THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers writer Ed Bouchette

jcam222

On 7/11/2018 at 8:02 AM, Zombo said:

OK, so, he's 116-60. Two Super Bowls, One ring. 8-7 in the postseason.

Poor Ben has been stuck in a Top Ten offense four straight years, Top five passing game past three years.

Tomlin has made the playoffs eight times in eleven years, never had a losing season.

He is 5th in active coaches in wins, He is second to active coaches in winning percentage , trailing only Belichick.

But he's a jackass.

Hope Hugh Jackson turns into a jackass.

Zombo

Pittsburgh fans are spoiled by the best FO in the NFL. That's where they've been most consistent since they started looking to former Cleveland Players like Noll and Cowher.  They don't exactly give their Head Coaches a bunch of pawns to play gridiron chess with only ask for miracles on Sundays. That's the complete opposite of Cleveland. Tomlin didn't even need to instill a philosophy of RUN the ball, rush the passer and stop the run. He just had to inherit the ongoing tradition which looks to have tarnished somewhat on the defensive side of the ball. 

I don't know if it's the Irish blood, the Guinness Beer or both but you hardly ever post anything I can argue with dom gummit.  Even this, to an extent, I'd love to have my only complaints be "yeah we only won 1 Superbowl and participated in 2 in this coach's tenure."  Then again, I'd love to see us have a Head Coach inherit an elite franchise QB with an edge rusher that is the Defensive Player of the Year like Harrison was the same year his 100 yard pick 6 was a 14 point swing at halftime that allowed them to win the SB on the last play of the game vrs Arizona.  IMO, it was a lot like Barry Switzer showing up to the talent pool in Dallas that couldn't lose making him the beneficiary of it all.  The NEXT time, they would lose to the NFC Wildcard GB Packers that had a ho hum 9-7 regular season record. 

In another one of your posts, you mentioned your brother and other family members that still reside in PA that are sick of Tomlin and you think they're nuts because of that.  Then again, when Pitt has the best all around RB in football, the best WR and a QB that's won 2 of the 3 Superbowls he's started in - I can't blame them and their fans for being disappointed with the 1 and done playoff exit (especially when they're supposed to be getting closer to finally beating NE in the post season).  A few years ago, finger LeBeau got scapegoated for the defense being the anchor.  Well, Tomlin's expertise is supposed to be on the Defensive side of the ball and in the secondary in particular.  For them to see Jax beating them with the philosophy they're supposed to be socking to NE at an AFC Championship Level - they're seeing regression especially in the areas of the team Tomlin is supposed to offer the most expertise.  That secondary was terrible.  How many years ago did they fire LeBeau?  They still suck on defense.

Understanding all that, when they lost 45-42 - they fired their OC.  I see a 2nd consecutive Scapegoat after LeBeau took it up Hershey Highway. On top of all that, there's the throwing the War Veteran at Left Tackle under the bus for being the only guy on the roster to honor the National Anthem and then blasting the blind side tackle as a villain for that in the media.  Pitt LOST that day to a team they should have beaten reflecting an inevitable outcome of disappointing leadership via Tomlin. 

My guess is Pittsburgh fans today are at the point where many of our fans were with Marty Schottenheimer.  They are far less concerned with the consistency of winning than they are with the lack of post season progress.  The difference between the 2 guys is Tomlin showed up to a SB caliber roster loaded with playoff experience created by Pitt's FO and a philosophy already in tact from that FO and previous HC.  He Barry Switzered his 1st SB with a Victory; lost his next SB to GB; then he lost Conference Championship Games; and now he's not winning playoff games at home.  That's a regression causing concern especially when it's in spite of a three-some like Roethlisberger, Bell and AB in a passing era.  Marty, on the other hand, surfaced from a team that never won a single playoff game under the previous regime. He turned a last place team into 8-8 (1st place), 12-4 (1st place), 10-5, and 10-6. However, the early regular season progress and ability to get back to the AFC Championship Game only increased expectations; while it drastically lowered the tolerance for losing the Big Game (especially with the conservative asss puckering game plans some of our fans have never forgiven him for).  Maybe if we had a Charles Haley or a James Harrison off the edge we could have won those Big Games in spite of Marty's stage fright.  Who knows?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Josh needs this for himself first and foremost, but also for his family. 

You're looking at it from a humanitarian point of view...which is noble, of  course.   I've given up caring so much about that.  Next year he'll wanna be a Dallas Cowboy.  I look at players through a much colder lens these days.  What is their value to my football team.  Which includes ability, availability, work ethic, integrity, etc.  (have I become jaded?)  

