THE BROWNS BOARD

What will satisfy you this year?

DawgTracker

I know that a miracle could happen this year and the Browns win the superbowl. I also know that is very unlikely with the turnover we have had in the past two years.

I will always be rooting for a playoff berth and it could happen.

But, here are some things that I would really like to see happen which show that we are a team ready to make a run:

1) Good QB play, siginficantly more TD passes than turnovers

2) Beating the Steelers

3) Positive turnover ratio versus opposition

4) Top 15 defense in all categories

If we can do these four things and finish with 6 wins or more I will feel like the Browns are ready to make a move. I'm not sure it is in the Browns' interest to finish with more than 6 wins, it might impact the draft

Besides wins how else will you measure the success of this upcoming season?

I want competitive games. Not just by keeping the scores close, the other team could play conservative when they know we can't score. I want discipline, solid blocking and tackling without stupid mistakes. With that, we should be in every game regardless of the opponent.

I would love to see a team take the field every game ready to play. Look like a professional team that has prepared and ready to give everything they have on every play. NO MORE RetardED MISTAKES. A team that is mentally and physically ready every week. A team that has studied their opponent and ready to counteract every action taken by the other team. I'm tired of this come out for a 1 o'clock game and halfway through the 2nd quarter they realize the game started and we are already down 14-3. Most importantly a team that is ready to make it a rivalry again and beat the bejesus out of Pittsburgh and do it with a stout defense the way they do to us at least once a year. An added bonus would be to shut up the NFL analysts that seem to think CLE is the laughing stock of Ohio.

1) Good QB play, siginficantly more TD passes than turnovers

2) Beating the Steelers

3) Positive turnover ratio versus opposition

4) Top 15 defense in all categories

1. Unless it is is 7 TDs to 1 pick, then give me 35/25

2. Win the division, I don't care about beating the Steelers. The bad team is usually the one who considers the others a top rival.

3. Sounds good

4. I don't care where we rank as long as we hold them to fewer points than we score on a game by game average..

I want to see a more fundamentally sound, disciplined team with a "fire in it's belly". AGGRESSIVE defense & an attacking offense that runs hard & wears down the opponents defense.

Indifference may have been ok with previous regimes, but I don't think it is with this one.

Mike

other than wins.. top 16 in offense and defense. We finished 31st in offense so that is a huge leap of 17 spots just to make the tail end of that. We finished 26th in defense last year. That is a 10 spot jump. These would both be HUGE accomplishments.. Do we have the talent to do that? I'm not sure. We are going to be very young on offense whoever starts at qb. We also will be young at WR as young guys will be getting a LOT of playing time and (hopefully) RB. Fortunately Mangini has shown he will play young players and rookies.. (thank goodness for that)

As for wins.. I think 6-7 is about is.. Hope they prove me wrong. (leaning toward more wins of course) Tough Schedule from the look of it right now.

I want a team with some damn discipline; one that will not look completely lost in getting a play off in the Red Zone; one without penalties all over the damn place one with passion and one without a QB who craps all over himself with INT(s) with the playoffs on the line…I want a God d-mn football team that will put it all on the line with passion and heart!….pardon my French guys I have been drinking

I want a team that plays the whole game and when they are up they keep playing to win, not playing not to lose. I hate the prevent defense. Go with what got you there. I can't remember one single game that we won playing prevent. PLAY TO WIN!!!

I want the same things all browns fans want...a team thats disciplined and gives it everything they got (as a team)game in and game out.. i want to see our guys having fun on the field again...;)

I dont expect miricles but i really want to see fair improvement across the board..

article-0-004AEAA300000258-553_306x537.jpg

I'm sorry but my patience is running out. I refuse to be even slightly satisfied until I see The Browns hoist one of these.

If the Pittzbugg Steewuzz can make it to the wildcard game and then grab all the marbles like they did to get their fifth Lombardi, Cleveland can too.

No. I didn't have a drink. Or more.

article-0-004AEAA300000258-553_306x537.jpg

I'm sorry but my patience is running out. I refuse to be even slightly satisfied until I see The Browns hoist one of these.

If the Pittzbugg Steewuzz can make it to the wildcard game and then grab all the marbles like they did to get their fifth Lombardi, Cleveland can too.

No. I didn't have a drink. Or more.

I am with you. I'm not getting any younger, and I want to see the Browns, or any Cleveland team win it all NOW. We deserve a championship in something, being loyal fans over all these years has gotten us squat, we need a championship NOW. I hate "wait till next year." :angry:

First off, we NEED to beat Pittsburgh, im so sick of the black and YELLOW and all their inbred bastard fans talking shit. Not only beat them, but do it in a way that Big Gay Ben shits himself when he sees brown and orange running at him.

Second, to know Shittsburgh out of the playoffs and get there ourselves. I think with everyone having such low expectations for us this year compared to most NFL analysts giving us good reviews last year, we can shut them the hell up and play aggressively and win football games.

Also, it is nice to have a coach who knows how to produce a productive offense and get us TD's every damn game! Every coach we've had, it seems like have been a defensive-oriented coach, bout time we get our offense some work.

