THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Will Be In The Playoffs This Year

Zombo

I agree with Zombo.  I think we go to the playoffs as well.  I think we are going to totally kill the Steelers in the opener and it will snowball from there.

Until it doesn't work out that way, that is what I am going to think.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

I agree with Zombo.  I think we go to the playoffs as well.  I think we are going to totally kill the Steelers in the opener and it will snowball from there.

I just hope that they are competitive all the way around, and I think they will be.  And I hope that the luck they have had in the past...where every bad break went against them will turn around.

Talentwise, I think they are as good or better than any team in the division.....but this talent must learn to play and learn to win.   This team has learned how to lose, so now lets see if they can turn the page.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Can't blame you the last couple of years.🤮

I've actually been a Browns Backer Chapter President since 2010, so I've been hosting a party every Sunday and drunk-posting after a loss every Sunday Night.

Z

Gave up the gig this year, but probably still won't be online during games

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

I've actually been a Browns Backer Chapter President since 2010, so I've been hosting a party every Sunday and drunk-posting after a loss every Sunday Night.

Z

For us transplants, It's the best damn place to be on gameday. Hope ya continue to visit. If ya ever hit the Raleigh,NC area? (Josh Gordon has been banned from the area🤫) Check out the link, pics & Come visit. Great peeps with some great Browns Fans  https://www.facebook.com/pg/carybrownsbackers/photos/?ref=page_internal  EDit-Been avoiding this topic title like the mailman walking up on Cujo guarding the front porch..Get to 2-1 coming off Jets win in week 3 and anything is possible..  

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

I agree.  I go up to Cleveland to watch maybe 6 home games a season and the others at a bar with like minded friends.   When watching games, i don't finger around with my phone or geek around on a computer...I save that for when i get home

15 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Innocent until proven guilty eh?

On paper we have more pieces in place than we've had in a long time.  But I can't help but be afraid that that piece of paper's best use might be to make an airplane out of it.  

Everybody's gushing over TieRod....but teams want nothing more than to replace him.  Why?  Gotta be a reason.  We KNOW that he doesn't throw receivers open.......but then, that keeps the INT's down.  And our OL has major question marks at the two tackle positions.

I'm certainly more optimistic this year than the last SEVERAL.  But.....it's Haslam's Browns.....and it's just so darned hard to have faith.  -  As a pessimist,  one is less likely to be deeply disappointed.  

15 hours ago, Zombo said:

Shmuck you, Dickhead, don't jump on the train now.

Zombo

Hey Pussy boy, I AM THE TRAIN.  They'll fukcing win when I SAY. If I am on board, THEN it means something. You? You are a jackoff. You wouldn't know a good football team even if someone say your homo asss in Pittsburgh to watch the Steelers.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

On paper we have more pieces in place than we've had in a long time.  But I can't help but be afraid that that piece of paper's best use might be to make an airplane out of it.  

Everybody's gushing over TieRod....but teams want nothing more than to replace him.  Why?  Gotta be a reason.  We KNOW that he doesn't throw receivers open.......but then, that keeps the INT's down.  And our OL has major question marks at the two tackle positions.

I'm certainly more optimistic this year than the last SEVERAL.  But.....it's Haslam's Browns.....and it's just so darned hard to have faith.  -  As a pessimist,  one is less likely to be deeply disappointed.  

As I said before, this is my final roll with this assahole franchise so I am going to pull like a homer. Here is the deal, regardless of talent level the Browns lack discipline, toughness and the ability to execute and make plays when they are really needed. Hue Jackson should have fixed those things by now. It is a large concern and if he is not able to fix those things, we will have another horrible season.

This business of, " we look better on paper" is a facade. We aren't better, we just have new faces. At the end of the day, the Browns have a lack of playmakers, and AGAIN in the draft purposely did not participate in taking the top playmakers. Barkley was the proper pick at #1, and then one of the remaining QBs at #4. Mayfield would have still been there.

We are going to know very early in the season what kind of a team this will be. It could be ugly again.

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Hey Pussy boy, I AM THE TRAIN.  They'll fukcing win when I SAY. If I am on board, THEN it means something. You? You are a jackoff. You wouldn't know a good football team even if someone say your homo asss in Pittsburgh to watch the Steelers.

Just a jackoff hedging his bet because he sees some talent.

You bashed on Browns fans when they were down and I'll never let you off the hook.

