THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Will Be In The Playoffs This Year

Zombo

On 6/23/2018 at 10:24 AM, The Gipper said:

Why wait....just FRAK off now.

Dude, you need a serious dose of grow the fukc up. WTF man, you think being a football fan is something noble in life? You are like a fukcing child

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I am an Ohioan

I'm not.  Never was, most probably never will be.  Couldn't care less about the Cavs or the Indians.  I'm a Browns fan.  Always was, always will be.  (I'm 62.5)

On 6/22/2018 at 1:05 AM, Ghoolie said:

this is my final roll with this assahole franchise

What's the date of your final dinner? Will you troll us forever like a waitress on her first shift who returns to the table every 40 seconds to ask if we've decided on appetizers yet?

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Dude, you need a serious dose of grow the fukc up. WTF man, you think being a football fan is something noble in life? You are like a fukcing child

Actually, yes, I DO think being a football fan IS something noble.  Or can be.  Yes.  Certainly showing loyalty is in fact noble.  That loyalty can be to a team, to a friend, to a nation, to a school,  to a cause. Absolutely it is noble.  Particularly if that subject of one's loyalty is downtrodden (as certainly the Browns and their loyal fans are)  So, if you think nobility counts as childish....count me as childish.

And deep down, I believe you would agree with that.

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Bro,  here is a little more from my viewpoint. I grew up, as did many of us did, loving the Browns. I am an Ohioan and no amount of losing will ever erase what I shared, what I experienced. I am as emotionally tied to this team as anyone. My Mom Died on October 10, and strangely, the house I grew up in was raised to the ground the very same day. So many Fridays, turning the antenna immediately upon getting home from school to see if Channel 8 was coming in...........Ghoulardi.................. On Sunday, we did the same thing, to get the Browns.

My parents are gone, and I am more tied to those memories than ever.

That said, I am 63. I am starting a new corporation, hoping to move to Las Vegas and hopefully once again put a band together, this time playing Vegas. This is not a matter of not being a Browns fan, it is a simple matter of putting things in perspective. What was, is no more. One can stomp one's feet all they want, but this is not the team of Paul and Jim Brown. It is not even the team of Bernie Kosar. So, the team gets no more emotion from me for what was.

That leaves, what is. What is, is not much. Buddy, be honest, if it wasn't for "what once was", would you really love this team? If so, that's cool, but why? 

I advocated for the new team having a new name. Forcing the new team to win it's own loyalty. Instead, they milked what was.

I am not motivated to antagonize, or otherwise rile up the board. Frankly, I just don't care for this franchise to be Ghoolie any longer. Honestly? If the team goes 11-5 and gets into the playoffs, I don't think at this point it makes a difference to me. I am here because of buddies and to occasionally get a whiff of what once was. I hope the team wins. FOr my pals, I hope the team wins. For me, it doesn't matter that much. 

At the end of the day? I think this may be the biggest heartbreak yet. 2019, that is. My honest belief is that the Browns are the worst team in the NFL because they have continuously refused to acquire the top playmakers. I believe the winning draft would have been Barkley at#1 and one of the big QBs who would remain at #4. IMHO the last two drafts may be the biggest blunders since Warfield for Phipps.

We will see.

Mostly agree Tom, with some exceptions. Yeah maybe my Browns fandom is based on those glory years in the '60s. Why I'm not much of a baseball fan. Besides being monumentally boring, the Indians were monumentally terrible in the same time frame, as bad as the post '99 Browns. They're winning now? Great.

Regarding changing the name, if that had happened, probably would have walked away. It was our name and colors. Fought like hell for it, first time a city pulled that off. 

Regarding Barkley and the QBs? Time will tell. I don't really care if Saquon wins ROY. I said it a bunch of times, a great RB isn't necessarily the ticket to the Super Bowl. Chubb will be at least decent, I hope. Mayfield and Darnold wouldn't have been there at #4, leaving us to pick between a already twice concussed Rosen, and an inaccurate Allen. BTW, the reports on CB Ward are very positive, last year we had no one who could cover guys like Antonio Brown.

