THE BROWNS BOARD

Rosen

calfoxwc

The Cardinals have long been a laughingstock of the NFL, regardless if they were in Chicago, St. Louis or Arizona. 

For a little while, it looked like they finally were turning into a competent organization, but the last year or so has revealed them to be the same ol' Cardinals. Hiring a head coach that was going to get fired as a college head coach, then pulled these shenanigans isn't helping. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Cardinals have long been a laughingstock of the NFL, regardless if they were in Chicago, St. Louis or Arizona. 

For a little while, it looked like they finally were turning into a competent organization, but the last year or so has revealed them to be the same ol' Cardinals. Hiring a head coach that was going to get fired as a college head coach, then pulled these shenanigans isn't helping. 

Just a couple of notes on them....they are one of only 2 franchises that are still in existence from the original 1920 NFL season (since we are celebrating the 100th year this year).   They and the Chicago Bears (originally the Decatur Staleys).

Also...they have gone the longest of any major league sports franchise without a championship....1947.   One year longer than the Cleveland Indians.

(of course, by all rights, they should have won that 2008 SB.  Just play a little defense there at the end)

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I'm pretty sure I heard him say, "fortunately my time here is coming to an end"... 

Meant it, if he did not actually say it. Was probably going to be broken in two if he had to play much longer behind what might be a good junior college Oline, made up of has beens and never weres. 

The video thanking the fans and welcoming his successor was actually pretty classy.

• Upvote 1

and, there is nothing to stop Rosen from growing from not making it at Arizona, and growing up and into

the job in Miami...

he'll have a better life. and career. Just my two cents.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Which...honestly, is not good for the Browns as the Fins are in the AFC.  If they get good with him at the helm they could be an opponent to watch for in the future.

Some teams just don't get it..1) Miami leads the NFL in dead cap money with 37.5M (how many decent players could you add with that?) 2nd is the NYG(33.8M).. 3rd Zona (30.3M) 4th Pitt(26.5M) 5th Balt (23.6M)  reasons why Belicheck sends them packing before paying...Rosen got a 17M bonus from Zona..We'd thank every red Cardinal 🌹we ever saw in Miami ;) Edit--full classy move by Rosen..

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

and, there is nothing to stop Rosen from growing from not making it at Arizona, and growing up and into

the job in Miami...

he'll have a better life. and career. Just my two cents.

It's unfortunate at your advanced age you still never grew up. Oh well. 

6 hours ago, Nero said:

There have been draft busts that have been given many more opportunities than Rosen.

I still think that trading a first round pick after one year of awful football on both sides of the ball for a bag of chips is stupid. 

Murray better be the real deal, because Arizona's Front Office is on the edge of the cliff...

Actually- and unfortunately for the Cardinals staff, should Murray bust there's a Canyon a few hours north of Glendale with a 5,000' drop off.  I'm sure the fans would be happy to shove them over the edge, should that come to pass.....   (if you ever make it to the States Nero, it's worth checking out)  

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think Miami may be a very good fit for Rosen.   Which...honestly, is not good for the Browns as the Fins are in the AFC.  If they get good with him at the helm they could be an opponent to watch for in the future.

MHO is in the immediate future, we need to worry about what the Steelers and Ravens are doing, before we start worrying about the Fish.  (OK, I know dolphins aren't fish)  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

MHO is in the immediate future, we need to worry about what the Steelers and Ravens are doing, before we start worrying about the Fish.  (OK, I know dolphins aren't fish)  

And they both drafted well to their needs.

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yeah, wasn't thrilled to see the Steelers get Bush. He might be the guy to fill the needed role vacated with the Shazier injury. 

On 4/28/2019 at 8:27 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep I think they did.

Did not think Pgh had the cojones to move up like that. It was a very unPittsburgh move, and I knew who they were going after, as Cin was likely going to take Bush to replace that Idjit Burfict, who is now a Raider. The WR they took will probably pan out, as they have uncanny success with WR in middle and later rounds. They took a CB, and most scouts had about ten CBs who were about equally good, and Pgh got one of them. People compare Pgh to the Kardashians but it’s not a good comparison. The Kardashians have a much better record of drafting and developing DBs than Pgh does, so this CB may not amount to much.

They took some OLB in a later round and I don’t know much abt him but if he is above average then Dupree is gone. He’s a semi bust at this point.

Balt needed WRs badly and got two decent ones, though Brown is awfully awfully scrawny. I mean like Dri Archer thin. Fast and has moves to get open, though.

Its not out of the realm of possibility that our division could be among the toughest in 2019.

Arizona will live to regret this.. I'm on record right now saying Murray will be a monumental bust.. I just can't get around how small he is.... While I can appreciate his diligence.. D-lines are so much bigger and faster in the NFL.. .. Not to mention.. WR's don't get the 3 yard cushions from defensive backs in the NFL like they do in college...

50 minutes ago, nickers said:

Arizona will live to regret this.. I'm on record right now saying Murray will be a monumental bust.. I just can't get around how small he is.... While I can appreciate his diligence.. D-lines are so much bigger and faster in the NFL.. .. Not to mention.. WR's don't get the 3 yard cushions from defensive backs in the NFL like they do in college...

You noticed that too? Right before the  draft  started, they introduced  and trotted out all the invitees who were there as potential first  round picks. Murray was in the same  row as some of the  defensive  linemen, and he almost  looked  like a  dwarf  by comparison.  Like they could sit on  him and squash  him like a bug.

Well from the highlight  clips I saw,  Murray does have a  decent  arm, first read accuracy, and is plenty fast. Remains to be seen  if he'll be  able to stay healthy when he takes a  major shot  from guys who outweigh  him by 50 pounds or more. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You noticed that too? Right before the  draft  started, they introduced  and trotted out all the invitees who were there as potential first  round picks. Murray was in the same  row as some of the  defensive  linemen, and he almost  looked  like a  dwarf  by comparison.  Like they could sit on  him and squash  him like a bug.

Well from the highlight  clips I saw,  Murray does have a  decent  arm, first read accuracy, and is plenty fast. Remains to be seen  if he'll be  able to stay healthy when he takes a  major shot  from guys who outweigh  him by 50 pounds or more. 

And as we all know by way of Anderception.. Having a strong arm guarantees nothing

Good to see Rosen getting a little credit for a change.

On 4/28/2019 at 6:06 PM, hoorta said:

MHO is in the immediate future, we need to worry about what the Steelers and Ravens are doing, before we start worrying about the Fish.

Agree... much of the AFCN talent gap we created pre-draft is no longer discernible. And there are other AFC teams far more concerning than MIA... e.g., IND, NE and LAC.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Good to see Rosen getting a little credit for a change.

Agree... much of the AFCN talent gap we created pre-draft is no longer discernible. And there are other AFC teams far more concerning than MIA... e.g., IND, NE and LAC.

Tour, it remains to be seen (and MHO it is) if the Cardinals have made the biggest mistake since the Falcons traded Brett Favre to Green  Bay. And it cost the Packers a first for Brett, only cost the Dolphins a  low second, and a pick next year. Bargain price.