1 hour ago, Orion said:

You're looking at it from a humanitarian point of view...which is noble, of  course.   I've given up caring so much about that.  Next year he'll wanna be a Dallas Cowboy.  I look at players through a much colder lens these days.  What is their value to my football team.  Which includes ability, availability, work ethic, integrity, etc.  (have I become jaded?)  

Maybe not jaded but business like realistic. 

Football is a game......errrr, big, big business. 

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Ben is quite the leader.

I think you need to familiarize yourself with how the Rooney's do business.

They have had 3 head coaches in 40 years. 

Noll and Cowher retired on their own terms.

They gave Cohwer 13 years to wins a SB and endured 3 losing season with him. Tomlin already has a ring an no losing seasons.

Chuck Noll was a .500 coach his last 11 years and they stuck with him. Tomlin's worst season is .500.

Rooney's don't care what the fans think, or what the players think, or what Boo Fagley thinks, they have their way of doing things. They're not changing coaches if Tomlin doesn't win the SB this year, that's ridiculous.

Zombo

Since I have been following the game for a very long time Son, I was already aware that the Steelers have only had 3 HCs. Noll won 4 Championships and he earned the right to go out on his own terms. Firing a 4 time Champion HC would have caused a $hitstorm back in those days.  NY Giants HC Tom Coughlin earned the right to leave on his own as well winning 2 Championships. The Giants operate like the Steelers in that regard. Cowher never had a good QB before Ben. Unless you believe that Bubby Brister, Kordell, Odonell, Tomzack were worth a $hit because I do not. They sucked and you ARE NOT winning a Super Bowl Championships with no QB which is whole purpose of playing the game.

Tomlin does not have a QB problem. Ben is a first ballot HOF QB. Last years team was good enough to be in the Super Bowl until Tomlin pissed it away. The Patriots beat them on a lucky play. The Steelers got stomped by the Jaguars at home because they were not prepared. That falls directly on Tomlin. The higher ups did call for his firing. https://weei.radio.com/blogs/john-tomase/report-steelers-limited-partners-want-mike-tomlin-fired Not just the fans and I have never suggested that the fans manage the front office. Haley was fired instead as the scape goat. He has had a top 5 passing offense for 4 consecutive seasons, but somebody had to take the blame.

Great HCs and franchises are measured by Championships. Runner Ups and losers care about winning seasons.

Its not ridiculous that Tomlin will be fired if the Steelers do not at least make it to the Super Bowl. 

16 hours ago, Flugel said:

Boo, let's not pretend NE was winning enough to put fans in the seats throughout the 60s, 70s and most of the 80s and 90s.  That's where you learned to pronounce your screen name.

Ha, well done.

There were periods during the 60s, 70s and 80s where the stands were full when it looked like ownership cared about winning. About every 10 years the Patriots knocked on the Super Bowl door. The 90s when Parcells arrived, set in motion a waiting list for seats that is still going strong today. The Red Sox could lose every game and the fans would show up. Not so with the Patriots.

5 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Since I have been following the game for a very long time Son, I was already aware that the Steelers have only had 3 HCs. Noll won 4 Championships and he earned the right to go out on his own terms. Firing a 4 time Champion HC would have caused a $hitstorm back in those days.  NY Giants HC Tom Coughlin earned the right to leave on his own as well winning 2 Championships. The Giants operate like the Steelers in that regard. Cowher never had a good QB before Ben. Unless you believe that Bubby Brister, Kordell, Odonell, Tomzack were worth a $hit because I do not. They sucked and you ARE NOT winning a Super Bowl Championships with no QB which is whole purpose of playing the game.

Tomlin does not have a QB problem. Ben is a first ballot HOF QB. Last years team was good enough to be in the Super Bowl until Tomlin pissed it away. The Patriots beat them on a lucky play. The Steelers got stomped by the Jaguars at home because they were not prepared. That falls directly on Tomlin. The higher ups did call for his firing. https://weei.radio.com/blogs/john-tomase/report-steelers-limited-partners-want-mike-tomlin-fired Not just the fans and I have never suggested that the fans manage the front office. Haley was fired instead as the scape goat. He has had a top 5 passing offense for 4 consecutive seasons, but somebody had to take the blame.

Great HCs and franchises are measured by Championships. Runner Ups and losers care about winning seasons.