Larry,

here is the thing with Barkley. You generally have taken the position,, especially when we have passed on a playmaker, of " well, he didn't get them to a super bowl". So, being fair and using YOUR rule of measure I can flip it back on you,  adding a HOF LT didn't do jack schidt for the Browns................by YOUR meausure, I can say to you that adding Myles Garret and Corey Coleman not only didn't help the Browns, but they were responsible for making the team worse.

SLice it any way you want, but Mitch Trubisky made more plays that resulted in TOuchdowns and wins than BOTH Garrett and Coleman did. Remember bro, YOU are the one who is doing this bullschidt, not me.

This is a pathology of yours, Larry. Each year, you recognize that I am right and that the Browns passed on playmakers. But then, to cover for the Browns red butt you lay out these BS euphemisms of..............." well those draft picks didn't get their team to the SB. Dude, drafting isn't about the SB, it is about IMPROVING YOUR TEAM..........it is about giving the HC touchdowns, big plays, threats, pressure to impale the other team. It is about giving the HC tools to get to the SB.

You simply don't pass on a Trubisky for a Zumba instructor. You don't pass on Barkley to take Mayfield. You don't pass on special players, you don't pass on playmakers. The Browns are in the schidthole they are in for one reason and one reason only............they have no playmakers. That is it.............. 100% in a nutshell. Nobody on this team is capable of being a hero.... and you know I am right Larry............week after week after week...................no hero.................. no big play................no highlight film maker. NADA................

Every year, you guys come him here, call me negative, call me blind because I can't see the OBVIOUS improvements. But then at the end of the year, you scratch your collective assses wondering what went wrong. THen you do a retro look. You point out how the guys you thought were stellar just were not, and we got hoodwinked.

Buddy, I swear to you, I hope I am wrong. I am not going to come in here and rail on this, but I honestly don't see that 2018 shapes up to be any different than the 2017 team. Maybe we win 4, who knows? But I don't see that this team is going to threaten anyone. Still no weapons.....used, has been...."last-gasp for a paycheck type players".

I see Tyrod having to do too much and going the route of RG3. He'll likely get hurt quick. Then you get a clamoring for Baker.............IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY.... again.

The issue was never will Barkley get us to the SB. The issue was..........he offeres more first downs and touchdowns than anyone we have had in 20 years............and we passed on him. Not smart.

adding Zumba and butter fingers DID? YOu like ultimate euphemisms, so let me give you one.............there is no playoff team who has purposely, and continuously refused and rejected to acquire the top play makers. That's been the Browns philoso[phy, and again in 2018 they continued.

Ward is not a game changer and he will not effectively cover Antonio Brown, not unless the Browns can keep the defense off the field and pressure the QB. Zumba is not a game changer, and frankly I believe he is biding his time to get out of Cleveland. 

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Actually, yes, I DO think being a football fan IS something noble.  Or can be.  Yes.  Certainly showing loyalty is in fact noble.  That loyalty can be to a team, to a friend, to a nation, to a school,  to a cause. Absolutely it is noble.  Particularly if that subject of one's loyalty is downtrodden (as certainly the Browns and their loyal fans are)  So, if you think nobility counts as childish....count me as childish.

And deep down, I believe you would agree with that.

fukcing most idiotic thing I have ever read on this board. I imagine you also have a power rangers outfit. Football is fodder. It is a hobby, a diversion. There is no value, no nobility, no real-world honor to being a sports team fan. Fan....from FANATIC. To discount another human being because of what? He likes the Steelers? Absolutely moronic.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

frankly I believe he is biding his time to get out of Cleveland. 

...sadly, I believe that too.  Garrett says the right things...but I think he'll hit the high road asap.

My name isn't Larry, so you weren't talking to me...but...I'll say anyway, that I don't think the RB position is as important as you're making it out to be.  Barkley may be a really good RB...but he's just a RB.  He's not going to be protecting the QB's blind side (like JT) and he's not a QB.  We won zero games last year because we couldn't throw a TD pass.  Not because we had Duke & Crow as RB's.   

