THE BROWNS BOARD

Heard On NFL Network on Sirrus

plumcrazy73

That Anderson got hurt today did not sound like a big season ender though I don't remember what it was exactly.

easy leg......just making the counterpoint......

you can't have your cake and eat it too......this QB debate has been fun to watch, i must say. each side making the same arguments as the other....twisting stats, and posting opinions as fact.

im only pointing out the hypocrisy.....

there's been plenty of QB's play through various hand injuries with success.....so i guess that means either quinns a pussy or he sucks?

for the record, i wanna see quinn play. this needless bashing just gets old and pathetic.....

Ok, but it would only be an effective counterpoint if people were:

a. Blaming DA's poor performance on his torn MCL (impossible b/c he didn't play with the injury)

and

b. claiming that an MCL isn't necessary part of the picture for a QB, and therefore calling DA "a pussy, for not rubbing some dirt on it & getting back out there."

These silly stat & situational tit-for-tat's are becoming absurd. We agree on that. I just chime in when I get fed up with it, because to me last season, we had 1 QB that was healthy for 1 game & looked like an NFL QB in that game, and another QB that was healthy for 9 games and only looked like an NFL QB only 1 monday night v. the Giants. A game which I still have on the DVR (and nearly initiated a divorce when my wife tried to delete it to make room) and will keep there until we win a playoff game.

It is people throwing in the ton of potential part I have a problem with. I can agree that DA has at least a track record to make a evaluation. BQ does not. I can agree that it is fair to say you DO NOT KNOW what kind of QB BQ is but I have not seen much to say he has a ton of potential. He deserves the chance to prove if he has a ton of potential. Dont throw out his college stats to say he has potential, they mean nothing. Every QB torched Denver last year so you can't really throw that one out either. Lets just say that you do not like what you have seen out of DA and that you would like to see what you might have in BQ. But, don't try and say that he has a TON of potential. Let us see how he plays this year (as I do think he will win the starting job) and then say if he has a ton of potential or not.

It is people throwing in the ton of potential part I have a problem with. I can agree that DA has at least a track record to make a evaluation. BQ does not. I can agree that it is fair to say you DO NOT KNOW what kind of QB BQ is but I have not seen much to say he has a ton of potential. He deserves the chance to prove if he has a ton of potential. Dont throw out his college stats to say he has potential, they mean nothing. Every QB torched Denver last year so you can't really throw that one out either. Lets just say that you do not like what you have seen out of DA and that you would like to see what you might have in BQ. But, don't try and say that he has a TON of potential. Let us see how he plays this year (as I do think he will win the starting job) and then say if he has a ton of potential or not.

Every player in the NFL has potential, they wouldn't be there if they didn't. Even DA has's potential, its weather you live up to your potential that will allow for longevity in the league.

Sure Denver's D got torched last year, but that was Quinn's first start. If you watched that game knowing it was his first start; then thinking if he's this good in his first game, imagine what he could do with a season under his belts. Thats his potential

I agree we dont really no what we have with Quinn due to lack of playing time and injuries, but the time's he did play while healthy he certainly showed potential

Well at least the manwagoners have a ready made excuse for him to suck it in training camp.

Even worse Inspecta,

Someone might decide they found an excuse to welch on their avatar bet. :rolleyes:

Archived