Forever my Bitch.

Z

the glaring weaknesses of the Browns, and they still were in several games....,

are gone. Secondary, qb, wr - freaking FIXED.

first game of the season -

Lost to the squealers by 3 pts. 21-18.

Lost to the Colts by 3 pts. 28-31
Lost to the Jets by 3 pts. 14-17
Lost to the Titans by 3 pts. 9-12
Lost to the Chargers by 9 pts. 19-10
Lost to the Packers by 6 pts. 21-27
Lost to the squealers by 4 pts. 24-28

It isn't like they were getting blown out 48-3 every week.The weaknesses have been turned into strengths. Expect several wins.

I think playoffs will happen - this team has stuff to prove in wins, and they won't have the weaknesses to kill their season, and they have the serious moxie to turn it around.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

It isn't like they were getting blown out 48-3 every week.The weaknesses have been turned into strengths. Expect several wins.

I think playoffs will happen - this team has stuff to prove in wins, and they won't have the weaknesses to kill their season, and they have the serious moxie to turn it around.

Some excellent points.   Look at some of the offensive positioning compared to last year:

QB:  Taylor, Mayfield, Stanton.....vs. Kizer, Kessler, Hogan.    Advantage?

RB:  Crowell, Johnson, Dayes   vs.   Hyde, Chubb, Johnson   Advantage?

WR:  Britt,  Higgins, Coates, Louis  (Gordon and Coleman injured/out mostly)   vs.  Gordon, Coleman, Landry, Calloway, Janis (plus still have Higgins and Louis...for now)  Advantage?

TE:  Telfer,  DeValve, Njoku   vs.   Njoku, Fells, Devalve.  Advantage?

Offensive line not changed much...except we have Hubbard and Robinson/Coleman  trying to take over tackle spots from JT

Not to mention upgrades on defense, particulary in the DB.....and hopefully with healthy  Garrett, Ogbah, Collins.

(But you know the Browns luck....someone always goes down....but I think we may have greater depth now on the D.)

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

No team in the NFL was worse against the spread than the Browns the last two seasons.

That means that as bad as 1-31 was, they actually performed worse than people (Vegas) expected. 

48 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

No team in the NFL was worse against the spread than the Browns the last two seasons.

That means that as bad as 1-31 was, they actually performed worse than people (Vegas) expected. 

Yes and oddsmakers don't like to be that wrong, will be interesting to see how they size up the BROWNS early on.

The BROWNS also choked away a few games in 2016, QB injuries and more did them in.

18 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

As I said before, this is my final roll with this assahole franchise

Oh Pulllease.    You're either a Browns fan or you're not.  Figure it out NOW.  

You don't get to say, "I'll be a fan if they win."  Nope, that's not how being a 'true' fan works.  And that's what we are on these message boards.  True fans.  That's the one thing we all have in common.  We may not agree on stuff ABOUT the team....but we're all fans OF the team.  

I didn't say I wouldn't be a fan. What I was talking about is how much time and involvement I will feel compelled to invest. I am moving to Vegas man. I am launching a new technology and start-up, and I am about to put a little 3 or 4 piece together and play up and down the strip. The Raiders stadium in full view from my swimming pool? Who needs fanship? things change man, priorities change. It isn't a matter of being a fan. It is a matter of feeling energized. It is a matter of having other, fun things to do. 

18 hours ago, Zombo said:

Just a jackoff hedging his bet because he sees some talent.

You bashed on Browns fans when they were down and I'll never let you off the hook.

Forever my Bitch.

Z

Dude, your hook has a rounded edge.  

On 6/21/2018 at 11:33 PM, Orion said:

I have never been one to expect less and you won't feel as bad if you don't reach your goal.  I have always had high expectations in everything i do....so that carries over to what i expect of the Browns.  I also think this more than innocent until proven guilty.  This team is mad and hungry.  We should have won 4-5 games last year.   We are going to get those and another 4-5 games on top of that.  No doubt players are going to have to play.  We can't lose a bunch of guys to injury.  We can't have the coach making stupid decisions.  If we mostly get that, I see no reason why we don't have a legit shot at the division or wildcard slot.

I don't want to be a wet blanket, especially since the season is 2.5 months away and it is kind of fun seeing people being optimistic, but looking at the schedule, where are you guys seeing 9 or 10 potential wins?