I'm not saying that I wouldn't have liked to HAVE Barkley....but I'm happy with Chub to help man the position.  Of course, I could be wrong.....but we'll find that out.

The only reason that anyone can say that Joe Thomas, a first ballot HOF'er, was a wasted pick is because we never got him anyone worth protecting.  HE, Joe Thomas ,was not a bad pick.  He went to the pro bowl every year...and he played on HORRID teams every year.  Do you know how hard it is to get to a pro bowl when you play on a crap team?  Yet HE did it.  He wasn't a bad pick....everyone ELSE was.  We wasted HIM.  Drafting Jerry Rice would be a wasted pick if you gave him Kessler and Hogan.  Barkley would be a waste with no other talent on the team.

I agree with picking the QB that you think is/was best...and worry about the other positions later.  Is it possible that Mayfield will stink?  Absolutely.  But I'm hoping that Dorsey's evaluation is correct and that we got the best QB in the draft.....because that's what we really needed.

16 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

What's the date of your final dinner? Will you troll us forever like a waitress on her first shift who returns to the table every 40 seconds to ask if we've decided on appetizers yet?

No, but I will return to give your mother her dentures back after I remove them from my punyak. By the way, even IF I wanted to return, surely you are not that dumb not to know that the Browns are not long for Cleveland.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

...sadly, I believe that too.  Garrett says the right things...but I think he'll hit the high road asap.

My name isn't Larry, so you weren't talking to me...but...I'll say anyway, that I don't think the RB position is as important as you're making it out to be.  Barkley may be a really good RB...but he's just a RB.  He's not going to be protecting the QB's blind side (like JT) and he's not a QB.  We won zero games last year because we couldn't throw a TD pass.  Not because we had Duke & Crow as RB's.   

I'm not saying that I wouldn't have liked to HAVE Barkley....but I'm happy with Chub to help man the position.  Of course, I could be wrong.....but we'll find that out.

The only reason that anyone can say that Joe Thomas, a first ballot HOF'er, was a wasted pick is because we never got him anyone worth protecting.  HE, Joe Thomas ,was not a bad pick.  He went to the pro bowl every year...and he played on HORRID teams every year.  Do you know how hard it is to get to a pro bowl when you play on a crap team?  Yet HE did it.  He wasn't a bad pick....everyone ELSE was.  We wasted HIM.  Drafting Jerry Rice would be a wasted pick if you gave him Kessler and Hogan.  Barkley would be a waste with no other talent on the team.

I agree with picking the QB that you think is/was best...and worry about the other positions later.  Is it possible that Mayfield will stink?  Absolutely.  But I'm hoping that Dorsey's evaluation is correct and that we got the best QB in the draft.....because that's what we really needed.

Barkley was the best impact player in the draft. We made a mistake, ANOTHER huge mistake.

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

fukcing most idiotic thing I have ever read on this board. I imagine you also have a power rangers outfit. Football is fodder. It is a hobby, a diversion. There is no value, no nobility, no real-world honor to being a sports team fan. Fan....from FANATIC. To discount another human being because of what? He likes the Steelers? Absolutely moronic.

This just shows your apparent complete lack of character....and loyalty.   I am sure that this kind of lack of character must leak into other aspects of your life.   GOD forbid that anyone would ever have to be in a foxhole with you.  You seem likely to shoot them in the back and then run over to the enemy's side. 

And, no, I don't discount someone who likes the Steelers....if that person is a born and bred Steeler fan from Western PA.  Not at all.  True Steeler fans showed their loyalty through many years of losing.  It is the FRAKS that glom onto that team...or any other, just because they are winning that I discount.

Barkley was the best impact player in the draft. We made a mistake, ANOTHER huge mistake.

A QB will be the best impact player in the draft.  It may be the one we took...it may be one of the others, but it will be a QB.

