THE BROWNS BOARD

Brown on way out??

ballpeen

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...-year?eref=sihp

Could this season's NBA Coach of the Year be looking for a job before the start of next season? It sounds ridiculous but it just might be the case for Cleveland's Mike Brown, according to several sources close to the situation. The Cavaliers' front office has reportedly been in disarray since the team was bounced by Orlando in the Eastern Conference finals -- despite finishing with a league-best record of 66-16 and possessing NBA MVP LeBron James. Some key members of the organization feel Brown was badly out-coached by Orlando's Stan Van Gundy, according to sources. One source said Cavs management wasn't only disappointed in the losses, "but equally disappointed in the (two) wins" in a series that went six games.

probasketballnews.com

I think it might be the move to make. I really don't think Brown enhances our chances, and may actually hold the team back.

He's Avery Johnson. There's no question he's made our guys buy into playing defense for 48 minutes, 82 times a year. When you have LeBron, a decent supporting cast, and that defense-first mindset, you'll win a lot of games. It comes down to whether you can beat the big boys and difficult matchups. Avery could never beat the Golden State Warriors for christ's sake. Great coaches don't care who they're matched up against.

He helped turn the team around and I'll thank him for his time, but he's served his purpose and it's time to go.

Unfortunately I don't buy the rumor.

If this is true, then who will we replace him with ?

Almost all the good coaches have a job right now. The main problem is our lack of active big guys - no matter who coaches Cleveland ...

Rumor says Pat Riley.

Pat Riley ? Come on .. he is the current president of Miami heat ... why would he want to quit that job ?

I wish it were true but it doesnt make much sense.

Lebron is going to coach, I called this a few weeks ago!

Ok, so the guy got out coached in the Eastern Conference finals...that we can agree on. But, Mike Brown did make many great calls this season in leading the Cavs to 66 wins and into the EC finals(sure LBJ actually led them, but that's obvious). Rumors that the Cavs brass are torn between keeping him or letting him go lead the question as well that who would replace him and the name being thown around is Pat Riley?! Isn't that the same guy that is 107 years old, GM of the Heat, and can't even coach a full season w/o having to get a hip replacement? I know there's something to be said for all his knowledge, but why would we want a guy that has been collecting social security for 35 years already?

So, you ask who would be the coach to get to replace Mike Brown and Cleveland would actually be able to justify it??? Mike Krzyzewski!!!! Dan Gilbert go out and throw the whole kitchen sink at Coach K and you WILL win your championship. We all know that he absolutely loves LeBron and that LBJ might actually be capable of luring Coach K from Duke, if anyone can. This would be just about the only way IMO that Cleveland would really start to feel a sense of belief that we can actually do it as well. Gilbert always makes a point to note that the Cavs are willing to spend whatever it takes to bring a championship to Cleveland and here's their chance to actually prove it...I don't care if it takes 20 million a year, go out and get the man and WE WILL WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!

Lebron is going to coach, I called this a few weeks ago!

I'd hope to God nothing like that would ever happen.

You guys think LeBron stands around and pounds the ball now, it'd be way worse if he was really in control.

What they need and have needed for a long time is a real coach. Larry Brown, Pat Riley...

Archived