THE BROWNS BOARD

A little fashion chat

Westside Steve

I swear one of the guys on 92.3 said that he heard that there was another set of uniforms that the Browns almost went with, which looked great and nothing like the atrocities they chose, and that grey was involved. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I swear one of the guys on 92.3 said

I don't listen to them anymore.  All I hear is Cav's. (which is what they SHOULD be talking about)   I just don't give two $#!+s about the Cav's.  (so it's npr or 360 science)

There was nothing WRONG with our uni's.  Jimmuh, the marketing man, just had to make everything 'look' new and improved.  In fact, however, everything his organization did went in the OTHER direction.  Soup to nuts.  1-31 clowns wearing clown outfits.  - The only thing I liked was the nickname down the pants leg.  

Seal brown (that's a dark brown), orange (not red orange) and white.  Brown shirt - white pants.  White on white.  That's who we've been.  (sprinkle in orange pants)  NO horizontal stripes on the shirts (how fugly is that?)...and orange numbers on the brown jersey?  geesh

Hopefully Jimmuh never buys the Yankees.  He'll want to swap their pinstripes for polka dots. 

On 5/29/2018 at 7:34 PM, Orion said:

As the stars have aligned, I actually agree with you.

The Elf (Brownie) has been associated with us for as long as I can remember (54 + years?, for me).....until JUST recently.  People say he's not ferocious enough.  Really?  Is that what's required?  Is anyone going to think of a Dolphin as mean?  Or how about a Saint?  There's Saints Peter & Paul sacking a QB and rubbing his nose in the ground.  

Bring back the thing that has represented us (kinda' sorta') all along...and make him look mean if ya have to.  Give him some brass knuckles...and a sling-shot.

We had to ditch him so we could have that badass negative space pooch!!!

7 hours ago, Orion said:

I don't listen to them anymore.  All I hear is Cav's. (which is what they SHOULD be talking about)   I just don't give two $#!+s about the Cav's.  (so it's npr or 360 science)

There was nothing WRONG with our uni's.  Jimmuh, the marketing man, just had to make everything 'look' new and improved.  In fact, however, everything his organization did went in the OTHER direction.  Soup to nuts.  1-31 clowns wearing clown outfits.  - The only thing I liked was the nickname down the pants leg.  

Seal brown (that's a dark brown), orange (not red orange) and white.  Brown shirt - white pants.  White on white.  That's who we've been.  (sprinkle in orange pants)  NO horizontal stripes on the shirts (how fugly is that?)...and orange numbers on the brown jersey?  geesh

Hopefully Jimmuh never buys the Yankees.  He'll want to swap their pinstripes for polka dots. 

I'm totally cool with them bringing back the traditional unis. They finally got them right - grey facemasks and black cleats finished the traditional look - only to replace them with Walmart knockoffs designed by a 12 year old. 

I hope they go with a more traditional look next time.

image.png

DMg0n1QWAAEL1XL.jpg

jim-brown.jpg

Of course a little modern touch is needed, but don't gay them up like that last batch, keep it simple and clean.

I refer to the current unis as the "Manziel era" as we unleashed them when he was the "saviour". The Manziel fanboys and the uniform fags at the same time ... Oy Vey!

Can't wait for these to be gone and go back to a simpler look.

I remember one homo arguing with me that the team will perform better with new, updated uniforms, because the players will feel better in their new threads. LOL.

The Browns are 4-44 in these uniforms.

NFL should let us switch back now for the Mayfield era.

Zombo

As long as they don’t let FUBU designers to be involved in the design process, I can only see them getting better than what we currently have.

But, if anyone could find a way to make abominable turd traffickers worse, it’s the Haslams.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:28 AM, The Gipper said:

The Browns have no helmet logo...that is true.  And while they do use the helmet to represent them a lot...I agree that it is not actually a logo.  But they do have official logos that they do use on paraphenalia etc.

GIp, the helmet without a logo is an identity, it is a statement, literally, a trademarkable item. 

I am not at all a fan of "The Dawgz" culture, simply because there is no historical connection to it. Dixon and Minnifield were exciting buffoons, but I don't see dawg related crap as part of this teams identity. The Bulldog is a testament to PB and Canton, not to Cleveland. If the team did install a logo, it can't be to recognize PB. He was an important part of the Browns, but he was not the root source of the Browns.

The only two graphic possibilities that can be legitimately considered are either the letters CB, or The Brownie. With the graphic tools we have today it would be very plausible to either use the CB, C or B, or make a non-gay Brownie. Perhaps the Brownie perched like King Kong on the top of the tower? Maybe a Brownie turned Terminator. I have no idea, but I for one would like the team to come up with a respectable logo that you and I could easily be suckered into buying new Browns crap.

The helmet is boring. For 2018? It really is bad.

17 hours ago, Zombo said:

I hope they go with a more traditional look next time.

image.png

DMg0n1QWAAEL1XL.jpg

jim-brown.jpg

Of course a little modern touch is needed, but don't gay them up like that last batch, keep it simple and clean.

I refer to the current unis as the "Manziel era" as we unleashed them when he was the "saviour". The Manziel fanboys and the uniform fags at the same time ... Oy Vey!

Can't wait for these to be gone and go back to a simpler look.

I remember one homo arguing with me that the team will perform better with new, updated uniforms, because the players will feel better in their new threads. LOL.

The Browns are 4-44 in these uniforms.