17 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Larry,

here is the thing with Barkley. You generally have taken the position,, especially when we have passed on a playmaker, of " well, he didn't get them to a super bowl". So, being fair and using YOUR rule of measure I can flip it back on you,  adding a HOF LT didn't do jack schidt for the Browns................by YOUR meausure, I can say to you that adding Myles Garret and Corey Coleman not only didn't help the Browns, but they were responsible for making the team worse.

SLice it any way you want, but Mitch Trubisky made more plays that resulted in TOuchdowns and wins than BOTH Garrett and Coleman did. Remember bro, YOU are the one who is doing this bullschidt, not me.

This is a pathology of yours, Larry. Each year, you recognize that I am right and that the Browns passed on playmakers. But then, to cover for the Browns red butt you lay out these BS euphemisms of..............." well those draft picks didn't get their team to the SB. Dude, drafting isn't about the SB, it is about IMPROVING YOUR TEAM..........it is about giving the HC touchdowns, big plays, threats, pressure to impale the other team. It is about giving the HC tools to get to the SB.

You simply don't pass on a Trubisky for a Zumba instructor. You don't pass on Barkley to take Mayfield. You don't pass on special players, you don't pass on playmakers. The Browns are in the schidthole they are in for one reason and one reason only............they have no playmakers. That is it.............. 100% in a nutshell. Nobody on this team is capable of being a hero.... and you know I am right Larry............week after week after week...................no hero.................. no big play................no highlight film maker. NADA................

Every year, you guys come him here, call me negative, call me blind because I can't see the OBVIOUS improvements. But then at the end of the year, you scratch your collective assses wondering what went wrong. THen you do a retro look. You point out how the guys you thought were stellar just were not, and we got hoodwinked.

Buddy, I swear to you, I hope I am wrong. I am not going to come in here and rail on this, but I honestly don't see that 2018 shapes up to be any different than the 2017 team. Maybe we win 4, who knows? But I don't see that this team is going to threaten anyone. Still no weapons.....used, has been...."last-gasp for a paycheck type players".

I see Tyrod having to do too much and going the route of RG3. He'll likely get hurt quick. Then you get a clamoring for Baker.............IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY.... again.

The issue was never will Barkley get us to the SB. The issue was..........he offeres more first downs and touchdowns than anyone we have had in 20 years............and we passed on him. Not smart.

adding Zumba and butter fingers DID? YOu like ultimate euphemisms, so let me give you one.............there is no playoff team who has purposely, and continuously refused and rejected to acquire the top play makers. That's been the Browns philoso[phy, and again in 2018 they continued.

Ward is not a game changer and he will not effectively cover Antonio Brown, not unless the Browns can keep the defense off the field and pressure the QB. Zumba is not a game changer, and frankly I believe he is biding his time to get out of Cleveland. 

Never wanted the trade down that netted us Coleman Tom.   In case you forgot, I wanted Carson Wentz. Talk about passing on talent- besides that- we could have had Joey Bosa or Zeke Elliot to add insult to injury. 

Jury is out on Garrett- let's see what he can do if he's 100% healthy this year (he was playing on one leg last year), and add in a healthy Ogbah. Pass on talent? Everyone and his uncle, and grandmother (except you) had Myles as the consensus #1 overall pick last year. Don't forget me and Gip wanted Trubisky, but we never thought the Bears were going to take him that high. 

I'm not saying Barkley wouldn't improve the team- he would, but MHO is he's over rated. To the point if Chubb turns out 90% as good, it was a smart move. To show you how important Running backs are in the big scheme of things, name me three running backs Brady has had in all those Patriot Super Bowl appearances.  I'll bet you can't- because I can only think of two. If OL are dime a dozen so are RBs.  Take Barkley #1 overall? When a guy like Arian Foster- an undrafted free agent- led the league in rushing and had a decent career? Forget currently the best running back in the NFL, Le'veon Bell got drafted in the second round?  Get out of here with that Barkley crap, or you telling me Saquon is going to be better than Bell? He freaking better be able to walk on water.  

It's the QB Tom, we finally swung for the fences after 20 years, and if we strike out this time, that's the breaks. Otto Graham retired in 1955, Kosar's been gone for over 25 years, and it's about time we got another great qb. 

