Jump to content
THE BROWNS BOARD

A little fashion chat


Recommended Posts

Definition: Definition of logo for English Language Learners. : a symbol that is used to identify a company and that appears on its products.

I maintain the Browns' logo is the most easily identified in the NFL from a visibility standpoint. Add a WINNING Browns' Team & that's a great combination. I don't think we are far from reaching that status.

KEEP THE LOGO!!! It simply & without question identifies the Cleveland Browns.

Mike

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the primary logo needs changed but the helmet logo should stick around in some capacity and the helmet itself should never change.   But the logo can't be the cartoon dog or some other bs. Make it a block CB, or Cleveland in cursive  or some Sheet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Flyin J said:

I think the primary logo needs changed but the helmet logo should stick around in some capacity and the helmet itself should never change.   But the logo can't be the cartoon dog or some other bs. Make it a block CB, or Cleveland in cursive  or some Sheet.

One more like 2016 or 2017 and this has to be the new design until it's earned off.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=browns+helmet+with+turd&fr=yhs-pty-pty_forms&hspart=pty&hsimp=yhs-pty_forms&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wallydfantasyfootball.com%2Fthings%2Fcookie-browns-dookie-turd-football-helmet-logo.jpg#id=2&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wallydfantasyfootball.com%2Fthings%2Fcookie-browns-dookie-turd-football-helmet-logo.jpg&action=click

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm more excited about the fact that we only have to endure two more seasons of the current abortions of uniforms. 

Then again, if the current ownership ok'd the current uniforms, dog knows what they will greenlight next. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I expect a TON of polling and design competitions. Like, leave no stone unturned type of stuff. We need to get this right and everyone knows it. Now, what right IS...that's a giant problem. There's a large part of me that likes our orange helmets with the stripe. I don't want something tacky and childish like a milk bone drawn on the sides, but I DO want to see as many options as possible, ya know? 

As far as the uniforms are concerned, I'll never know how we screwed that up. Didn't we pay some company millions of dollars to "design" for us, only for us to basically wear white every week? That's so dumb (although I COULD be mistaken about hiring a design company, so don't quote me). Still, how difficult can designing new uniforms be?! You know what I've found? Many fans really like our orange uniforms! I'm not saying we wear them EVERY week, but lord...how about SOMETIMES. And probably not orange jerseys with orange pants, that's a bit much. Orange with white looked good, right? I thought our brown uniforms were very good too. They might be my favorite. Brown jersey, brown pants with orange stripe down the side. Not hard. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2018 at 9:08 PM, Westside Steve said:

Cleveland Browns: Graphic designer was right about the logo

https://search.app.goo.gl/skv9a

Shared from my Google feed

WTF? The Browns don't have a logo.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2018 at 7:05 AM, Canton Mike said:

Definition: Definition of logo for English Language Learners. : a symbol that is used to identify a company and that appears on its products.

I maintain the Browns' logo is the most easily identified in the NFL from a visibility standpoint. Add a WINNING Browns' Team & that's a great combination. I don't think we are far from reaching that status.

KEEP THE LOGO!!! It simply & without question identifies the Cleveland Browns.

Mike

WTF are you jackoffs talking about? The Browns have no logo.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I hope there is a gray/orange option in the new new uniforms. It's a sharp look.

 

 

thumb.jpeg

That's not bad. I could live with something like that.

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Canton Mike said:

The logo is the orange helmet.

Mike

Ridiculous. The Browns have no logo. Orange is a color, not a logo. You can register a logo. You can't register a color. Time to bring back the Brownie and make him a testosterone fired up badass.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I hope there is a gray/orange option in the new new uniforms. It's a sharp look.

 

 

thumb.jpeg

The Browns Stadium has Tennessee shaped scoreboards, so Haslam going with uniforms of his favorite school wouldn't be a shock. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Time to bring back the Brownie and make him a testosterone fired up badass.

As the stars have aligned, I actually agree with you.

The Elf (Brownie) has been associated with us for as long as I can remember (54 + years?, for me).....until JUST recently.  People say he's not ferocious enough.  Really?  Is that what's required?  Is anyone going to think of a Dolphin as mean?  Or how about a Saint?  There's Saints Peter & Paul sacking a QB and rubbing his nose in the ground.  

Bring back the thing that has represented us (kinda' sorta') all along...and make him look mean if ya have to.  Give him some brass knuckles...and a sling-shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I would prefer the browns not to look like the most boring football team that ever played. 

