THE BROWNS BOARD

anyone own a 10mm semi auto?

Clevfan4life

Clevefan back to your original question if you want to fire a canon in your hand you need a substantial frame.

https://thegunzone.com/best-10mm-handguns/

And check out the relative sizes of the rounds,  the 10mm is a mean hombre.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'll certainly tell them about securing their food on ropes up in the trees.

yep - thank goodness back in 1969, we tied our food up in a sack in a tree - away from camp. We had a bear step on our tent in the middle of the night one night. It must have been a big bear - we heard the sniffing near my head that I thought of when I watched Jurassic Park...

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

yep - thank goodness back in 1969, we tied our food up in a sack in a tree - away from camp. We had a bear step on our tent in the middle of the night one night. It must have been a big bear - we heard the sniffing near my head that I thought of when I watched Jurassic Park...

Were you out hippying in a commune?

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Were you out hippying in a commune?

No, I thought I told that story before - we graduated from hs, and decided to go camping in the wilderness of central Ontario.

We weren't partiers - didn't drink, Fort Lauderdale wasn't our style...My best friend, his older brother, and it was awesome....his older brother had friends who got in a lot of trouble, got hurt...so we had the adventure of a lifetime. We were about ten miles north of the Mississauga River, at the end of of a 6 mile jeep trail/dirt road, and we camped across to the other side of Rocky Island Lake with my parent's 17 Grumman canoe. Amazing trip. We caught big n. pike in the eddies near the rapids...

lots of cool stories.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Clevefan back to your original question if you want to fire a canon in your hand you need a substantial frame.

https://thegunzone.com/best-10mm-handguns/

And check out the relative sizes of the rounds,  the 10mm is a mean hombre.

yeah ive already settled on the g40 but i have to find a place to shoot it first. or at least the g20 which should feel very similiar

While looking at other pistol comparisons I came across one of my favorite guys talking about the "3-screw" Ruger Blackhawk single action .357 mag. revolver. I have one of those I bought during that window he talks about ending in 1973 (got mine just after Vietnam in 1971). It is by far the most accurate handgun I have ever fired and seeing the video again makes me want to carry it again on my Colo. hikes. I used to carry it openly on hikes outside the National Park (they were very strict then, but now recognize any state LTC) because I always thought (before the days of bear spray) I'd rather be sited for carrying than be mauled by a mother black bear. I did run into a couple of forest service rangers over the years, but they were outdoors people like me and never said a word even though it was in a belt holster in plain site. I love the trigger on that thing. It's always a surprise when it goes off and that minimizes any flinching or leaning in. Like the guy in the video I'll never sell it. I plan to teach one of my grandsons to shoot it well when he's old enough and pass it on to him when I get too palsied to shoot it anymore.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Cal was talking handgun magazine capacity limits earlier. Texas has none but I came across this for Ohio (15 max)

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/analysis-ohios-magazine-capacity-limit

i thought i read somewhere that u could have a 50 rnd drum for ur AR u just cant put more than 30 rnds in it. when i get my land im def going to look into ohio ord's hcar with those 30rd clips 30.06. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

i thought i read somewhere that u could have a 50 rnd drum for ur AR u just cant put more than 30 rnds in it. when i get my land im def going to look into ohio ord's hcar with those 30rd clips 30.06. 

That appears to now be out of date, at least as of the law change in 2015. Sorry-did not see that date when I posted the first one.

http://truthvoice.com/2015/03/changes-to-ohio-gun-laws-take-effect-march-23/

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

oh so theres no more restrictions on capacity?

Sure doesn't seem to be. You might want to google the law itself to make sure, but that's the way I read the revision that took effect 3 years ago.

I'm thinking capacity could be illegal in some asinine liberal states/cities. So far, the original M&P compact, precursor to the very excellent 2.0, is close. Don't care for the lackluster grip texture, but it's barrel is a half inch shorter.