We had the pick of the litter at QB, and MHO is the Browns made the right pick. I'm sick and tired of going the factory second (or third, or fourth) best option at QB. I told everyone MHO was Kizer was going to suck, and he was stinko at Notre Dame. How you like that prediction? Baker turns into the next Drew Brees (as I think he will) you're going to forget all about Saquon, when he's struggling on a Giants team with a washed up Eli Manning. 

17 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

No, but I will return to give your mother her dentures back after I remove them from my punyak. 

We speak English 'round these parts...

If you mean "vagina", then just write "vagina". 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

We speak English 'round these parts... 

Schoolie reminds me of my long lost Uncle's Jim & Jack (Bitch'in & Moaning)that have both pasted recently. They were my dads(living) brothers that both gave up there season tickets when Art decided to chit on both them.(the move) My Dad(88) still breaks out into this Prince giggle which he would use against them all the time..Just add Diva's instead of doves..(works great for those annoying chicks at work)  

Maybe he just like his Mother.He's never satisfied. why do he scream at each other? Cuz this is what it sounds like when Diva' shoolie whines..   

16 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Schoolie reminds me of my long lost Uncle's Jim & Jack (Bitch'in & Moaning)that have both pasted recently. They were my dads(living) brothers that both gave up there season tickets when Art decided to chit on both them.(the move) My Dad(88) still breaks out into this Prince giggle which he would use against them all the time..Just add Diva's instead of doves..(works great for those annoying chicks at work)  

Maybe he just like his Mother.He's never satisfied. why do he scream at each other? Cuz this is what it sounds like when Diva' shoolie whines..   

You know that there is no bass in this song. 

On 6/27/2018 at 2:13 PM, hoorta said:

Never wanted the trade down that netted us Coleman Tom.   In case you forgot, I wanted Carson Wentz. Talk about passing on talent- besides that- we could have had Joey Bosa or Zeke Elliot to add insult to injury. 

Jury is out on Garrett- let's see what he can do if he's 100% healthy this year (he was playing on one leg last year), and add in a healthy Ogbah. Pass on talent? Everyone and his uncle, and grandmother (except you) had Myles as the consensus #1 overall pick last year. Don't forget me and Gip wanted Trubisky, but we never thought the Bears were going to take him that high. 

I'm not saying Barkley wouldn't improve the team- he would, but MHO is he's over rated. To the point if Chubb turns out 90% as good, it was a smart move. To show you how important Running backs are in the big scheme of things, name me three running backs Brady has had in all those Patriot Super Bowl appearances.  I'll bet you can't- because I can only think of two. If OL are dime a dozen so are RBs.  Take Barkley #1 overall? When a guy like Arian Foster- an undrafted free agent- led the league in rushing and had a decent career? Forget currently the best running back in the NFL, Le'veon Bell got drafted in the second round?  Get out of here with that Barkley crap, or you telling me Saquon is going to be better than Bell? He freaking better be able to walk on water.  

It's the QB Tom, we finally swung for the fences after 20 years, and if we strike out this time, that's the breaks. Otto Graham retired in 1955, Kosar's been gone for over 25 years, and it's about time we got another great qb. 

We had the pick of the litter at QB, and MHO is the Browns made the right pick. I'm sick and tired of going the factory second (or third, or fourth) best option at QB. I told everyone MHO was Kizer was going to suck, and he was stinko at Notre Dame. How you like that prediction? Baker turns into the next Drew Brees (as I think he will) you're going to forget all about Saquon, when he's struggling on a Giants team with a washed up Eli Manning. 

Larry, 2 things. I was sitting at Buffalo Wild Wings when the idiot Browns threw away another #1 on Garrett. As soon as they did...........I loudly proclaimed.... Trubisky is next, even BEFORE the Bears moved on him.

Barkley is the best player in the draft. We blew it. Garrett WAS NOT the consensus pick. He was the CON CLEVELAND INTO DOING SOMETHIGN STUPID PICK. 