Its not ridiculous that Tomlin will be fired if the Steelers do not at least make it to the Super Bowl. 

Why do you even give a Sheet whether or not the Steelers are or are not Super Bowl contenders. They are not but like I said why do you give a Sheet

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I thought that was an interesting bet......but a bet is a bet.

And a world cup in Qatar, count me not going in person,  but 2026 in the GOOD OL' USA and Canada and Mexico in 2026 count me in, wait I'll be 76, I don't know if my battered body will wait that long. :lol:

GO TEAM USA, baby!

I'm not trying to get out of it, but it will be an indication of how much interest in soccer has increased in the intervening 4 years in the US. I say it's a lot.  :)

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'm not trying to get out of it, but it will be an indication of how much interest in soccer has increased in the intervening 4 years in the US. I say it's a lot.  :)

No doubt soccer is on an uptick, American tackle football is on a downtick -but- they are still far apart right now.

I wouldn't want to guess what the numbers will look like in 10 or 15 years.

On 7/14/2018 at 11:30 AM, Orion said:

Hey, I totally get it, and I doubt anybody blames you. But I'm going to respectfully disagree. I imagine Josh feels a tremendous amount of loyalty to our franchise. Addicts are their own worst enemies, and they feel the pain of their bad decisions over and over. They alienate themselves from the people who love them because they continuously hurt them by lying, cheating, stealing or whatever. My point is, when somebody DOES stick it out with the addict, they generally create an extremely tight bond. In this case, the actual Browns franchise is the entity that stuck by Josh, and I'd doubt very much that he'd want to leave, or even THINK about it right now. Jimmy Haslam, Hue Jackson, and our franchise saw the potential. They never gave up on Josh, even when it appeared as if we did. He'll likely not forget. 

I'm under no disillusions here, and I realize the only reason Josh was even GIVEN a 10th chance was because he's such a magnificent athlete. Had he been just a normal, run of the mill WR, he would've likely been cut years ago. Alas, he is no such thing. Josh is a rare specimen in every physical way possible, and people with his size simply don't run that fast, run routes that well, or most importantly...catch the ball like he does. Make no mistake, Josh has the ability to be the best WR in the league. Now, even if he's mentally and physically healthy, it's very unlikely Josh will replicate the success he had years ago. Mainly because he'll be a victim of our improved roster and our new QBs propensity to throw it short and not take chances. I firmly believe Jarvis Landry will have a better statistical year, but it will be Josh Gordon that keeps DC's up at night. 

Keep in mind that we somehow control the rights to Josh Gordon through 2019. I'm not sure if we have him THROUGH 2019, or if this is his last year under contract, but should Josh Gordon perform like we want him to, it's a little consequence. We'll either franchise him or sign him to a nice contract (obviously laden with protective language). Bottom line, Josh kicks butt this year and he's not going anywhere for a variety of reasons. I'd just about guarantee it. 

On 7/14/2018 at 2:16 PM, boo fagley said:

. The Steelers got stomped by the Jaguars at home because they were not prepared.

Yes, I posted pictures and video of Tomlin fumbling for a scoop six and throwing an interception back in his own end, a 14 point swing.

You say Belichick is the GOAT but you want to fire highly successful coaches in the same conference who don't win multiple SBs. The math doesn't add up. He should be fired because his team can't beat the Goat?

Brady > Ben

Belichick > Tomlin.

Fire Tomlin because he wins 70% of his game but only got past the GOAT to get to the SB twice!

Oh and the Super Bowl they lost?

Rodgers > Ben

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Yes, I posted pictures and video of Tomlin fumbling for a scoop six and throwing an interception back in his own end, a 14 point swing.

You say Belichick is the GOAT but you want to fire highly successful coaches in the same conference who don't win multiple SBs. The math doesn't add up. He should be fired because his team can't beat the Goat?

Brady > Ben

Belichick > Tomlin.

Fire Tomlin because he wins 70% of his game but only got past the GOAT to get to the SB twice!

Rodgers > Ben

Zombo

It is so absurdly simple.  During those years, when the Steelers were Super Bowl contenders, they still got beat because those were better teams, those were better QBs....as you point out. Even if BR was a top 5 QB...Rodgers and Brady were top 1 or 2. 

And Brady beating BR has continued since at least 2010.  And other teams caught up to the Steelers as an overall team.   Even if the other team did not have a QB as good as BR, they still had better teams, like the Broncos the year a bad Tim Tebow beat them (and when a mediocre Blake Bortles beat them)   The one year the Broncos beat them, the Broncos had a better  QB (Peyton)  and a better defense.

