THE BROWNS BOARD

CEDAR POINT DAY - BROWNS PLAYER TO VISIT (article)

Dan in Florida

16iwpz4.gif

Monday June 8, 2009 12:14pm

Cleveland Browns QB Brady Quinn Being Celebrated

at Cedar Point This Weekend

Brady_Quinn.jpg

Former Notre Dame star and current Cleveland Browns quarterback Brady Quinn will be at Cedar Point on Sunday (June 14th). The Dublin, Ohio, native will hold a Q & A session for fans beginning at noon outside the Game Day Grille, located in the Blue Streak Courtyard. Afterward, Quinn will pose for pictures until 1:15 p.m. as part of "Brady Quinn Day".

link

I saw this earlier in my browsing, I'm actually thinking about going to this

browns2009.png

Why not...check it out then let us know how it goes. BTW, I like your diagram for the starting lineup in your signature.

Brady Quinn day at Cedar Point? Why?

Again I harp on this all the time, results are what matters, not potential.

I'm not joking, but Anderson deserves a day moreso then Brady does. Anderson does not deserve one, but out of the two, he has done more.

What has Quinn done to deserve anything yet?

Why do you celebrate a guy who has played in about 4 games?

What questions would you ask him?

"What was it like holding out?"

"Is the clip board heavy?

"Does your baseball cap pinch your head by the forth quarter?"

Some fanbase's require actual on the NFL field performance prior to earning their respect.

Quinn might be great someday. But as of today, he has been a 2nd string NFL QB that has played less than 10 quarters.

I'm not joking, but Anderson deserves a day moreso then Brady does. Anderson does not deserve one, but out of the two, he has done more.

You've missed the point entirely.

Cedar Point is a "for-profit" enterprise. If they thought "The Soldier" day would be a bigger draw than Quinn, it would have been you there. Has NOTHING to do with athletics and ONLY to do with draw-power.

Fundamental capitalism at work.

Here is short THE VIDEO of Brady Quinn at Cedar Point ...enjoying "Brady Quinn Day".

CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SANDUSKYREGISTER.COM SPORTS ARTICLE

Brady Quinn embraces past and future at Cedar Point

By MARK HAZELWOOD

Monday, June 15, 2009 6:32 AM EDT

SANDUSKY

It was fitting the roller coaster Cleveland Browns quarterback Brady Quinn chose to ride Sunday on his visit to Cedar Point amusement park was the Millennium Force.

Millennium Force remains one of the tallest, fastest, and longest steel roller coasters in the world, and features a tagline that reads "the future is riding on it."

Browns fans can relate, as Quinn has been tabbed the quarterback of the future for the struggling franchise since his surprising draft day acquisition in April 2007. However, much like the roller coaster he was on as part of 'Brady Quinn Day' at the park, Quinn's career since leaving the University of Notre Dame has had its share of ups and downs.

"It's been a little bit of a roller coaster, but that's life," Quinn said. "Those are things you have to learn to adjust to and so forth and I never had to wait before, so if anything I've learned a lot of patience and has taught me a lot of lessons over the past couple years when it comes to football."

Quinn's day started at noon with a Q&A with the guests outside the GameDay Grille between the Raptor and Blue Streak. Then he posed for pictures for about 45 minutes, and headed over to the beach near Hotel Breakers to observe a historical marker.

The forward pass in the game of football was invented 96 years ago by Knute Rockne, the legendary former coach of Quinn's alma mater, Notre Dame, on the shores of Cedar Point beach. There is a marker nearby describing the history, which impressed the former Irish QB who led the team to the Fiesta and Sugar Bowls in his final two seasons.

Quinn talked about his general Cedar Point experience.

"The first time I rode Millennium Force, it was a real stormy day," he said. "There was lightning and we were actually the last group to ride it before they shut it down for the day, which I'm thankful for. But that was an awesome experience and I'm kind of reliving it now."

Quinn seemed a bit overwhelmed at having his own 'day' at the park.

"I'm not sure what to say, but it's awesome," he said. "I wish I could ride the rides all day but I have to head out soon and get back to work."

Speaking of work, Quinn was asked about the relationship he has with fellow quarterback Derek Anderson, who he is expected to compete with in another preseason battle to earn the starting position for the 2009 season.

"It's the NFL, that's kind of how things work and people understand that coming into the league," he said. "There's always going to be competition and you have to get comfortable in that type of work environment."

With the start of training camp just more than six weeks away, Quinn knows there is little down time before embarking on the season under new head coach Eric Mangini.

"We're trying to get better in this off period before we report to camp. We try to work on individual things right now because we are in a situation where we can't really afford to look too far ahead. I'm in a competitive situation, so I have to take care of the fundamental things and technical things that I can to help myself once I get in there.

Coach Mangini is a great coach with good knowledge of the game, and he is definitely bringing us together right now. But all we can do right now is focus on the daily task at hand."

link

What has Quinn done to deserve anything yet?

Why do you celebrate a guy who has played in about 4 games?

What questions would you ask him?

"What was it like holding out?"

"Is the clip board heavy?

"Does your baseball cap pinch your head by the forth quarter?"

Some fanbase's require actual on the NFL field performance prior to earning their respect.

Quinn might be great someday. But as of today, he has been a 2nd string NFL QB that has played less than 10 quarters.

The words of a true fan....

he fought a lot as an Irishman though and the article DiF posted seems to point to that legacy.

i didn't realize there was a connection between Cedar Point Beach and Rockne/Notre Dame until i read that--the motivation makes more sense now. that and the capitalistic side, as Greythan pointed out.

Im a big BQ fan but having a BQ day at cedar point when he is still unproven is going a little to far but hey...Ceder Point will have a huge turnout..could they say the same if it were a DA day instead? lol ;)

I don't think this was really an "Honor BQ Day", I think it was more of a "lets get the fans out to meet the starting QB, thing".

Im a big BQ fan but having a BQ day at cedar point when he is still unproven is going a little to far but hey...Ceder Point will have a huge turnout..could they say the same if it were a DA day instead? lol ;)

I can't find where Cedar Point has even had a Lebron James day. Now there's someone who's proven himself as a Pro.

JUST IN: Browns kicker Dawson to visit Cedar Point

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 1:04 PM EDT

49408-16937.jpg

SANDUSKY

Cedar Point is hoping football fans will get a “kick” out of the amusement park’s latest celebrity guest.

Cleveland Browns placekicker Phil Dawson will meet guests and sign autographs from noon to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday near the Raptor roller coaster.

Dawson has been with the team since 1999. He owns the team record for most consecutive field goals made (27) and most field goals made in a game (6). He was also named to the second team of the Associated Press All-NFL roster in 2007.

link

JUST IN: Browns kicker Dawson to visit Cedar Point

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 1:04 PM EDT

49408-16937.jpg

SANDUSKY

Cedar Point is hoping football fans will get a “kick” out of the amusement park’s latest celebrity guest.

Cleveland Browns placekicker Phil Dawson will meet guests and sign autographs from noon to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday near the Raptor roller coaster.

Dawson has been with the team since 1999. He owns the team record for most consecutive field goals made (27) and most field goals made in a game (6). He was also named to the second team of the Associated Press All-NFL roster in 2007.

link

craaaaap! i missed this.

i really woulda liked a pic w/ 'ol B.H.

anybody go?

Archived