NFL should let us switch back now for the Mayfield era.

Zombo

Browns helmet was made out of a bedpan. Not a lot of people knew that. That Spitzer homo had them pounded out and painted in one of his car dealerships.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:16 PM, The Cysko Kid said:

I would prefer the browns not to look like the most boring football team that ever played. 

And how exactly would a 1 - 31 team accomplish that?

I don't know if you're trolling or dumb as sh!t sometimes. 

Let's put it this way: if you had the choice of wearing a three piece custom suit by Armani or homespun Amish clothes with the obvious seams all in the wrong place which would you feel more confident going out for the evening in?

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

GIp, the helmet without a logo is an identity, it is a statement, literally, a trademarkable item. 

I am not at all a fan of "The Dawgz" culture, simply because there is no historical connection to it. Dixon and Minnifield were exciting buffoons, but I don't see dawg related crap as part of this teams identity. The Bulldog is a testament to PB and Canton, not to Cleveland. If the team did install a logo, it can't be to recognize PB. He was an important part of the Browns, but he was not the root source of the Browns.

The only two graphic possibilities that can be legitimately considered are either the letters CB, or The Brownie. With the graphic tools we have today it would be very plausible to either use the CB, C or B, or make a non-gay Brownie. Perhaps the Brownie perched like King Kong on the top of the tower? Maybe a Brownie turned Terminator. I have no idea, but I for one would like the team to come up with a respectable logo that you and I could easily be suckered into buying new Browns crap.

The helmet is boring. For 2018? It really is bad.

Fair enough.   I have said the same thing about the whole "Dawg" persona.....that it applied only to the Dixon/Minniefield defense...not every one since then.

It would be like the Rams calling all of their defenses  "Fearsome Foursome" .  But they only apply that to the  Deacon Jones/Olsen/Grier/Lundy defense.

Or the Vikings calling all their defensed the "Purple People Eaters"...but that was only for Eller/Page/Larsen/Marshall.

I personally am fine with the no logo helmet.  See my current avatar.  That was a proposed helmet logo for them made back in the early 60s I think.  They may have had it on their helmets for like 1 or 2  preseason games back then....but then dropped it.

I do like this logo for certain paraphenalia, etc.  but not for helmets:

8b03d25e00019698d0b785e1ecac5802.jpg

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Fair enough.   I have said the same thing about the whole "Dawg" persona.....that it applied only to the Dixon/Minniefield defense...not every one since then.

It would be like the Rams calling all of their defenses  "Fearsome Foursome" .  But they only apply that to the  Deacon Jones/Olsen/Grier/Lundy defense.

Or the Vikings calling all their defensed the "Purple People Eaters"...but that was only for Eller/Page/Larsen/Marshall.

I personally am fine with the no logo helmet.  See my current avatar.  That was a proposed helmet logo for them made back in the early 60s I think.  They may have had it on their helmets for like 1 or 2  preseason games back then....but then dropped it.

I do like this logo for certain paraphenalia, etc.  but not for helmets:

I have a polo with that logo Gip, I like it. Hmmmmm..... FIWW, the ball caps they sent out to the season ticket holders last year as thank you trinkets ARE grey with the standard orange helmet on the front. Test marketing for acceptance?  

Don't care for any retro Schidt. Don't care for the pastel colors. It's 2018....For the love of Phuck, fire this schidt up already.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:02 AM, The Cysko Kid said:

I don't know if you're trolling or dumb as sh!t sometimes. 

Let's put it this way: if you had the choice of wearing a three piece custom suit by Armani or homespun Amish clothes with the obvious seams all in the wrong place which would you feel more confident going out for the evening in?

First, tread lightly when insulting Ghoolie. Jcam222 has a crush on him, and gets very salty when you insult him. 

Back to the topic... Go to Google Images and type in "Cleveland Browns Concept Uniforms". You will see a ton of uniforms random people have come up with over the years for new Browns unis. 

Post a couple you like so we can kind of get an idea of what you would like to see...

On 5/28/2018 at 10:48 AM, jiggins7919 said:

As far as the uniforms are concerned, I'll never know how we screwed that up. Didn't we pay some company millions of dollars to "design" for us, only for us to basically wear white every week? That's so dumb (although I COULD be mistaken about hiring a design company, so don't quote me). Still, how difficult can designing new uniforms be?! You know what I've found? Many fans really like our orange uniforms! I'm not saying we wear them EVERY week, but lord...how about SOMETIMES. 

I read something last year that said Jimmah wasn't happy with the criticism of the "new" designs, so that's why they wore white last year just about every game. Uh, we're not the Dallas Cowboys, mix it up please. I don't like the Ratbirds and Steelers coming in here with their home unis on.

I agree on the orange tops, I think they look great. 

Personally, this so-called poll had us at #32. They didn't poll me, because IMHO the Dolphins, Jaguars, and Bills have the ugliest uniforms in the NFL, maybe in all of sports.

On 6/1/2018 at 11:04 AM, The Gipper said:

I have said the same thing about the whole "Dawg" persona.....that it applied only to the Dixon/Minniefield defense...not every one since then.

Well said.

I see nothing wrong with the Dawg Pound end zone however.  It's not a logo.  It's an end zone.

On a related note......I read today where the players will have to earn their helmet stripes this year.  I'm assuming there's guys wearing orange helmets with no stripes.

Archived