THE BROWNS BOARD

Funniest Sports Stories

With the signing of George Foster, I thought of this one time while living in Denver.

I was at the Broncos Vs. Chiefs game years ago (don't care who won, tickets were free and in the first row behind the Broncos bench) and after Jake Plummer threw his 4th pick of the game, I yelled (yes I was drunk) "PLUMMER YOU SUCK". This resulted him flipping me off on the side of his helmet. He got fined and it was on Sports Center.

The reason I say George Foster, is right when I said it George Foster and a couple of other Broncos turned around and Foster pointed to me. Sort of like "I'm going to kick your ass."

I thought it was funny.

Anyone else have any funny stories?

Guest 88fingerslewy

A few years back a buddy of mine was at an Indians game. He had to take a wicked leak so off he went. He hears the crowd roar as he's in the restroom. He stood there thinking why are they cheering? We're not at bat. He comes back and says what the hell happened? ....Triple play....DOH!!!!

Maybe 25 years ago I was coaching a youth baseball team where you had to take and play anybody assigned to your team.

On maybe the 2nd day of practice I was talking with one of the dads who had volunteered to help coach the team. We were just shooting the bull getting to know one another and I asked him if he had seen Young Frankenstein?

In a serious tone he said he had and we had probably better limit his innings if we wanted to win.

We are friends to this day.

Many years ago, I was at a Canton Indians game with my Son & 2 of my adult Nephews. Jeff Shaw (ace of the staff) was starting & he pitched lights out, in fact no hits through 4 innings as I recall......Then the wheels came off & he got trashed in the 5th. The Manager pulled him & Shaw went behind the mound & bent over...All of a sudden, this STREAM of water shot straight up...obviously, he had opened a sprinkler head. Then he just walked back to the dugout. We all still laugh about that one.

Mike

Buy two 50 yard line tix to the Browns preseason game against the Danald that ran me around 250. Everybody kept backing out and I ended up going by myself. Bobby Taylor comes over to the sideline right below me and I yell "Taylor you fuckstick, you took a paycut to be here." That was a Notre Dame slam BTW. LOL. He knew I really didn't mean it and was just busting balls and we had a good laugh over it. He was like "Damn dude, that's a hard one to come back on there." Good shit.

BTW, I can't stand fans that are complete jackdicks to ballplayers, it annoys the hell out of me.

....Unless they're Pukers of course.

several years back i was at a cavs vs celtics game. Back when we had price and nance anyway we were getting beat so being the sore loser i am i started throwing things. 2 guys that sat in front of me that i paid no attention to the whole game turned around and told me to cool it. It was Webster Slaughter and Reggie Langhorn lol. I think I was like 12 but they scared me straight for the rest of the game and even signed my cavs shirt. (its all i had on me for them to sign)

Even though it's not a sports story per say I was at an Indians game back in 92' and we got awesome seats right behind homeplate, 2nd row. We were playing the twins and Kirby Pucket came up to bat. I yelled at him "you better hit a homerun you fat f*ck cause you ain't gonna make it to first base" he turned around and looked up at me and gave me a wicked nasty glare. The very next pitch he jacks one for a 3 run homerun.

Do'h!!!

My story is close to yours.

My wife and I had won front row seats for an Akron Aeros game. The visiting team's on deck circle was right in front of us.

Cliff Lee was pitching a great game. I think it was in the 8th inning and he was up 2-1 and had 9 or10 K's.

He walked the first two guys in the 8th. The next batter k'd and the next guy after that got two strikes on him. I leaned over the fence and told the next guy on deck that the current guy was going to go down on strikes and so would he.....The very next pitch the kid hit a three run homer....DOH!

Not sure this is funny.

September 9th 2001, Barry Bonds hits 3 home runs at Coors field. His 62nd home run for the season was caught 5 seats over from me, IN THE SEATS I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN. 3 guys were in our seats and I said no problem. I was going for the ball and saw my head and arms on Sport Center. A story in the Denver Post said the guy who caught #62, which beat Marris, sort of a sentimental home run, was sold for $12,500.

On another note, 2 of the 3 home runs Bonds hit were almost foul tips. One of the home runs hit, even Bonds thought it was a foul ball and didn't start trotting towards first until it was almost over the wall. ROIDS!

Indians vs Orioles at Old Muni....1993 I think. I know we still had Felix Fermin before we traded for Vizquel.

Anyway, we go around the back and come across the Orioles bus after the game. The guys I was with were autograph hounds. Various Orioles are filing on the bus and being pretty gracious about signing stuff. Along comes Cal Ripken Jr. saying "sorry, I can't sign...I don't sign...etc", climbs the steps and stands in the doorway of the bus which was preventing other players from coming out and signing. Everybody is begging Cal to sign crap, including a fairly large group of kids. Cal's still "I'm not signing, I don't sign."

Then the scrawny little pipsqueak dude (a co-worker) that came with us yelled " Well then, SIT YOUR OVER-PRICED ASS IN THAT BUS SO THAT YOUR TEAMMATES THAT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE FANS C A N SIGN!!"

EVERYBODY in that crowd of people turned and stared at him and said "OOooooo!" Cal glared at him for about 10 seconds and went and sat on the bus. The FIRST player off that bus after that to sign stuff was Cal's brother Billy.

Doug

Archived