THE BROWNS BOARD

What’s Really Happening When Asylum-Seeking Families Are Separated?

jbluhm86

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The zero-tolerance policy really started with Jeff Sessions’s announcement in May. One could argue that this was the original policy that we started seeing in the executive orders. One was called “border security and immigration enforcement.” And a lot of the principles underlying zero tolerance are found here. The idea is that we’re going to prosecute people."

yes one could argue that's always been the policy. One could also argue that nobody gave a damn until there is a trump to hate. I might also doubt if these refugees are in Peril because of any kind of political dissonance but mostly people trying to get the hell out of a third-world shitthole. 

just all of a sudden the separating babies from families is a talking point that seems to have traction with the MSM.

besides just opening the borders what would you suggest?

WSS

40 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

"...one could argue that's always been the policy. One could also argue that nobody gave a damn until there is a trump to hate..."

I can agree with you on both counts.

The Trump administration is technically enforcing the law that is on the books. However, I think we can all agree that curbing illegal I'm migration is one thing; ripping young children and infants from their parents for months at a time is another. Also, from what I've read, the Obama administration suspended the practice of separating these children from their parents in 2014, while Trump restarted the practice just recently.

40 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

".. I might also doubt if these refugees are in Peril because of any kind of political dissonance but mostly people trying to get the hell out of a third-world shitthole..."

I wouldn't disagree, but, if you were in their shoes, wouldn't you be trying to do the same for you and your family?

41 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

"...just all of a sudden the separating babies from families is a talking point that seems to have traction with the MSM.

besides just opening the borders what would you suggest?

WSS

And that's on the MSM for not doing their job and reporting on it when it happened during Obama's tenure. But it doesn't negate the fact that what is going on down there is borderline inhumane. Separating children away from their parents like that is just wrong. I don't advocate an open border policy and I think that having a more effective immigration policy than we have now is ideal, but surely Congress can come up with one that doesn't destroy families like that.

41 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So your grudgingly agree with me on all counts but you're caveat is this:

"What would I do if I was living at a third-world shithole and thought that I could sneak into the United States illegally? And that one political party would support that action?"

What's the difference? It's like saying I'm broke so I should probably rob a bank or a liquor store or a Convenience Mart. Or I'm hungry and have no money so I should dine and dash . Or my mattress is uncomfortable I should break it at JB's house and sleep in his bed. Or my guitar doesn't play very well I should steal this guy's guitar. The list is endless.

Again if you want to break the law don't bring the kids.

WSS

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I also remember the Dems were loving this when Clinton was prez. . .

B723BF2A-BB85-4A7E-8DD6-A267D94CA788.jpeg

want that kid being taken back to their legal guardian? one of the parents back in cuba filed a grievance that the other parent took the child illegally and snuck into the u.s. its not quite the same kind of situation

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

want that kid being taken back to their legal guardian? one of the parents back in cuba filed a grievance that the other parent took the child illegally and snuck into the u.s. its not quite the same kind of situation

No.

The child was with his mother in a boat heading to the U.S. illegally.

Unfortunately, the mother drowned en route to Florida.

The boy was taken from his defiant great uncle, reunited with his father, and shipped back to Cuba.

then there is the intelligent caveat to the "poor little children" problem

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/21/30-of-border-children-have-gang-ties/

Nearly 30% of illegal immigrant children at border have ties to MS-13 or other gangs

MS-13 apprehensions at the border skyrocket - Click2Houston

May 23, 2018 - MS-13 gang members are being caught entering the United States illegally in ... but gang members are found crossing into the U.S. illegally every day. ... and it's not uncommon for a 18-year-old veteran MS-13 member to have killed 20 people. ..... Family mourns the death of Angleton couple, 5-year-old son ...

Two gang members in U.S. illegally are accused of kidnapping 3 girls ...

www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-texas-kidnap-killing-20170303-story.html

Mar 3, 2017 - Two MS-13 gang members from El Salvador, both in the United States illegally, held three teenage girls against their will and killed one of them ...

Related search
ms 13 allies

People keep parrotting "ripping children away" as if Stormtroopers are doing it at gunpoint. It's language designed specifically to outrage you. It's literally no different than what child protective services does every day to unfit parents that do bad $hit to their kids and make no mistake dragging your kid in a train car across Central America and Mexico where one of you is liable to be beheaded or skinned alive is bad $hit. 

I find it interesting in the internet age where people get the majority of their news from memes on Facebook, how few people realize how effectively they're being manipulated. You can see it when seven different people in your news feed yse the exact same language "children ripped away" when there's 100 ways to say a thing and you all settle on "ripped away" you, my friend, are being manipulated. Nothing more than a parrot that doesn't know it's in a cage doing tricks. 

21 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I find it interesting in the internet age where people get the majority of their news from memes on Facebook, how few people realize how effectively they're being manipulated. You can see it when seven different people in your news feed yse the exact same language "children ripped away" when there's 100 ways to say a thing and you all settle on "ripped away" you, my friend, are being manipulated. Nothing more than a parrot that doesn't know it's in a cage doing tricks. 

I'm sorry, were you talking to me? The guy that doesn't have a Facebook? I'm sorry you disagree with the language I choose and disagree with what I said. But to pivot that into "your just a sheep maaaan, manipulated by memes." Pssh

23 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I've seen very little outrage directed toward the actual evil people in this scenario and that would be the coyotes and human traffickers that bring train car loads of these destitute people across the deserts through Mexico and to the borders of the United States.

WSS

People that abuse animals are also bad. I don't think you've even taken the time to ever say that. Very little outrage directed at those awful people. 

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

People that abuse animals are also bad. I don't think you've even taken the time to ever say that. Very little outrage directed at those awful people. 

As expected the wood man deflects criticism away from the real bad guys. 

Who cares about human trafficking as long as you can whine about Trump separating children from their illegal families?

WSS

Archived