I want a cross between a compact and a subcompact. "sigh"

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sure doesn't seem to be. You might want to google the law itself to make sure, but that's the way I read the revision that took effect 3 years ago.

prior to 2015 it was 30 rnds...apparently that's been deleted and now there's no restrictions. I"ll have to verify that through multiple sources before i'd buy a drum mag tho

14 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I'm thinking capacity could be illegal in some asinine liberal states/cities. So far, the original M&P compact, precursor to the very excellent 2.0, is close. Don't care for the lackluster grip texture, but it's barrel is a half inch shorter.

You need a 007!!  🧐           Beretta Storm?    4' barrel, 10 round mag   in 9mm.

http://www.gunsplus.net/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/beretta-px4-storm-compact-g-model-semi-auto-pistol-9mm-4-barrel-10-rounds-fixed-sights-matte-black

Nice gun, a bit thick for ccw I think...don't like the rotating barrel - It works on recoil a bit, but a speck

of dirt or sand can jam it:

17 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You need a 007!!  🧐           Beretta Storm?    4' barrel, 10 round mag   in 9mm.

http://www.gunsplus.net/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/beretta-px4-storm-compact-g-model-semi-auto-pistol-9mm-4-barrel-10-rounds-fixed-sights-matte-black

Do they accept EBT cards for payment?

On 6/18/2018 at 11:23 PM, calfoxwc said:

Thought this article might be helpful to you Cal. I see they rated my Ruger in a tie for 2nd out of 21 evaluated for concealed carry.

https//:www.usacarry.com/top-21-concealed-carry-guns/   

EDIT: I can't get the article to link, but if you copy and paste it, it will be the second one that appears on your browser with google.

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Nice gun, a bit thick for ccw I think...don't like the rotating barrel - It works on recoil a bit, but a speck

of dirt or sand can jam it:

Oh god I remember when that gun first came out.......but I remember a lot of "new" stuff like how ugly the new plastic guns were, but Glock and others are fine weapons. 

Geeezzzzz I seriously need to upgrade some of my old stuff, but I still like revolvers!

Wants not needs. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Oh god I remember when that gun first came out.......but I remember a lot of "new" stuff like how ugly the new plastic guns were, but Glock and others are fine weapons. 

Geeezzzzz I seriously need to upgrade some of my old stuff, but I still like revolvers!

Wants not needs. :rolleyes:

I like revolvers also.  Don't have to worry about them jamming, and easy to maintain.

In checking the Texas state website I have found that I have been approved for the LTC (License To Carry) and am now awaiting completion of printing (it's just like a DL-a plastic card) before it's sent to me in the next couple of weeks. That allows me to carry concealed or open and has reciprocity throughout most reasonable states like Ohio, Pa. Colorado, Ok, NM,Fla. etc. But not Californicate, Wash, Ore.. Ill., NY, Conn. RI, Mass. etc. But at least I can travel to Colorado or Florida and never have to 'trunk" it.

59 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Hi-point now produces a .10mm semi auto pistol caliber carbine. Despite the bad reputation their pistols get their carbines are widely liked and well-reviewed. At an MSRP of $389 you're not going to find one cheaper 

Wow, $389 MSRP is almost cheap for any decent firearm. Almost in "Saturday night special" territory plus who really pays MSRP anyway.

I've done well with dealers or buying used over the years. 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I think I found my perfect ccw gun. A few dealers later...

I found the HK 9V SK...E

Very nice Cal! You gonna go with black, flat dark earth or OD Green? 

Of course it would cost you less to carry 2 Ruger LC9s's and have 5 more rounds total. LOL!🤩

But seriously that is one fine pistol!

And it looks like the mag extension would work well for you too.

Off topic to 10mm's...but seeing Cal's video that guy is in an awesome range. Reminded me of this dude on youtube running and gunning with the 17. I really need to learn how this dude has set up that thing  cause that 17 is tracking like a laser. I'm wondering if he's using low grain ammo plus has some stuff out at the end of the barrell that might be putting weight down there. I dunno...that offset reflex tho, never seen that before...

Archived