THE BROWNS BOARD

Peter Fonda’s Movie “Boundaries” Bombs at the Box Office

Canton Dawg

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

i have a sneaking suspicion that has nothing to do with his comments

I have a sneaking suspicion that a washed up, has been actor, just guaranteed a box office bomb by making perverted comments.

32 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that a washed up, has been actor, just guaranteed a box office bomb by making perverted comments.

if anything i bet his comments stirred a certain number of people to go see it. if anything those comments likely generated a couple extra ticket purchases

20 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm surprised the lefties didn't show up in droves. I'm betting that's why he made the comments . But I wouldn't be surprised if he still sucks.

WSS

ur more of a movie buff than me, can you tell me the last time Fonda was relevant? I honestly could not tell you a movie I've seen him in for maybe 3 decades. I didn't know the dude still made movies. 

21 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

ur more of a movie buff than me, can you tell me the last time Fonda was relevant? I honestly could not tell you a movie I've seen him in for maybe 3 decades. I didn't know the dude still made movies. 

He got nominated for best actor in 91 for a turd called Ulees gold. It was horrible. 

WSS

The only two movies I've ever seen of Fonda's were 'Easy Rider' and a movie of the week where he and Warren Oates were being chased around the southwest by Satanists.

Make a good movie, I'll probably spend money to see it. Don't give a fuk what you say.

However, I don't waste my time watching bad movies. Or football... 😉

1 hour ago, Dste Ace said:

The only two movies I've ever seen of Fonda's were 'Easy Rider' and a movie of the week where he and Warren Oates were being chased around the southwest by Satanists.

Make a good movie, I'll probably spend money to see it. Don't give a fuk what you say.

However, I don't waste my time watching bad movies. Or football... 😉

Nobody asks you to Ace. Easy Rider was more iconic that it was good but it was a landmark I guess. Ulee's gold I saw it back when it was out and thought it sucked.

Those are just my opinions.

WSS

http://www.26thmarines.org/janefonda.html

Traitor
Jane Fonda

This is for all the kids born in the 70's that do not remember this, and didn't have to bear the burden, that our fathers, mothers, and older brothers and sisters had to bear. In 1999, Jane Fonda was to be honored as one of ABC's "100 Women of the Century." Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country but men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam.

There are several 'Urban legend' accounts of Hanoi Jane's treason and treachery. The most popular is attributed to F-4E pilot, Jerry Driscoll. This alleged incident is proveably false, even by Driscoll himself. For the truth in Jane Fonda's crimes and disgusting behavior, read the book titled:   Aid and Comfort,   written by Henry and Erika Holzer.

However, the following account is true....
"I was a civilian economic development advisor in Vietnam, and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held for over 5 years. I spent 27 months in solitary confinement, one year in a cage in Cambodia, and one year in a "black box" in Hanoi. My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot, South Vietnam, whom I buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border.

At one time, I was weighing approximately 90 lbs. (My normal weight is 170 lbs.) We were Jane Fonda's 'war criminals.'

When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, I was asked by the camp communist political officer if I would be willing to meet with Jane Fonda. I said yes, for I would like to tell her about the real treatment we POWs received different from the treatment purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by Jane Fonda, as "humane and lenient." Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on my knees with outstretched arms with a large amount of steel placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane till my arms dipped. I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda for a couple of hours after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV. She did not answer me."

To add insult to injury, when American POWs finally began to return home (some of them having been held captive for up to nine years) and describe the tortures they had endured at the hands of the North Vietnamese, Jane Fonda quickly told the country that they should "not hail the POWs as heroes, because they are hypocrites and liars." Fonda said the idea that the POWs she had met in Vietnam had been tortured was "laughable," claiming: "These were not men who had been tortured. These were not men who had been starved. These were not men who had been brainwashed." The POWs who said they had been tortured were "exaggerating, probably for their own self-interest," she asserted. She told audiences that "Never in the history of the United States have POWs come home looking like football players. These football players are no more heroes than Custer was. They're military careerists and professional killers" who are "trying to make themselves look self-righteous, but they are war criminals according to law."

Were Jane Fonda's actions treason, or were they the exercise of a private citizen's right to freedom of speech? At the time, the legal aspects of this question were moot: President Nixon was engaged in trying to wind down American involvement in Vietnam and had to face another election in a few months, so politically he had far more to lose than to gain by making a martyr out of a prominent anti-war activist. (No requirement in either the Constitution or federal law states that the U.S. must be engaged in a declared war -- or any war at all -- before charges of treason can be brought against an individual.)

On the one hand, Jane Fonda provided no tangible military assistance to the North Vietnamese: she divulged no military secrets, she gave them no money or material, and she did not interfere with the operations of the American forces. Her actions, offensive as they were to many, were primarily of propaganda value only. On the other hand, Iva Ikuko Toguri (also known as "Tokyo Rose") was convicted of treason for making propaganda broadcasts on behalf of the Japanese during World War II (although she claimed her betrayal was forced and was eventually pardoned many years later by President Gerald Ford), and Fonda's efforts could fall under the definition of "giving aid and comfort to the enemy." It is also undeniable that some American soldiers came to harm as a direct result of Fonda's actions, an outcome she should reasonably have anticipated.

In 1988, sixteen years after denouncing American soldiers as war criminals and tortured POWs as possessed of overactive imaginations, Fonda met with Vietnam veterans to apologize for her actions. It's interesting to note that this nationally-televised apology (during which she attempted to minimize her actions by characterizing them as "thoughtless and careless") came at a time when New England vets were successfully disrupting a film project she was working on. It's also interesting that not only was this apology delivered sixteen years after the fact, but it has not been offered again since. More than a few have read a huge dollop of self-interest into Fonda's 1988 apology. (Finally, in an interview in 2000, almost thirty years after the fact, Fonda admitted: "I will go to my grave regretting the photograph of me in an anti-aircraft carrier, which looks like I was trying to shoot at American planes. It hurt so many soldiers. It galvanized such hostility. It was the most horrible thing I could possibly have done. It was just thoughtless.")

Jane Fonda: May you live a thousand more times on this earth to rectify the karma you have generated.

On 6/28/2018 at 7:12 PM, Clevfan4life said:

i have a sneaking suspicion that has nothing to do with his comments

LOL! And maybe because he is just a cameo in what bills washed up Christopher Plummer as a star. Nice 59% critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/boundaries_2018

Archived