THE BROWNS BOARD

Shaq Diesel to Cavs?

2yy4u

You gotta pull the trigger on this if it's really available right now....imagine how much more entertaining the Cavs pre-game will be too! Let's build so we can beat the Magic...this would be about the only guy that can POSSIBLY give Dwight some fits and guard him man-to-man.

I'm just wondering why the Suns would trade Shaq.

He bogs their lineup down. The Suns are a West Coast running team and even a guy like Pavlovic could have a nice little resurrection in that envorionment. Wallace and Shaq are nothing but contract washes, although Wallace could still serve a purpose on defense.

I'd like to have him, and was a big supporter for trading Wally for him last year. But it doesn't make any sense to me for the Suns to trade him for Sasha Pavlovic. Yeah, he's on his last legs, but that huge body who can give you 18 and 8 with solid D, not to mention all the marketing benefits...Ferry will have to strap on a pair to get it done.

Sign Hedo Turkoglu when he declares for free agency.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4260167

Just imagine him, Shaq, LBJ and Mo Williams on the court.

Why we are at it, let's sign Kobe, Rasheed, Prince and Okafer. Because there is no such thing as a salary cap. Face it people, this was our last shot at a championship. This isn't fantasy basketball.

I can't believe Wally is even a conversation in here anymore. He's gone, he sucks balls and always has with the Cavs. It's players like him and Wallace that are WAY past the END of their prime and off the bench, single handedly lost the series for us. Our bench sucks period.

Guest TheJokersWILD

Shaq would have been a perfect addition THIS year not for next year when he is another year older. Shaq IMO would have been the difference in at least one of the Orlando games and who knows, with a game 7 back in Cleveland I would have liked our chances.

Welp, since it "was our last shot a championship", I guess we should just disband the team, throw in the towel. Lets have the Cavs go somewhere else, because it was our last shot at a championship. There's no way they'll ever get better or sign another player. Best record in the NBA, MVP of the League, only lost 2 home games, literally a couple of plays away from a championship, but I guess the Cavs are done now.

/sarcasm

Give me a freaking break. If they'll try and trade for a guy like Shaq, they'll try and pay a proven veteran and championship caliber player like Turkoglu.

a proven veteran and championship caliber player like Turkoglu.

I'll just let it be known that Turkoglu's douchebaggery comes close to the level of the entire 2007 Pistons roster. I don't want that guy anywhere near my team.

I can't remember which ESPN guy said it, but apparently the Suns are wanting someone like possibly Delonte thrown in the deal and that is where the hang-up is in this trade...I think the Cavs would be crazy to throw in a guy like West, unless, and this is the only way, we know that we can sign Turkey-glue when he opts out and becomes a free agent. Snow balls chance I know. Crazier shat has happened.

I wouldn't be supprised to see the Cavs make a deal and land Jason Kidd, albeit four years too late. I remember him saying a couple months ago after the Cavs worked the Mavs over that he would take less and even come off the bench if he had a chance to play with Lebron. This is the kind of thing I like to see, we are getting to that point when players will take less to come and try to win a championship/have the opportunity to play with LBJ. I am not saying I want J Kidd, but I think that this an amazing sign considering 5 years ago, we couldn't pay anyone enough to come and play for Cleveland.

To Danny Ferry:

Key to a guaranteed championship next year...make a deal happen for Chris Bosh somehow.

Welp, since it "was our last shot a championship", I guess we should just disband the team, throw in the towel. Lets have the Cavs go somewhere else, because it was our last shot at a championship. There's no way they'll ever get better or sign another player. Best record in the NBA, MVP of the League, only lost 2 home games, literally a couple of plays away from a championship, but I guess the Cavs are done now.

/sarcasm

Give me a freaking break. If they'll try and trade for a guy like Shaq, they'll try and pay a proven veteran and championship caliber player like Turkoglu.

Listen numbnuts no one is denying the facts except for you. They were the best team in the league winning against 80% from teams under 500. What happened when they played teams over 500. The Cavs were barely over 500. What is the Cavs cap at? Enough said.

Dude I love the Cavs, but I am being realistic. LOOK AT THE CAP. There are alot of if's there. Is Wallace retiring, what about trading Z and Pavs? There are too many ifs.

I can't remember which ESPN guy said it, but apparently the Suns are wanting someone like possibly Delonte thrown in the deal and that is where the hang-up is in this trade...I think the Cavs would be crazy to throw in a guy like West, unless, and this is the only way, we know that we can sign Turkey-glue when he opts out and becomes a free agent. Snow balls chance I know. Crazier shat has happened.