Winning cures everything. Think the people in Green Bay or Pittsburgh are screaming for a uniform or logo change? I doubt it.  Sorry if I don't get the "we gotta have something new to look cool" thinking. The Browns colors are (technically) seal brown and orange. NOT grey. Of course there's been a big push (by Nike) to sell new gear to make every teams colors darker. Wow, the fashion police must LOVE Oregon's putrid uniforms (totally sponsored and paid for by Phil Knight, the owner of Nike and Oregon alum's) look. Whoopee, everyone will be wearing black like the Raiders soon. Notre Dame and Penn State have plain helmets- See if there's a big push to put the Leprechaun or Nittany Lion on the helmets respectively. Ohio State with Brutus Buckeye- nah- doesn't work, at least for me. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Winning cures everything. Think the people in Green Bay or Pittsburgh are screaming for a uniform or logo change? I doubt it.  Sorry if I don't get the "we gotta have something new to look cool" thinking. The Browns colors are (technically) seal brown and orange. NOT grey. Of course there's been a big push (by Nike) to sell new gear to make every teams colors darker. Wow, the fashion police must LOVE Oregon's putrid uniforms (totally sponsored and paid for by Phil Knight, the owner of Nike and Oregon alum's) look. Whoopee, everyone will be wearing black like the Raiders soon. Notre Dame and Penn State have plain helmets- See if there's a big push to put the Leprechaun or Nittany Lion on the helmets respectively. Ohio State with Brutus Buckeye- nah- doesn't work, at least for me. 

I've always wondered why NO ONE seems to care that Ohio State doesn't have a logo on their helmet, but so many people (mostly non-Browns fans) seem fixated by it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Winning cures everything. Think the people in Green Bay or Pittsburgh are screaming for a uniform or logo change? I doubt it.  Sorry if I don't get the "we gotta have something new to look cool" thinking. The Browns colors are (technically) seal brown and orange. NOT grey. Of course there's been a big push (by Nike) to sell new gear to make every teams colors darker. Wow, the fashion police must LOVE Oregon's putrid uniforms (totally sponsored and paid for by Phil Knight, the owner of Nike and Oregon alum's) look. Whoopee, everyone will be wearing black like the Raiders soon. Notre Dame and Penn State have plain helmets- See if there's a big push to put the Leprechaun or Nittany Lion on the helmets respectively. Ohio State with Brutus Buckeye- nah- doesn't work, at least for me. 

The packers and Steelers wear their dark colored Jerseys with regularity and each team has at least two alternate throwbacks that they wear with semi-regularity. 

Meanwhile whether it's the browns classic uniform or the new atrocity they wear it's a 90% chance it's white on white. Yay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I hope there is a gray/orange option in the new new uniforms. It's a sharp look.

 

 

thumb.jpeg

 

This is what I'm talking about.  Ideas pouring in from all over.  I have to say, the gray is gaining a little steam.  Maybe some tweaks here and there (obviously)...but...I think I'd like to see more.  Perhaps a finished Browns' jersey done with an editing tool?  Anybody have that kind of skill set?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Ridiculous. The Browns have no logo. Orange is a color, not a logo. You can register a logo. You can't register a color. Time to bring back the Brownie and make him a testosterone fired up badass.

 

The Browns have no helmet logo...that is true.  And while they do use the helmet to represent them a lot...I agree that it is not actually a logo.  But they do have official logos that they do use on paraphenalia etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Image result for joe louis drawing

 

I know its an image based on a downtown statue in Detroit, but if the Browns actually were named after Joe Louis than this would be my first choice of a logo.  

 

 

Image result for fedora silhouettes

 

 

Maybe something similar to this if the team is, as originally thought, named after Paul Brown.

 

Either way, as someone else mentioned, nothing should ever be on the helmet.  Very hard to pick something relating back to the nickname.  You will never get an elf logo to not look corny and the dog logos are too far removed from the actual origin of the team name.  JMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Image result for joe louis drawing

 

I know its an image based on a downtown statue in Detroit, but if the Browns actually were named after Joe Louis than this would be my first choice of a logo.  

 

 

Image result for fedora silhouettes

 

 

Maybe something similar to this if the team is, as originally thought, named after Paul Brown.

 

Either way, as someone else mentioned, nothing should ever be on the helmet.  Very hard to pick something relating back to the nickname.  You will never get an elf logo to not look corny and the dog logos are too far removed from the actual origin of the team name.  JMHO.

That profile actually looks more Sinatra than PB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...