THE BROWNS BOARD

Foles spurns Browns

Westside Steve

16 hours ago, Flyin J said:

free agency didn't begin until March 14th.....

Yes I was looking at the NFL.com schedule of events for 2018, d'oh.

As far as who the BROWNS didn't get for whatever reason (I hate replowing old manure fields) but FA QBs just don't seem to want to come to Cleveland.......and I think the BROWNS did ok in the draft and other manuvers all in all.

March 7, 2018, top QBs available (Rankings from NFL.com's Top 101 free agents)........not an outstanding class that's for sure.

1. Kirk Cousins, Redskins.....thank goodness passed up.

With Washington's reported trade for Alex Smith set to be official at the start of the league year, Cousins is set to be somewhere else in 2018, and he's expected to be handsomely rewarded in the process. Cousins threw for thank more than 4,000 yards in each of the last three seasons, including a 2016 Pro Bowl campaign.

2. Drew Brees, Saints.....no chance.

The future Hall of Famer has maintained he plans to stay in New Orleans, and there's no reason to believe he won't make good on that pledge.

8. Case Keenum, Vikings......?

The veteran journeyman is set to hit the market after his best season by a long shot. Playing in relief of an injured Sam Bradford, Keenum threw for 3,547 yards, 22 touchdowns and seven interceptions while leading the Vikings to an NFC North crown and a trip to the NFC Championship.

11. Teddy Twatwater, Vikings......eh.

Once believed to be Minnesota's franchise quarterback, Bridgewater could be headed elsewhere after missing most of the past two seasons with a severe knee injury. Bridgewater made the Pro Bowl in 2015 when he threw for 3,231 yards and 14 touchdowns.

12. Sam Bradford, Vikings

Yes, there are three Minnesota quarterbacks set to be free agents. Bradford, the former No. 1 pick, missed most of 2017 because of lingering knee issues. In 2016, he set the NFL record for accuracy (71.6 completion percentage) while throwing for 3,877 yards, 20 touchdowns and just five interceptions.

31. AJ McCarron - Bengals

After winning a grievance hearing against the Bengals, McCarron is set to be an unrestricted free agent and is poised to land somewhere he has a chance to start. He made the most of an opportunity in 2015 when Andy Dalton went down with a season-ending injury, as he led the Bengals to two wins near the end of the regular season and had Cincinnati in position to beat the Steelers in the playoffs.

45. Josh McCown, Jets

The former Browns signal-caller is coming off one of the best seasons of a career that began way back in 2002. Before a season-ending injury, McCown threw for 2,926 yards, 18 touchdowns and nine interceptions while leading the Jets to an unexpected five wins.

78. Colin Kaepernick

He was out of football all last season but continues to look for a landing spot. Kaepernick led the 49ers to the Super Bowl in 2012 and put up solid numbers the following two seasons.

101. Jay Cutler, Dolphins

Once retired, Cutler was a late addition to the Dolphins after Ryan Tannehill's season-ending injury and went on to throw for 2,666 yards, 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. It's unclear if Cutler plans to pursue another season.

Honorable mention: Blaine Gabbert, Mike Glennon

This thread is titled:

Foles spurns Browns

More than Foles have spurned the Browns in the past, hopefully things are looking up now.

18 hours ago, Flyin J said:

free agency didn't begin until March 14th.....

I believe we went in knowing we were drafting a QB #1.  We weren't going to roll the dice on Cousins or Keenum.  We wanted a reliable guy to come in and give us a chance to win games for 1 or 2 years while the rook developed.  Maybe the missing piece of this so called Foles story is we wouldn't talk extension with him, and promise not to draft a QB.

3 hours ago, Flyin J said:

I believe we went in knowing we were drafting a QB #1.  We weren't going to roll the dice on Cousins or Keenum.  We wanted a reliable guy to come in and give us a chance to win games for 1 or 2 years while the rook developed.  Maybe the missing piece of this so called Foles story is we wouldn't talk extension with him, and promise not to draft a QB.

Yeah my personal PLAN A got shot down with the "sign an established good quarterback FA and pick a power #1 & 4"......Geeezzzus that was a long few months!

And now we're looking at Hard Knocks, things are getting interesting in Cleveland, OH!

13 hours ago, Flyin J said:

I agree & also believe that we took the right path, but only time will tell. Bottom line is that we have who we have & that's who I support. GO BROWNS!

Mike

Archived