THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Trading Jamar Taylor

darren15

The #AZCardinals are finalizing a trade for #Browns starting CB Jamar Taylor, sources say. Corner is a big need for Arizona and Taylor fills it. Cleveland had shopped him during the draft and the two sides kept talking. The trade is expected to happen after 4 pm.

Was waiting for this ... frees up the logjam at corner. Obviously the three main guys they brought in are the Top 3 : Ward, Carrie and Gaines ... And then you've got Simeon, Mitchell, Calhoun, Wilson, Jordan ....

He was out the door, hope they got something for him.

Zombo

No surprise.  IMO...he was the weak link back there.    So, from our starting DB from last year, both CBs will be gone:  Taylor/McCourty.  Peppers will move from FS to SS, and Kindred will now play backup to him there with Damarious Randall taking over the FS spot. 

Does anyone not see the new starting DB of:

Ward, Carrie, Randall and Peppers not being better?

13 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Was waiting for this ... frees up the logjam at corner. Obviously the three main guys they brought in are the Top 3 : Ward, Carrie and Gaines ... And then you've got Simeon, Mitchell, Calhoun, Wilson, Jordan ....

Zombo

We have Terrance Mitchell too

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

He said Mitchell.   But we also still have The Lady Breann Boddy-Calhoun

He said Calhoun too :)

Taylor played hard, but was a weak link. Our secondary was toast - and other offenses knew it.

Haley, of course, knew it. Does no good to beef up the pass rush if the secondary can't cover those first two or three seconds.

Was it Dorsey? that said they watched film, and their pass rush got there, in only a few seconds, but the pass was already thrown

for a completion. 3rd and ...19 ? and the steelers easily completed that conversion?

I hope we got at least a 4th round pick for Taylor, after all the waiting. He'll start for needy Arizona - he just isn't a shutdown cb on an island.

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

Taylor played hard, but was a weak link. Our secondary was toast - and other offenses knew it.

Haley, of course, knew it. Does no good to beef up the pass rush if the secondary can't cover those first two or three seconds.

Was it Dorsey? that said they watched film, and their pass rush got there, in only a few seconds, but the pass was already thrown

for a completion. 3rd and ...19 ? and the steelers easily completed that conversion?

I hope we got at least a 4th round pick for Taylor, after all the waiting. He'll start for needy Arizona - he just isn't a shutdown cb on an island.

We are getting a 6th rounder

56 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

You're forgetting Randall , too!

43 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Randall is a safety.

Everyone wants me to forget someone...

Zombo

Point is, we drafted a day 1 starter this year and have about 5 dudes on the roster who can fight for the other spot. Taylor was very expendable and was likely to get beat out.

I'm personally very interested in what Gaines can bring to the table. Everyone in Buffalo I know say he was low-key very good to great and would have gotten a lot more pub if he didn't miss 5? or so games last year.

P.S.-You forgot Peppers 

39 minutes ago, darren15 said:

The 6th round pick we are getting is for 2020 not next year

We traded Mia.for J.Taylor..flipped a 7th #250 giving Mia.#223 QB Brandon Doughty to Mia...Heard Dorsey wanted to improve the speed of the group but Taylor ran 4.39 combine but maybe slowing. Looking more like corners with press coverage ability leans more of the truth of the matter with Williams & Dorsey..now i wonder if BBC/T.Mitchell cover slot behind EJ Gaines or maybe some  back-up FS reps? 

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Randall is a safety.

Everyone wants me to forget someone...

Zombo

Safeties are DB's too!

Dorsey must have a long list  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/18/browns-claim-marcell-frazier-off-waivers/  Seattle... check for missing limbs :P EDIT-It's a small world after all. Seattle on Thursday signed Keenan Reynolds & Dadi Nicolas. Freeing up M.Frazier. Dadi Nicolas will be in camp battle for OLB position against Barkevious Mingo in Hawkland..