And when they lost to the Ravens and the Jags....it is because those teams were the overall superior team, even if the QBs of those teams did not match up.  The Ravens and Jags dominated the Steelers defensively. 

Pittsburgh does have some powerful weaponry...in BR, Bell, Brown.   But for some time it has been only those powerful players that has been the difference between them and the Browns!...let alone other, better teams.

7 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

But I'm going to respectfully disagree. I imagine Josh feels a tremendous amount of loyalty to our franchise.

...and I'd bet that he was hoping we'd trade or cut him so he wouldn't have to return to our endlessly crappy situation/football team.

(I think we only own him this year and would need to negotiate a new contract with him for future services)

2 hours ago, Orion said:

...and I'd bet that he was hoping we'd trade or cut him so he wouldn't have to return to our endlessly crappy situation/football team.

(I think we only own him this year and would need to negotiate a new contract with him for future services)

Nope, he's a RFA next year. He plays like he did in his breakout year, doubtless first round tender. Browns may even try to work out a long term deal with a lot of conditions that can void the contract- like failing another drug test. 

On 7/16/2018 at 8:17 AM, Zombo said:

Brady > Ben

Belichick > Tomlin.

Rodgers > Ben

Zombo

John Hargaugh and the Ravens beat NE twice on the road with Joe Flacco and Ray Rice. Would have been 3 times of Lee Evans did not drop a TD pass while he was standing in the endzone. The Ravens kicker then missed a chip shot FG that would have tied the game.

Rex Ryan and Jets rolled into NE and beat NE in the post season. With Mark Sanchez and a washed up Ladain Tomlinson.

Mike Shanahan and the Broncos beat NE in the post season with Jake Plummer and Mike Anderson.

John Fox and the Broncos beat NE in the post season with P Manning and Knowshon Moreno.

Tony Dungy and the Colts beat NE in the post season with P Manning, Dominic Rhodes and Joseph Addai.

Gary Kubiak and the Broncos beat NE in the post season with P Manning and CJ Anderson.

In summary,

Ben is on par with P Manning. All the other QBs range from mediocre to bad. Flacco is on borrowed time and will likely make the HOF after much debate.

Levon Bell destroys all RBs with the exception of Tomlinson who was not in his prime when beating NE.

Other HCs have beat NE with less talent than what Tomlin has had.

Harbaugh had a decent QB and beat NE.

Rex never had a good QB.

Shanahan had Plummer but still took down NE.

Fox won with a QB as good as Ben.

Dungy won with a good QB as good as Ben.

Kubuak won with a good QB

Tomlin has a great QB and cant beat NE.

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nope, he's a RFA next year. He plays like he did in his breakout year, doubtless first round tender. Browns may even try to work out a long term deal with a lot of conditions that can void the contract- like failing another drug test. 

We MAY try for a deal, but that would be difficult. The conditional language alone would be a nightmare, and both sides would probably want different things. Not only that, but it'll be the one chance Josh has at free agency in his career (or at least the BEST chance for him to find a homerun deal). My best guess is that we'll franchise him. It'd cost a boatload of money, but we don't really have another player that we'd need to franchise, and it would seem to work out well for both parties. Josh gets the guaranteed giant payday he wants (probably $15 million-ish), and we'd get the services of an elite WR for another year to help our young QB, Baker Mayfield. 

Of course, I hope I'm wrong and we sign him to a massive contract that both sides like and he plays it out as a Brown. 

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It is so absurdly simple.  During those years, when the Steelers were Super Bowl contenders, they still got beat because those were better teams, those were better QBs....as you point out. Even if BR was a top 5 QB...Rodgers and Brady were top 1 or 2. 

And Brady beating BR has continued since at least 2010.  And other teams caught up to the Steelers as an overall team.   Even if the other team did not have a QB as good as BR, they still had better teams, like the Broncos the year a bad Tim Tebow beat them (and when a mediocre Blake Bortles beat them)   The one year the Broncos beat them, the Broncos had a better  QB (Peyton)  and a better defense.

And when they lost to the Ravens and the Jags....it is because those teams were the overall superior team, even if the QBs of those teams did not match up.  The Ravens and Jags dominated the Steelers defensively. 

Pittsburgh does have some powerful weaponry...in BR, Bell, Brown.   But for some time it has been only those powerful players that has been the difference between them and the Browns!...let alone other, better teams.

You have some phobia about the Steelers.

