THE BROWNS BOARD

RB Position

Orion

I have Dayes off the roster. Lots of guys that can return kickoffs. Don't sleep on Dontrell Hilliard out of Tulane. Hilliard and Dayes will compete for the roster spot that opens up if one of the Big 3 is knicked up.

I see one fullback Vitale/Williams and three running backs Hyde, Chubb and Duke.

I think we'll keep six or seven Wrs and six corners and that will fill the special teams needs.

Zombo

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And lets face it....the new Millenial fans just are not as rowdy and boisterous as the old Baby Boomer fans were.  Fair to say?  

I think there's more 'corporate' fans now than back then.

And I think the old Muni was more enclosed with more overhang.

15 hours ago, Orion said:

Since l’m not a Cleveland native l only made it to the Muni a couple times, but l’ve heard some great back in the day stories about that place, many on this board. Seemed like there was a time when anything would fly there. 

The most memorable story, and l’ll try to do it justice, is a group of fans in the Dawg Pound (before it was called the Dawg Pound) passing a joint down the row, and it gets to the guy on the end who turns to give it to the next guy, and it’s a cop. The cop shakes his head, so the joint went back the other way, and that was that.

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Since l’m not a Cleveland native l only made it to the Muni a couple times, but l’ve heard some great back in the day stories about that place, many on this board. Seemed like there was a time when anything would fly there. 

The most memorable story, and l’ll try to do it justice, is a group of fans in the Dawg Pound (before it was called the Dawg Pound) passing a joint down the row, and it gets to the guy on the end who turns to give it to the next guy, and it’s a cop. The cop shakes his head, so the joint went back the other way, and that was that.

Oh god the Ol' Muni in baseball you might have about 75,000 opening day and barely 10,000 in several days or in the dreary 1970s a few crowds way less than that like maybe 4,000 +/-. The Indians often didn't attract a million for the season, Progressive has already passed that this year. And then my favorite sports movie Major League .......filmed in Milwaukee. 

Allegedly the spot where the dog pound was was originally to be completed as a complete circle and it was built to attract the 1932 Olympics.....again maybe just a good story.

I do remember parking lot fights, cars with PA licence plates getting antennas snapped off and of course my favorite when Joe Turkey Jones planted Terry Bradshaw into the turf.

Ahhhh, memories. GO BROWNS! 

18 hours ago, Orion said:

Like I said, I would have to see some audible engineer's report to see if such things really matter.  Does one exist?

On 7/19/2018 at 9:22 AM, The Gipper said:
  On 7/19/2018 at 9:22 AM, The Gipper said:

And lets face it....the new Millenial fans just are not as rowdy and boisterous as the old Baby Boomer fans were.  Fair to say?  

Millenials go to games?  :lol:

And yes there are more corporate fans than ever especially in the era of expensive new stadium seats and the NFL.

Also the Ol' Lovable Dump was an old two decker with a small overhang and plenty of steel supports to block your view.

I do remember their added in Loge seating, been in a few, primitive by today's standards -but- you had a frig and private bathroom! Woo-hoo!

Archived