You keep saying Garrett was playing on a bad foot. Says who? And if that was true, how do you know he isn' still fukcked up? Garrett is a homosexual. He is biding his time to be raded. The guy NEVER wanted to play in Cleveland, and he still doesn't. How TF do you draft schidt like this..???

Dude, we DID NOT SWING FOR THE BLEACHERS on a QB. We took a guy who would have been on the board at 33, 

On 6/27/2018 at 12:51 AM, Ghoolie said:

You always posted QB first and nothing else is acceptable.  You also posted Baker Mayfield was your guy up until we drafted him of course.   Just imagine if they let everyone bet on the horse races after they were completed...

I doubt Baker is losing any sleep wondering where you are about him now especially if you already confused him with "He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me not. He took his meds..."  

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

You always posted QB first and nothing else is acceptable.  You also posted Baker Mayfield was your guy up until we drafted him of course.   Just imagine if they let everyone bet on the horse races after they were completed...

I doubt Baker is losing any sleep wondering where you are about him now especially if you already confused him with "He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me not. He took his meds..."  

BINGO!!

That was EXACTLY what Ghoolie's stance was. Well said Tom.

Mike

On 6/26/2018 at 9:37 PM, Ghoolie said:

Larry,

You simply don't pass on a Trubisky for a Zumba instructor. You don't pass on Barkley to take Mayfield.

Every year, you guys come him here, call me negative, call me blind because I can't see the OBVIOUS improvements.

100% Foolosh from Ghoolosh.  0 Integrity.

For all your proclaiming to be a smart guy - you sure are pretty stupid with understanding what you've put in writing (quite often within a week).  The draft was 2 months ago when you were posting this franchise better draft a QB first. Now that it's over - you're posturing as if Barkley has always been your guy.  Like they say at the horse races, you have to bet on your horse before the race. If you don't have the balls to do so - there's no claiming victory.  Hoorta had the gonads you lacked.  He played and you were terrified again.

That's the difference between you and Larry.  He picks 1 guy and has the integrity to stand behind him regardless.  You've been trying hide from Paxton Lynch is the football messiah we gotta have since you made the coyote ugly prediction.  Larry also never has to feel compelled to announce on a public board that you said things you've never said. Best of all, he doesn't need to show up in different personalities from 1 day to the next.   He's either smart of enough to take his meds if applicable or just better wired for integrity if wrong. When this team went 10-6 in 2007 - you disappeared from the board the entire season.  And why would you have needed to?   😄

Larry was a gigantic Trubisky fan last year and you know that.  He just came around to the understanding of what guy was the consensus BPA when the draft didn't really appear to offer any obvious football messiahs at the QB position. And your argument back?  If you take anything other than a QB you deserve to finish in last place. We finished last just the Chicago Bears that traded up to take a QB first. 

Let me join your world of pretend here for a second and put my Dr Frasier Crane hat on. The just call me "Tom" and "Dances with Woofs" version of you wanted Baker Mayfield at least repeatedly.  This troll version "Hunting Woofs" trying to stalk Hoorta again just went on record with "only had eyes for Barkley."    And the one ready to be wrong again has his "Terry Bradshaw was my childhood idol" all ready to rock and roll again to recruit the Steel Orphans trolling our loyal fan base in here. If Baker Mayfield has the same 4 year start Bradshaw had (frequently getting benched for Joe Gilliam in seasons #3 and 4) - he'll either be playing against the QB starting over Manziel and Paxton Lynch in Canada or be the QB starting over Manziel and Paxton Lynch.  I'm sure you'll hide like you needed to back in 2007. That said, if we put the defense, WR Corps, and RBs around him Pittsburgh did - it'll make us forget we need a Joe Gilliam too sometimes while we're winning regardless of which QB is taking snaps. Hard to believe I even have to explain this to Terry Bradshaw's most loyal fan.  That said, it's good to see you loyal to something for a change.

