in college does not make someone an alcoholic. As to being a Retard, he blew Marrucci away with his white board work at the Combine. Had a respectable Wunderlich, if you want to call a prospect a Retard, that's Jackson's 8. 

They have this new intelligence test for football players now......not the Wonderlic.   Someone on here reported that Mayfield got like the 2d highest score ever on that test.   Need something to confirm that....but that is what was stated.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

you don't think he'll make a terrific pulling OG ?

No, I don't. And he's not Joel Bitonio...

Austin Corbett  up.gif Nevada 2-3 6-4 306 5.15 2.96 1.76 19 28 08'10" 4.50 7.87
Joel Bitonio  same.gif     Nevada 2 6-4 302 4.92 2.90 1.78 22 32 09'06" 4.44 7.37

As for still "all about character"... lmao...

On 4/29/2018 at 1:18 PM, ballpeen said:

Or we can take calculated risk to gain a 1st round talent in the 4th round.

4th round receivers wash out all the time.  Does it really matter why?

When the 4th rounder has had charges of sexual assault and credit card fraud on his record and failed a drug test at the combine? Yeah, it matters....

21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

No, I don't. And he's not Joel Bitonio...

Austin Corbett  up.gif Nevada 2-3 6-4 306 5.15 2.96 1.76 19 28 08'10" 4.50 7.87
Joel Bitonio  same.gif     Nevada 2 6-4 302 4.92 2.90 1.78 22 32 09'06" 4.44 7.37

As for still "all about character"... lmao...

Figuratively speaking, obviously - yes, he is like Bitonio bigly.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/3/2/17053108/2018-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-austin-corbett-og-nevada-scouting-report-ny-giants

"But with all that said, Corbett could well be a diamond in the rough.

The easy comparison to make is another former Nevada offensive tackle turned NFL guard, who was, in fact, Corbett’s predecessor as Nevada’s left tackle, Joel Bitonio.

Bitonio was considered too small to be an offensive tackle in the NFL, so he was moved inside for the Cleveland Browns. Comparing Corbett to Bitonio is a bit of a tall ask, but it might also be an apt comparison. Bitonio has thrived since moving inside and the gritty, hard working Corbett could do the same."

as for character - who is to say that he hasn't put his red flags behind him? We haven't interviewed and researched the kid.

I wouldn't have taken the chance, but I can see where Dorsey and co. wanted to take the chance, after they got all the info there was to get on him.

you need to work on your sense of humor.

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are right.....it is wasteful using oxygen on you.  

put that doink on ignore post #3..has he changed his poster name to "Trollie want to be Ghoolie" 2.0 yet? :P

32 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Why don't you just spout your totally baseless hate somewhere else?  

If you don't like what I write then stop reading it. Simple. I am sharing a viewpoint. Nowhere in the rules does it say one must be a brainless ballwasher for the Brown's management or piece of Sheet players like Callaway. 

Archived