Something bad must have happened in the stadium rest room when you were Pittsburgh for a game.

Pittsburgh has a Super Bowl team coached by glorified cheerleader. A Players coach and that type of guy wants to be buddy - buddy with the players. Tomlin fails at X's and O's as well as game management.

22 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

John Hargaugh and the Ravens beat NE twice on the road with Joe Flacco and Ray Rice. Would have been 3 times of Lee Evans did not drop a TD pass while he was standing in the endzone. The Ravens kicker then missed a chip shot FG that would have tied the game.

Rex Ryan and Jets rolled into NE and beat NE in the post season. With Mark Sanchez and a washed up Ladain Tomlinson.

Mike Shanahan and the Broncos beat NE in the post season with Jake Plummer and Mike Anderson.

John Fox and the Broncos beat NE in the post season with P Manning and Knowshon Moreno.

Tony Dungy and the Colts beat NE in the post season with P Manning, Dominic Rhodes and Joseph Addai.

Gary Kubiak and the Broncos beat NE in the post season with P Manning and CJ Anderson.

In summary,

Ben is on par with P Manning. All the other QBs range from mediocre to bad. Flacco is on borrowed time and will likely make the HOF after much debate.

Levon Bell destroys all RBs with the exception of Tomlinson who was not in his prime when beating NE.

Other HCs have beat NE with less talent than what Tomlin has had.

Harbaugh had a decent QB and beat NE.

Rex never had a good QB.

Shanahan had Plummer but still took down NE.

Fox won with a QB as good as Ben.

Dungy won with a good QB as good as Ben.

Kubuak won with a good QB

Tomlin has a great QB and cant beat NE.

He's only played New England in the playoffs once.

He beat those Baltimore and NY Jets teams you admire to make the Super Bowl.

If Ben doesn't turn it over against Jacksonville twice, maybe they beat NE last year. We'll never know, because Ben turned it over twice. That was a 14 point swing.

Pittsburgh is not going to fire Tomlin if he goes 13 -3 again but doesn't win the SB. In fact they're not going to fire him at all.

Ben has always been the 5th or 6th best QB of his era. Behind Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers. I think Rivers is better too, but you ring-counters will squawk about that.

Its not a crime that he has only won two out of three SBs.

It's certainly not Tomlin's fault, he has the team in position to contend every single year. Players make the plays. Ben turned it over twice in his own territory in the first half against a very good team and lost a close game. It happens. Winning is hard. Appreciate it. We all remember the Patsies from their first 40 years.

But if you continue to say the Steelers will fire Tomlin this year, you are just motherfucking stupid.

Zombo

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

You have some phobia about the Steelers.

Something bad must have happened in the stadium rest room when you were Pittsburgh for a game.

Pittsburgh has a Super Bowl team coached by glorified cheerleader. A Players coach and that type of guy wants to be buddy - buddy with the players. Tomlin fails at X's and O's as well as game management.

No phobia. Just a realist.  It is just a fact that the Steelers are not as good as you think they are or have been. And the proof of that is in the pudding because they have NOT won anything lately. 

YOU are the one with some kind of school girl crush on them apparently. Maybe Tomlin isn't all that great....but then he has NOT had a great overall team to work with in a decade.  They have a few great players, but they do not have enough.  

You are acting like a fuycking Steeler groupie.  But, I am sorry, they have been more like the Ruttles than the Beatles for a decade now.  A very poor imitation of their previous selves.  And Tomlin is about the least of their issues.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

He's only played New England in the playoffs once.

He beat those Baltimore and NY Jets teams you admire to make the Super Bowl.

If Ben doesn't turn it over against Jacksonville twice, maybe they beat NE last year. We'll never know, because Ben turned it over twice. That was a 14 point swing.

Pittsburgh is not going to fire Tomlin if he goes 13 -3 again but doesn't win the SB. In fact they're not going to fire him at all.

Ben has always been the 5th or 6th best QB of his era. Behind Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers. I think Rivers is better too, but you ring-counters will squawk about that.

Its not a crime that he has only won two out of three SBs.

It's certainly not Tomlin's fault, he has the team in position to contend every single year. Players make the plays. Ben turned it over twice in his own territory in the first half against a very good team and lost a close game. It happens. Winning is hard. Appreciate it. We all remember the Patsies from their first 40 years.

But if you continue to say the Steelers will fire Tomlin this year, you are just motherShmucking stupid.

Zombo

Actually...I hope Fagley is right, I hope they do fire Tomlin.  He is a good coach and I could not see the Steelers actually getting a better one. 