8 hours ago, Flugel said:

For all your proclaiming to be a smart guy - you sure are pretty stupid with understanding what you've put in writing (quite often within a week).  The draft was 2 months ago when you were posting this franchise better draft a QB first. Now that it's over - you're posturing as if Barkley has always been your guy.  Like they say at the horse races, you have to bet on your horse before the race. If you don't have the balls to do so - there's no claiming victory.  Hoorta had the gonads you lacked.  He played and you were terrified again.

That's the difference between you and Larry.  He picks 1 guy and has the integrity to stand behind him regardless.  You've been trying hide from Paxton Lynch is the football messiah we gotta have since you made the coyote ugly prediction.  Larry also never has to feel compelled to announce on a public board that you said things you've never said. Best of all, he doesn't need to show up in different personalities from 1 day to the next.   He's either smart of enough to take his meds if applicable or just better wired for integrity if wrong. When this team went 10-6 in 2007 - you disappeared from the board the entire season.  And why would you have needed to?   😄

Larry was a gigantic Trubisky fan last year and you know that.  He just came around to the understanding of what guy was the consensus BPA when the draft didn't really appear to offer any obvious football messiahs at the QB position. And your argument back?  If you take anything other than a QB you deserve to finish in last place. We finished last just the Chicago Bears that traded up to take a QB first. 

Let me join your world of pretend here for a second and put my Dr Frasier Crane hat on. The just call me "Tom" and "Dances with Woofs" version of you wanted Baker Mayfield at least repeatedly.  This troll version "Hunting Woofs" trying to stalk Hoorta again just went on record with "only had eyes for Barkley."    And the one ready to be wrong again has his "Terry Bradshaw was my childhood idol" all ready to rock and roll again to recruit the Steel Orphans trolling our loyal fan base in here. If Baker Mayfield has the same 4 year start Bradshaw had (frequently getting benched for Joe Gilliam in seasons #3 and 4) - he'll either be playing against the QB starting over Manziel and Paxton Lynch in Canada or be the QB starting over Manziel and Paxton Lynch.  I'm sure you'll hide like you needed to back in 2007. That said, if we put the defense, WR Corps, and RBs around him Pittsburgh did - it'll make us forget we need a Joe Gilliam too sometimes while we're winning regardless of which QB is taking snaps. Hard to believe I even have to explain this to Terry Bradshaw's most loyal fan.  That said, it's good to see you loyal to something for a change.

Yeah Tom Ghoolie has flip flopped again. He certainly wanted Mayfield at one point. Now not taking Barkley is going to be a big mistake. As I told him pre-draft- you can call Garrett a Zumba dancer, and my reply is then why not have one on defense, and one on offense? That's my issue with Saquon- Zumba dancer. MHO is he's not a power up the middle type of guy, the majority of his long runs were where he can beat guys to the edge with his speed, then turn it upfield. That's going to be way more difficult in the pros where the defensive guys are a lot faster.  

Last year the knock on Trubisky was his small body of work. So this year we take a guy with more college experience than all the other major candidates, won a Heisman, and has a similar playing style. Only difference I can see is Baker is around 3" shorter. 

We'll see in a few years who got it right, not before we even have a preseason game. Sure Barkley may even win ROY, but the problem is- he's not a quarterback. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah Tom Ghoolie has flip flopped again. He certainly wanted Mayfield at one point. Now not taking Barkley is going to be a big mistake. As I told him pre-draft- you can call Garrett a Zumba dancer, and my reply is then why not have one on defense, and one on offense? That's my issue with Saquon- Zumba dancer. MHO is he's not a power up the middle type of guy, the majority of his long runs were where he can beat guys to the edge with his speed, then turn it upfield. That's going to be way more difficult in the pros where the defensive guys are a lot faster.  

Last year the knock on Trubisky was his small body of work. So this year we take a guy with more college experience than all the other major candidates, won a Heisman, and has a similar playing style. Only difference I can see is Baker is around 3" shorter. 

We'll see in a few years who got it right, not before we even have a preseason game. Sure Barkley may even win ROY, but the problem is- he's not a quarterback. 

I was not sold on Barkley for the same reasons you were.. I see him as Trent Richardson Pt 2. He'll probably be making porn films in 2 years.

