THE BROWNS BOARD

The Media Fall for Phony 'Jobs' Claims (26,000,000 Unemployed or Underemployed)

Mr. T

The Media Fall for Phony 'Jobs' Claims The Obama Numbers Are Pure Fiction.

Mr. Fratto sees a double standard at play. "We would never have used a formula like 'save or create,'" he tells me. "To begin with, the number is pure fiction -- the administration has no way to measure how many jobs are actually being 'saved.' And if we had tried to use something this flimsy, the press would never have let us get away with it."

Of course, the inability to measure Mr. Obama's jobs formula is part of its attraction. Never mind that no one -- not the Labor Department, not the Treasury, not the Bureau of Labor Statistics -- actually measures "jobs saved." As the New York Times delicately reports, Mr. Obama's jobs claims are "based on macroeconomic estimates, not an actual counting of jobs." Nice work if you can get away with it.

article

Isn't it great that our leaders can flat out lie to us and nobody holds them responsible.

Real Unemployment Situation: Approximately 26,000,000 Unemployed or Underemployed. Job Growth in $10 per Hour Jobs while $20 per Hour Jobs Disappear. article

If you are unemployed dont sit around and expect Obama to save your arse.

How many on this board are unemployed or have had to take a reduction in pay?

Both me and the wife have had reductions in pay, where I work we have had a drop in sales of close to 35% at the close of last year, and this year its not looking any better. We have been able to level out with a few more new sales but we are nowhere where we need to be. This seems to be the status quo for NC.

Yep. And, the Otraumanites are happy that unemployment expenditures are down.

Yeah, the unemployment benefits ran out for a lot of folks, like two friends of mine.

A couple of months back I was listening to some talking heads whoever they were on CNN and they were stating that by fall the administartion will be able to take the unemployment numbers and say they are down because of the great stimulus. :unsure:

I was thinking by then most of those on unemployment now will have been dropped, just like your two friends were.

You can tell them they did there part for Obama by getting off of unemployment. :mad:

Choco - that's really tough.

I keep hearing from different headhunters that

things are really looking tough, and a lot of

companies are downsizing more often.

Not good at all. And unemployment

is unbelievably high.

Not good. Not good at all.

thanks cal. the crunch in Pitt is actually not as bad as much of the country.....

my firm was run into the ground by incompetent management....all they knew to do was chase the carrot of a possible sale. they wasted money until our account balance was $0.00....then decided they'd need to do something.

a US owned and operated Inc. for 36 years, sold to some Hungarians who proceeded to dismantle the company to absorb the technology. we'll be closing our doors in less than 6 months.....

i actually feel pretty bad...i've only been there for 3.5 years, and kept my position. many of those laid off had 20+ years in....which means we lost so much experience that we cannot operate at anywhere near the efficiency we used to. so now im weraing about 3-4 hats any given day: IT sys admin, custom support engineer (alot of traveling), manufacturing tech (system assembly), and applications engineering (the physics stuff).....

if this is happening across the country to any degree, i sincerely worry about our future.....as a country.

Seriously, Choco, I get emails and phone calls every once in a while...

Pittsburg keeps coming up, but it always Notes admins they want.

I had the training for admin once, but never used it much, in any depth

at all. I'm a programmer/analyst...

Then, they say the East coast, or West coast is the only place they

have a need for my skills anymore. Too many job losses in the midwest.

And IBM compounded that dramatically by putting pressure on client

companies with their licensing structures and rates several years back...

I know a lot of folks, and a good number of them know a LOT of folks,

(one old acquaintance works for IBM in Cleveland), and the word

is very, very disappointing and alarming about where we may be headed as a country.

stimlus is working great.

we've been downsized from 46 people to 16 in 4 months.

No Jobs & No Accountability sums up the Obama administration, they are the Rock stars and can do as they please while the working class pays the price. Its also a sham that the major news networks are not harping on this.

Less Than 13% Of Stimulus Funds Going To Job-Creating Projects. "The state reported $770 million in stimulus receipts as of May 8. About $672 million went toward Medicaid and $98 million to unemployment compensation. An additional $97.7 million has been committed to road and bridge projects that the stimulus program will reimburse." (Debra Erdley, "Pennsylvania Has No Way to Report Abuse of Federal Stimulus Funds," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, (3/21/09).

STATES WITH HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT ARE NOT SEEING STIMULUS FUNDS

Government Has Spent Only About $7.42 Per Person In States With High Unemployment; North Dakota, With Lowest Unemployment Rate, Has Received About $26 Per Person. "Even so, the first contracts have amounted to only about $7.42 per person on average in the eight states with unemployment rates higher than 10% last month. By comparison, government records show it has awarded about $26 worth of contracts per person in North Dakota, whose unemployment rate is the nation's lowest … [Of the $4 billion worth of government contracts awarded, Pennsylvania has only seen $0.21 per person.]" (Brad Heath, "Stimulus Projects Bypass Hard-Hit States," USA Today, 5/28/09)

Archived