Who is out there that they could hire that could be a better HC than Tomlin?   They could elevate Mike Munchak, and he would be good, but I am not sure he would be better than Tomlin. 

Again, give us a name of someone they can hire who would be better....who would correct all the so called errors that Tomlin is supposed to be making.

Sure, I dislike Tomlin...but only because he is the HC of the Pittspukers....and he wins and beats the Browns all the time.   

Yea....get his arse out of there!!

24 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No phobia. Just a realist.  It is just a fact that the Steelers are not as good as you think they are or have been. And the proof of that is in the pudding because they have NOT won anything lately. 

YOU are the one with some kind of school girl crush on them apparently. Maybe Tomlin isn't all that great....but then he has NOT had a great overall team to work with in a decade.  They have a few great players, but they do not have enough.  

You are acting like a fuycking Steeler groupie.  But, I am sorry, they have been more like the Ruttles than the Beatles for a decade now.  A very poor imitation of their previous selves.  And Tomlin is about the least of their issues.

No Steeler fan, but not ignorant to the fact that the Steelers the 2nd best team in the AFC.

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Actually...I hope Fagley is right, I hope they do fire Tomlin.  He is a good coach and I could not see the Steelers actually getting a better one. 

Who is out there that they could hire that could be a better HC than Tomlin?   They could elevate Mike Munchak, and he would be good, but I am not sure he would be better than Tomlin. 

Again, give us a name of someone they can hire who would be better....who would correct all the so called errors that Tomlin is supposed to be making.

Sure, I dislike Tomlin...but only because he is the HC of the Pittspukers....and he wins and beats the Browns all the time.   

Yea....get his arse out of there!!

Who could the Eagles find better than Andy Reid and Chip Kelly Gippie?

I do not have a name of an up and coming Head Coach. Who could the Browns find better than Hue? 

Pittsburgh should beat the Browns. They are better.  Last season the Browns took them to the 11th round with Kizer.

51 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

No Steeler fan, but not ignorant to the fact that the Steelers the 2nd best team in the AFC.

In a few years they were the best team in the AFC...the years they made the Super Bowl...3 years.    But ONLY in a couple of other years could they be considered the 2 best team in the AFC in the BR era......once in his rookie season of 2004...and once in 2016....where he lost both times to a better Brady led team.

They lost in the Wild card round 3 times,   they lost in the division round  2 times....and in 4 years they never made the playoffs.   That is:  9 times in BRs career they did not make the Conf Champ. game.    And 5 times they did.   They have only made it to the Conf. championship game once in 8 years.

They are just not that good.

8 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Who could the Eagles find better than Andy Reid and Chip Kelly Gippie?

I do not have a name of an up and coming Head Coach. Who could the Browns find better than Hue? 

Pittsburgh should beat the Browns. They are better.  Last season the Browns took them to the 11th round with Kizer.

You are the one who wants Tomlin out of there, ergo...it is your job to suggest a replacement who is better, not mine.  (and Chip Kelly is suckass as a pro coach....an potted plant could perhaps be better)

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You are the one who wants Tomlin out of there, ergo...it is your job to suggest a replacement who is better, not mine.  (and Chip Kelly is suckass as a pro coach....an potted plant could perhaps be better)

This is not court. You have to tell the truth.

Partners in the Steelers wanted Tomlin out. The Tomlin tough man routine has worn thin. Terry Bradshaw even knows that Tomlin isnt that good.

31 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

This is not court. You have to tell the truth.

Partners in the Steelers wanted Tomlin out. The Tomlin tough man routine has worn thin. Terry Bradshaw even knows that Tomlin isnt that good.

The truth is that I don't care.....Then fire his arse if you want.  Good riddance to him....maybe they will get some coaches like the ones we have had for 20 years. Guys that can hardly coach their way out of a paper bag. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The truth is that I don't care.....Then fire his arse if you want.  Good riddance to him....maybe they will get some coaches like the ones we have had for 20 years. Guys that can hardly coach their way out of a paper bag. 

If you dont care then why do keep arguing with me when I am right? I cant fire Tomlin like I cant fire Marvin Lewis. I have to believe that the Rooneys have a plan B if Tomiln cant deliver. Same for Haslam if Hue crashes and burns.

I hope the Browns get a good coach. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I am just pointing out his shortcomings. Cowher handed him a Super Bowl team and he won a title, but since then Tomiln has amounted to $hit.

Archived