THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorsey's out on a limb

Orion

On 5/6/2018 at 9:49 PM, Orion said:

Yes.  But some limbs appear stronger than others.  Darnold was the consensus safest QB pick (in the media and pundit's mind(s)).  When you go against the grain, your need to be right increases.  Let's say a bunch of us went for a hike.  On the way back we come to a fork and most everyone says we should go left, but one person says No, we're going right.  Well, OoKaay...but ya better be right.....

There's a lot of failed QB names on the back of that jersey that no longer hangs in that Cleveland store-front.  We are the QB laughing stock of the league.  It takes guts to NOT go with the safe pick if you're a Cleveland Browns draft picker.  ---  I'm just sayin'.........

Now, do I want Mayfield (and Callaway) to succeed?  I absolutely do.  I'm going to support them and give them the benefit of the doubt.  

And having said all this stuff about going out on a limb as opposed to being careful and picking Darnold, I (we), would NOT want Dorsey to have pick Darnold because he wanted the security of the pundits when all the while he actually felt that Mayfield was the best QB (or best QB for us).  We all want Dorsey to be right.  I'm anxious to see the preseason games that's for sure.

yeah, the pundits were high on Mandrich, too. They don't know Sheet.

On 5/6/2018 at 9:08 PM, hoorta said:

& fer sure, at least one, maybe a couple of the 2018 QB crop will bust. (It had just not better be Baker, but I feel really good about the pick) It's almost gotten funny watching First Round Draft Night, with all they hype these guys get. It's a damn historical guarantee 1\3 of them will bust and another 1\3 will under perform.  :)  

And how did this jackoff Kiper become an Authority? The guy basically calls everyone a good pick. His head is huge.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

And how did this jackoff Kiper become an Authority? The guy basically calls everyone a good pick. His head is huge.

Well, back in the day, he used to lambaste teams for some of their picks.  I remember him saying something to the affect, "And this is why the Colts will always be bad...making picks like this".  And Irsay later saying, "Who the hell is Mel Kiper anyway?"

I think he changed his style a little so as not to be so hated.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Well, back in the day, he used to lambaste teams for some of their picks.  I remember him saying something to the affect, "And this is why the Colts will always be bad...making picks like this".  And Irsay later saying, "Who the hell is Mel Kiper anyway?"

That was not Irsay....that was a GM of the Colts (before Polian) ...named Bill Tobin.... who got fired for making such bad draft picks.

8 hours ago, Orion said:

He doesn't have Ghoolie balls

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Ahhhhh the good ol' NFL Draft days. Now it's just a boring not ready for prime time over hyped, over promoted, over analyzed event one round main event.

(Oh I still prefer Saturday/Sunday afternoon if that's not too obvious. :lol: )

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, Canton Dawg said:

I don’t mind taking a flyer on Callaway, if he doesn’t work out...it’s not like we haven’t wasted a 4th round pick before.

I remember a 4th round WR drafted by Ray Farmer by the name of Vince Mayle.

He didn’t even make the 53 man roster (or even make the PS) and was cut before the regular season began.

In his last collegiate season, he led the FBS with 19 dropped passes, leading to many scouts citing that his inability to hold onto passes was a major concern.............

And THEN

Although he was a fourth round pick and still in his first season, Mayle was one of the Browns' final cuts during training camp on September 5, 2015. It was cited that he was cut due to dropping numerous passes throughout training camp.[2]

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

In his last collegiate season, he led the FBS with 19 dropped passes, leading to many scouts citing that his inability to hold onto passes was a major concern.............

And THEN

Although he was a fourth round pick and still in his first season, Mayle was one of the Browns' final cuts during training camp on September 5, 2015. It was cited that he was cut due to dropping numerous passes throughout training camp.[2]

I’ve lost all hope in “butterfingers” Coleman...they can send him packing this summer as well.

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’ve lost all hope in “butterfingers” Coleman...they can send him packing this summer as well.

If they did send him packing, I hope they wrap him carefully in bubble wrap and mark him as "Fragile". 

20 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

F955AD37-0F08-41D8-92B4-4C03836A7253.jpeg

Believe me, I treasure my Leg Lamp FAR MORE than I do Corey Coleman!!!   :D

Mike

Archived