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

...... and to think some of us were all bent out of shape when they didn't draft Chubb. B)

And one advantage of being worst is that every player waived by any team this year for the second year in a row, the Browns have first shot at over every other team. We may still find some really good players from time to time that no one is willing to trade for. That works really well when all teams are on their final 53 week. The very best of the waivers usually occurs then. The advantage of claiming someone like Frazier now is that we get to see him perform from now until we hit that 53 cutoff time if we want to.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/01/browns-hold-first-pick-on-waiver-claims/

On 5/18/2018 at 4:09 PM, gumby73 said:

We traded Mia.for J.Taylor..flipped a 7th #250 giving Mia.#223 QB Brandon Doughty to Mia...Heard Dorsey wanted to improve the speed of the group but Taylor ran 4.39 combine but maybe slowing. Looking more like corners with press coverage ability leans more of the truth of the matter with Williams & Dorsey..now i wonder if BBC/T.Mitchell cover slot behind EJ Gaines or maybe some  back-up FS reps? 

BBC not drafted or signed as a UDFA by Dorsey so he could be the next one traded or released 

46 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

BBC not drafted or signed as a UDFA by Dorsey so he could be the next one traded or released 

Anna & Lynnic's would both get fired at The home of Depo;)..#13 overall CB at a 156th pay rate should at least get BBC a camp look at Fort Dorsey. https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfls-10-most-valuable-players-on-smaller-contracts  Haslam should be BBC free uber driver? (now again, am a buckeye fan. but when a Golden Gopher continued to jump off the screen,BBC got my attention.early.) 

18 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Anna & Lynnic's would both get fired at The home of Depo;)..#13 overall CB at a 156th pay rate should at least get BBC a camp look at Fort Dorsey. https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfls-10-most-valuable-players-on-smaller-contracts  Haslam should be BBC free uber driver? (now again, am a buckeye fan. but when a Golden Gopher continued to jump off the screen,BBC got my attention.early.) 

Gotta agree with you Gums!  IMO Boddy-Calhoun has made the most of his opportunities here.  When he first started to get reps - I can't even tell you how many times I found myself asking in a positive way "Wow, who is this guy?"  He impressed me way more than Jamar Taylor ever did at a fraction of the cap hit you alluded to.  If Gregg Williams has been seeing the same player we have; and our FO really loves a good walk-on story - the warm fuzzies for BBC should be going viral in Berea...

1 hour ago, 7moses7 said:

While true Moses, everybody likes a great bargain like BBC provides here. When we're coming off 1-31 football, we shouldn't have to get creative with finding/prioritizing who needs to go. 

5 hours ago, One Post said:

Ok how is anyone a weak link that goes 1-31 in the last 2years? Oh I see so if Taylor wasn't starting we would have been so great. Plz

Taylor was one of the big reasons we were one and 31 last year. And with the new talent that had been brought in, yes he was the weakest link

16 hours ago, Flugel said:

Gotta agree with you Gums!  IMO Boddy-Calhoun has made the most of his opportunities here.  When he first started to get reps - I can't even tell you how many times I found myself asking in a positive way "Wow, who is this guy?"  He impressed me way more than Jamar Taylor ever did at a fraction of the cap hit you alluded to.  If Gregg Williams has been seeing the same player we have; and our FO really loves a good walk-on story - the warm fuzzies for BBC should be going viral in Berea...

When he first started getting playing time, I (not so) affectionately called him (dead) Boddy Calhoon. He was flat- out terrible, but has improved immensely with experience. 

16M must be our thing;) Brock,Tyrod, now our Dead Cap Money in 2018..Jamar took a hit too..  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/5/21/17375604/report-jamar-taylors-contract-was-re-worked-before-trade-to-arizona  (check out cap break down in comments)

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Taylor was one of the big reasons we were one and 31 last year. And with the new talent that had been brought in, yes he was the weakest link

I agree with Taylor being the odd man out right now but it seems he was good enough to start? My point...having Taylor making an exit shouldn't be entirely his fault. Oh and btw way I really like motorboating even in the winter.

Archived