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I don't want to be a wet blanket, especially since the season is 2.5 months away and it is kind of fun seeing people being optimistic, but looking at the schedule, where are you guys seeing 9 or 10 potential wins?

I don't put my blinkers on until August. 🙈

220px-Horses_2.jpg

Blinkers, sometimes known as blinders, are a piece of horse tack that prevent the horse seeing to the rear and, in some cases, to the side.[1]

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I never predict records due to so many variables such as strength of schedule, injuries, etc. What I WILL predict, based on roster improvement (most notably PLAYMAKERS), a dedicated & successful OC, plus an already obvious change in attitude within the entire Browns' organization, is a much more competitive & entertaining Team.

We'll definitely be considered underdogs in most (if not all) games this year, but if team chemistry & "learning how to win" develop early on, we'll surprise some folks this year & grow on that. I'm looking forward to some good things this year & beyond.

Mike

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I didn't say I wouldn't be a fan. What I was talking about is how much time and involvement I will feel compelled to invest. I am moving to Vegas man. I am launching a new technology and start-up, and I am about to put a little 3 or 4 piece together and play up and down the strip. The Raiders stadium in full view from my swimming pool? Who needs fanship? things change man, priorities change. It isn't a matter of being a fan. It is a matter of feeling energized. It is a matter of having other, fun things to do. 

Why wait....just FRAK off now.

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

It is a matter of having other, fun things to do. 

THAT, I can understand.  Even if it's just yard work instead of wasting an afternoon watching a blundering team week in and week out.

5 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I have always had high expectations in everything i do....so that carries over to what i expect of the Browns. 

It's just that I've seen people get so psyched about our team only to watch reality happen (which was highly predictable) and then they're upset and turn 180 degrees in the other direction.   I've learned, for me, to set lower expectations (of the Browns) and hope that they exceed them.  

....and get yourself a nice avatar will ya....  (have a good day)

Image result for gavel pictures

On 6/23/2018 at 1:45 PM, Kvoethe said:

We make the playoffs and Im sending sashi a basket of sushi for making it possible.

He deserves some credit for the turn around

Why is that?  For giving us a QB room of Kizer, Kessler & Hogan?  For giving the Eagles Wentz and the Texans Watson?  For letting some of our descent veterans walk?  For taking a team that could at least win a few games to a team that couldn't win any?

Obviously, Sashi was a dope.

On 6/23/2018 at 10:33 AM, Orion said:

THAT, I can understand.  Even if it's just yard work instead of wasting an afternoon watching a blundering team week in and week out.

Bro,  here is a little more from my viewpoint. I grew up, as did many of us did, loving the Browns. I am an Ohioan and no amount of losing will ever erase what I shared, what I experienced. I am as emotionally tied to this team as anyone. My Mom Died on October 10, and strangely, the house I grew up in was raised to the ground the very same day. So many Fridays, turning the antenna immediately upon getting home from school to see if Channel 8 was coming in...........Ghoulardi.................. On Sunday, we did the same thing, to get the Browns.

My parents are gone, and I am more tied to those memories than ever.

That said, I am 63. I am starting a new corporation, hoping to move to Las Vegas and hopefully once again put a band together, this time playing Vegas. This is not a matter of not being a Browns fan, it is a simple matter of putting things in perspective. What was, is no more. One can stomp one's feet all they want, but this is not the team of Paul and Jim Brown. It is not even the team of Bernie Kosar. So, the team gets no more emotion from me for what was.

That leaves, what is. What is, is not much. Buddy, be honest, if it wasn't for "what once was", would you really love this team? If so, that's cool, but why? 

I advocated for the new team having a new name. Forcing the new team to win it's own loyalty. Instead, they milked what was.

I am not motivated to antagonize, or otherwise rile up the board. Frankly, I just don't care for this franchise to be Ghoolie any longer. Honestly? If the team goes 11-5 and gets into the playoffs, I don't think at this point it makes a difference to me. I am here because of buddies and to occasionally get a whiff of what once was. I hope the team wins. FOr my pals, I hope the team wins. For me, it doesn't matter that much. 

At the end of the day? I think this may be the biggest heartbreak yet. 2019, that is. My honest belief is that the Browns are the worst team in the NFL because they have continuously refused to acquire the top playmakers. I believe the winning draft would have been Barkley at#1 and one of the big QBs who would remain at #4. IMHO the last two drafts may be the biggest blunders since Warfield for Phipps.

We will see.

Archived