I wouldn't be supprised to see the Cavs make a deal and land Jason Kidd, albeit four years too late. I remember him saying a couple months ago after the Cavs worked the Mavs over that he would take less and even come off the bench if he had a chance to play with Lebron. This is the kind of thing I like to see, we are getting to that point when players will take less to come and try to win a championship/have the opportunity to play with LBJ. I am not saying I want J Kidd, but I think that this an amazing sign considering 5 years ago, we couldn't pay anyone enough to come and play for Cleveland.

To Danny Ferry:

Key to a guaranteed championship next year...make a deal happen for Chris Bosh somehow.

LOL, THIS ISN"T FANTASY BASKETBALL PEOPLE! Too funny. Let's get Kid, trade for Bosh, sign Boozer and Kobe, then were set with a $150 million payroll.

Guest TheJokersWILD
I'll just let it be known that Turkoglu's douchebaggery comes close to the level of the entire 2007 Pistons roster. I don't want that guy anywhere near my team.

You mean you wouldn't want a clutch player anywhere near this team just because you think he is a douchebag??? :huh: I'll take Turkeyhead over a brokendown Shaq anyday

He's the 3rd best player on a team that didn't win a title, he signed a really good deal with the Magic a few years ago, has had a couple pretty good years and an "epic" playoff run where he averaged less than 16, 5 and 5 shooting 42%. Now he thinks he's a superstar, is about to bail on an incredibly promising franchise, and someone is going to give him team-changing money at 5 years and $60M.

And he's a douchebag. Absolutely no interest.

Guest TheJokersWILD
He's the 3rd best player on a team that didn't win a title, he signed a really good deal with the Magic a few years ago, has had a couple pretty good years and an "epic" playoff run where he averaged less than 16, 5 and 5 shooting 42%. Now he thinks he's a superstar, is about to bail on an incredibly promising franchise, and someone is going to give him team-changing money at 5 years and $60M.

And he's a douchebag. Absolutely no interest.

you have some good points. My point is that if he can deliver like he did this year in the playoffs for us next year thn having him and LeBron on the floor will cause some major headaches for other teams. He fits the mold of the player we need across from lebron, a big guy who can create his own shots and can also hit the clutch shot not to mention LeBron can also hit the clutch shot. I don't want another player that used to be good and is now way past his prime (B.Wallace, Wally, McGinest for the Browns :lol: ) Turkaglu can at least give us some badly needed scoring.

you have some good points. My point is that if he can deliver like he did this year in the playoffs for us next year thn having him and LeBron on the floor will cause some major headaches for other teams. He fits the mold of the player we need across from lebron, a big guy who can create his own shots and can also hit the clutch shot not to mention LeBron can also hit the clutch shot. I don't want another player that used to be good and is now way past his prime (B.Wallace, Wally, McGinest for the Browns :lol: ) Turkaglu can at least give us some badly needed scoring.

Don't necessarily want Turky-lou at his asking price but another thing he would bring is something the Cavs got exposed for in the playoffs-height on the perimeter.

Listen numbnuts no one is denying the facts except for you. They were the best team in the league winning against 80% from teams under 500. What happened when they played teams over 500. The Cavs were barely over 500. What is the Cavs cap at? Enough said.

Dude I love the Cavs, but I am being realistic. LOOK AT THE CAP. There are alot of if's there. Is Wallace retiring, what about trading Z and Pavs? There are too many ifs.

Obvious troll, that's fine. I'm saying that the Cavs can and will get better and they have a lot to build on. You just seem content to go into a hole and be negative.

I don't know if we got exposed by the lack of height. Delonte did a pretty good job on Turkoglu (39% FG in the series), and LeBron is definitely capable of guarding Lewis if Brown would just let him. It wouldn't have mattered much if the Magic had Earl Boykins, Spud Webb and Mugsy Bogues on their team, we gave them all kinds of wide open 3s. Pietrus especially seemed like he never had a man within 5 feet of him (while he shot 47% from 3).

If Mike would've just went with a more simple man to man-ish defense instead of trying to be cute with his Dwight-centric D, we still could've won the series.

Going into game 6 there was only a +2 point difference in the favor of the Magic. 3 games literally were decided in the last few seconds of the game and by only 2 points or less. The series could have really gone either way and very easily have been 4-1 Cavs or 4-0 Magic. Would have been a different story if every game was decided by 15 or 20 points. It was unfortunate that the Cavs blew big 1st half leads in a couple of those games.

Yeah, lost all my posts when the forum switched and I changed users. I've been a reader for several years now. It's irrelevant how many posts I have. Now it's even more obvious you're trolling than it was before. Did you really make a post just to tell me how many posts I have?

I really am looking forward to what the Cavs do this offseason. I hope they pick up the pieces they need to make another good run.

Archived