On 6/27/2018 at 9:57 AM, The Gipper said:

This just shows your apparent complete lack of character....and loyalty.   I am sure that this kind of lack of character must leak into other aspects of your life.   GOD forbid that anyone would ever have to be in a foxhole with you.  You seem likely to shoot them in the back and then run over to the enemy's side. 

And, no, I don't discount someone who likes the Steelers....if that person is a born and bred Steeler fan from Western PA.  Not at all.  True Steeler fans showed their loyalty through many years of losing.  It is the FRAKS that glom onto that team...or any other, just because they are winning that I discount.

You really are a jackoff, aren't you? COmparing what someone will do in real life based on who they like in football? Dude, open a window, your beathing your own farts has made you demented.

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I was not sold on Barkley for the same reasons you were.. I see him as Trent Richardson Pt 2. He'll probably be making porn films in 2 years.

Nah, by all reports Saquon's character has never been called into question. What does separate Barkley from Richardson is SB does have a better top end gear. Just MHO, and I'm not certain it's going to be enough. 

Ghoolie can bleat on Barkley all he wants to. The stats say comparing GOATs- Brady, 8 Super Bowls, 5 wins. Jim Brown, 1 Championship. Having a HOF QB improves your odds of getting to the big game far more than a HOF RB- I won't respond to his blathering anymore, because the stats speak for themselves.  

You really are a jackoff, aren't you? COmparing what someone will do in real life based on who they like in football? Dude, open a window, your beathing your own farts has made you demented.

If you don't think that how you act/react as a sports fan does not also apply to "real life" just shows how much you lack perspective and insight into human behavior or into your own behavior.  It is a window into your character.

If you are going to go around being a phony sports fan, you will also be a phony person.

On 7/1/2018 at 7:57 AM, Flugel said:

Tom, I NEVER said draft a QB first. I said take Barkley 1sr, and then take whichever of the big QBs still available at #4. THAT was the proper draft. THe 3 big QBs are all even money, so whether you took your gamble at 1  or 4  didn't matter. Same odds, you get a top guy. Again, we got the guy nobody wanted. We got Quinn, Manzeil, name your analogy,  same schidt. BAD DRAFT.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

THe 3 big QBs are all even money, so whether you took your gamble at 1  or 4  didn't matter. Same odds, you get a top guy. Again, we got the guy nobody wanted. 

BS..1.) You had a guy that could not hit your house standing in your driveway at 100mph. 2) watching one C.Kessler from USC again was enough for me. 3)Hollywood Rosen..in frozen blue collar Cleveland division? not a chance..4) Baker has the gutz & skills that won't quit.Dorsey got it right....5) when Haley gets Tyrod away from all his 2 yard sacks like Tyrod in Buffalo.Tyrod will be better for it, now with some weapons 

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Tom, I NEVER said draft a QB first. I said take Barkley 1sr, and then take whichever of the big QBs still available at #4. THAT was the proper draft. THe 3 big QBs are all even money, so whether you took your gamble at 1  or 4  didn't matter. Same odds, you get a top guy. Again, we got the guy nobody wanted. We got Quinn, Manzeil, name your analogy,  same schidt. BAD DRAFT.

Barkley is a Zumba Dancer. PASS.  If you think the top 4 quarterbacks are all even odds, you're full of it. How many games of Allen's at Wyoming did you actually watch? I'll bet the ranch the answer is ZERO. Probably ditto that for Darnold. So- how many of Barkley's games did you actually watch? None? Forming an opinion on highlight reels is freaking worthless, so buy a clue there. Rosen is one concussion away from sitting out 8 games, the next one after that is call it a career. Ya see, some of us actually scout these guys, instead of playing Zen intuition. 

It was between Mayfield and Darnold, and if we had taken Barkley- neither would have been there at #4- guaranteed. then you would have been able to have your bitch fest that we passed on yet another top quarterback, so STFU about Mayfield already. He plays for the Browns- all of a sudden, you obviously think Cleveland is going to suck again. Funny how a week or two ago you were all lovey-dovey on our prospects. 

Archived