THE BROWNS BOARD

From the Sporting News on the Quinn move

Guest Masters

Guest Masters

Oh, and Lum, you might want to read this one for these tidbits.

"If a team is unequivocally convinced it has its man, then it doesn't structure that player's contract the way the Browns did Anderson's. In the three-year, $24 million deal, there was a $7 million signing bonus and a $950,000 base salary for 2008. In 2009, Anderson's due a $5 million roster bonus and $1.45 million base salary, and in 2010, there's $2 million in roster bonus money and $7.45 million in base salary. "

"If Quinn performs like the Browns expect he can, the team can just whack Anderson after the year, with the only cost being the $4.67 million left from the proration of his bonus. Cleveland can, quite simply, move on."

It just doesn't sound like any of these media outlets are talking to Lum before they all report exactly the same details about Anderson's contract.

That's because they're BQ fags, anybody can see that.

Just like 99% of this board and the whole city of Cleveland.

Hank Fraley? He's not a BQ fag.

"Want more? Anderson went 14-of-20 for 198 yards and two touchdowns in leading Cleveland to a 27-13 lead midway through the third quarter. From there on out, he was 3-of-13 for 21 yards and a pick."

EXACTLY. When the game/playoffs were on the line, this is what DA did. Apparently Dilfer was too busy getting his panties in a bunch to realize this.

Guest Masters
It just doesn't sound like any of these media outlets are talking to Lum before they all report exactly the same details about Anderson's contract.

That's because they don't live in fantasy land, know how NFL contracts work, and know how to look things up.

Shep, you want some really telling break down of DA, listen to the latest Pluto "Terry Pluto Talks" on the plain dealer sight. Breaks down how month by month DA's completion % (and the decline) as well as success for BCS college QBs.

Guest Masters

That's because they don't live in fantasy land, know how NFL contracts work, and know how to look things up.

Shep, you want some really telling break down of DA, listen to the latest Pluto "Terry Pluto Talks" on the plain dealer sight. Breaks down how month by month DA's completion % (and the decline) as well as success for BCS college QBs.

Albert Breer really knows his stuff. Although it is interesting that not another person on the planet thought this but him about training camp...

During the three days in August I was at the Browns camp in Cleveland, Quinn looked every bit as good running the offense with backups, some of whom aren't in the league anymore, as Anderson did with a star-studded cast of talent.

Nice effort albert. Now maybe Tony Grossi will hire you to fetch him a cup of coffee in the mornings. You've earned the right to be his bitch.

Nice effort albert. Now maybe Tony Grossi will hire you to fetch him a cup of coffee in the mornings. You've earned the right to be his bitch.

If so, he better not let Derek cut in line when Derek's sent to pick up the Starter's double-shot, soy, no foam latte.

Guest Masters
Albert Breer really knows his stuff. Although it is interesting that not another person on the planet thought this but him about training camp...

During the three days in August I was at the Browns camp in Cleveland, Quinn looked every bit as good running the offense with backups, some of whom aren't in the league anymore, as Anderson did with a star-studded cast of talent.

Of course you focus on that instead of all the great points he makes. Or where he sets things straight on DAs contract.

Dude you are now on ignore; you are not a gentleman or a scholar

Of course you focus on that instead of all the great points he makes. Or where he sets things straight on DAs contract.

Obviously he completely dismissed the GUARANTEED portion of the contract, as any good BQ lover would. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... fl&id=3233

No biggie to me. That 14.5 mil guarantee is gonna hit all you BQ lovers like a ton of bricks next spring. But I've decided to stop warning you and instead will just watch the bricks come down on ya.

Guest Masters

Obviously he completely dismissed the GUARANTEED portion of the contract, as any good BQ lover would. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... fl&id=3233

No biggie to me. That 14.5 mil guarantee is gonna hit all you BQ lovers like a ton of bricks next spring. But I've decided to stop warning you and instead will just watch the bricks come down on ya.

He already got 8M of that Lums (signing bonus and salary). Another 1M was in bonuses for performance. Once again you continue to not read what has already been shown. The hit for letting him walk will be 4.67M next year, just as this guy showed. You don't take a cap hit for money you already paid out.

The same thing Peter King reported in October

"I think we need to get one thing straight about the future of the Cleveland Browns (and I know they're on their bye week, but this just has to be clarified because people keep getting it wrong), and that's the contract impact of quarterback Derek Anderson. You'll recall Anderson signed a three-year, $23.85-million contract. The report is true, but the way the contract was structured makes it much less onerous than the money figure seems -- and much less dangerous if the Browns decide to part ways with the struggling Anderson after this year.

The Browns gave Anderson a $7 million signing bonus this year, plus a salary of $950,000 in 2008. In 2009, he's due a roster bonus of $5 million if he makes the team, with a salary of $1.45 million. In 2010, he's due a roster bonus of $2 million if he makes the team, plus $7.45 million in salary. So Anderson makes $7.95 million this year, and if the Browns cut him after the season, the contract will be null and void and the team won't owe him anything. The only remnant of the deal with be a $4.67-million salary-cap charge on the Browns' 2009 cap, the amount of the pro-rated signing bonus assigned to the last two years of the contract for accounting purposes. "

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/w ... ek5/4.html

But you keep trying to change reality, and maybe it will happen.

In a nut shell, CLE gave DA a deal like the Cowboys gave TO his first year with them. A contract with an escape incase he didn't pan out.

I don't think u will get one....or he's feverishly digging for some sort of information to throw back at everyone here that I'm assuming really wants the browns to win and succeed. I'm thinking Lum could care less about the browns, it really is a love thing with DA.

Guest Masters
I don't think u will get one....or he's feverishly digging for some sort of information to throw back at everyone here that I'm assuming really wants the browns to win and succeed. I'm thinking Lum could care less about the browns, it really is a love thing with DA.

Oh I am sure you are right. Didn't want this to sink to the bottom yet. Not just for DA, but because the article from Sporting News was really good.

no response necessary. it's the same old shit, this time from some college kid in his first job.

Guest Masters

no response necessary. it's the same old shit, this time from some college kid in his first job.

Who is the college kid? The sporting news guy or Peter King? Both of which show the FACTs that cutting DA at year end would only cost CLE 4.67M against the cap next year and nothing past (plus owe DA no more money). Which would be contrary to the make believe details you have tried to portray over and over.

I was contemplating feeding a roll of toilet paper into my printer, but then it occurred to me, NOTHING Lumms has ever posted is worth wiping my ass with.

I'm going to keep laughing as he latches on to believing it was an injustice to bench one of the WORST performing qbs in the league.

Guest Masters

Who is the college kid? The sporting news guy or Peter King? Both of which show the FACTs that cutting DA at year end would only cost CLE 4.67M against the cap next year and nothing past (plus owe DA no more money). Which would be contrary to the make believe details you have tried to portray over and over.

Lummy..... still waiting. Oh wait, your too busy trying to find something to make DA look like the victim. He's not a victim. He's the lowest rated QB in the NFL and can't complete half his passes.

Archived