I'd like to see the draft class of 2009 kick ass and take names. Alex Mack is a future pro-bowler and it would be nice to see Brian Robiskie be a productive no 2 WR next to BE and make some big plays. I also have high expectations for Veikune and Carey.

BE needs to get his head out of his ass this year, and catch the damn ball. I swear to god if he drops anymore passes, I will shoot somebody.

PS. BQ will be MVP and make the Pro Bowl

I'm a glass half full type of person :D

How about having a starting QB at the start of next season.

How about 2 1000yd. backs ready to go at the start of next year.

How about a defense that can't wait to to improve on a top 10 finish.

I'll settle for an offense that can score a TD or 2.(per quarter. <_< )

I don't want to see so many drop balls like last year, better play calling would be a beautiful and getting to the QB. I was so sick of watching games and the other team QB is just standing in the pocket looking at every reciever twice before he throws a TD.

I won't be totally satisfied until there's a championship. In the interim, we can start by being able to watch a team that isn't an embarassment. Put up or shut up. No trash talking arrogant bluster until you can prove it on the field, boys. Play solid football that keeps us in every game. Give the home town crowd a reason to get back into the game so "home field advantage" starts to mean something in Cleveland. I really am sick and tired of Cleveland teams being on the embarrassing end of the highlight reels. (That's why LeBron's shot was so refreshing.)

Next up: Beat the Steelers. Into the ground. Third: Embarrass the Ravens. Fourth: Don't overlook that southern Ohio team. Beat them too. A team that can pull off an exciting comeback is fun to watch but I'd rather teams be filled with dread knowing they may never get ahead. I'd rather walk out of the stadium thinking "take that!" instead of "thank God." (Though I would take "thank God" over "OMG" or "Duh.")

I want to see a team with stamina that can stand toe to toe with any other team until the last second ticks off the clock. I want to see a team that plays with passion not just for a paycheck or the next headline or an endorsement deal or a celebrity babe on one's arm. You want to see your feet on a red carpet, fella? Buy a red carpet. All I care about is good, tough, intelligent football. I do not care if your fanny ever touches the couch of a late night tv host. Play good football and save the idiotic penalties for your weekend croquet game.

Make tailgating an anticipatory celebration again instead of an exercise in numbness against the inevitable pain. Make it worthwhile to make the trip from SC to Ohio again.

I think that's it.

!? you really don't care about beating the Steelers?

can't speak for him, but i dont. its not a rivalry anymore.....its a desire to win based solely on getting handled by Pitt for 5 straight seasons.

its a very lopsided situation. the hate might be mutual, but pitt fans dont really care about cleveland much beyond laughing at us. they have a hate for NE and SD.

I know that a miracle could happen this year and the Browns win the superbowl. I also know that is very unlikely with the turnover we have had in the past two years.

I will always be rooting for a playoff berth and it could happen.

RAC always used to say "we need to play harder" mainly because we were just incapable of playing SMARTER all the while he was here.

I think we have a STRONGER nucleus of players in these guys:

Shaun Rogers

Rod Hood

Eric Wright

Braylon Edwards (nobody esle ever showed me 16 TD receptions so Hell yes!)

Joe Thomas

Eric Steinbach

Alex Mack

I ALSO expect to see REMINDERS of the Wimbley we saw before he had too many RAC brakes thrown on his ambition. 11 sacks as a wide eyed rookie should never have us seeing the gloom and doom the last coaching staff generated out of this kid.

More promise? We have brought in a few KEY guys from a Jets starting defensive rotation that won double digits in 2008. That plus the experience they already have in Mangini's defense.

Breakouts Anticipated:

Brady Quinn - We averaged 30 points per game in his first 2 starts while DA was 0-3 in his first 3 starts.

Jerome Harrison - 3 touches a game from this home run threat = a well deserved plank for RAC

D'Qwell Jackson - He's getting there BUT I still want MORE plays near the line of scrimmage NOW that he has Rogers occupying blockers. Ryan always seems to get GOOD LBer play without having a Shaun Rogers to make it possible. DQ needs to gain 1 step in his initial reaction time so I can see more textbook tackles involving the shoulder pads just prior to wrapping the arms around the ballcarriers. MOST of that is just getting where he needs to be a LITTLE bit faster. I'd rather have him closer to Ray Lewis than reminding me of Wali Rainer. Getting there LATE doesn't lead to forced fumbles. It's not the tackle VOLUME I get impressed with as much as tackle quality. He's improving every year and I think Ryan accelerats his production to where I'll say THAT is eggs-actly what I want.

The WR Corps added more talented youth that should only get better with every passing week. This will be FUN to see who becomes the reliable 2nd receiver to Edwards.

The FACT that I've been a Browns' fan since 1964 doesn't make me HARD to please. That said, my tolerance for seeing DUMB football players in key positions has reached a threshold. I think the NEW brass has the RIGHT idea when they keep speaking about going after more cognitively efficient football players. The days of watching screen passes going for TD passes to the opponent or seeing d-linemen jump offside multiple times in 1 football game are hopefully behind us.

If we play more intelligent football in 2009, I'm VERY confident about the exchange value it will provide.

- Tom F.

beat shitzpuke and make the playoffs,,,smarter QB play...run the ball...and stop the run!

Archived