THE BROWNS BOARD

WOULD YOU PLAY IN THE PRO BOWL?

Sez.EJ

The Pro Bowl will be played in between the conference championsip game and the superbowl.

Question: Suppose you are a player on a team going to the superbowl. Would you play? Here is why I ask that..

A. Would you risk injury to play in the probowl and miss out on the SUPERBOWL? Not me

B. Would you leave your team who is practicing daily to prepare for the biggest game of the year to play in an exhibition game?

C. Would you really want to tick off you coach and teamates who are working hard for the superbowl to play in the Pro Bowl

** did the NFL give this any thought???? Myself..there is no way I would play in this game if my team was preparing for a superbowl. I would want to be watching as much film as possible of my opponent, being there for practice, working on new plays etc. working out my aches and pains with trainers who know me. There are enough distractions already with travel arrangments, media day, getting tickets for family and friends...now they want you to take time off to play in an exhibition game..

Who else thinks this is really dumb?

I agree its a bad idea..as a player on a team thats in the playoffs i would have to pass on the probowl...and most playoff teams have several probowl players it could really put those players between a rock and a hard place....

I think they have already determined that players on those teams won't participate.

Just allows for more alternates to be named, which in many cases helps them.

The intention is to garner more interest in the game. If it takes place during the off week, it keeps people more interested. After the SB people are done with football usually.

I like it. It gives more people the opportunity to play in the game, especially those that are notoriously overlooked because about 8 guys from each SB team make the squad.

I agree about football being over and it might up the ratings. Shoot, I might even watch.

I still think they should just dump the game all together.

Hell why not make it a double header and play it the same day as the SB, a little warm up game right before the SB.

It shouldn't be a real game.

If anything it should be a ceremony/celebration. Maybe throw in a flag football game or skills challenge.

The Pro Bowl will be played in between the conference championsip game and the superbowl.

Question: Suppose you are a player on a team going to the superbowl. Would you play? Here is why I ask that..

A. Would you risk injury to play in the probowl and miss out on the SUPERBOWL? Not me

B. Would you leave your team who is practicing daily to prepare for the biggest game of the year to play in an exhibition game?

C. Would you really want to tick off you coach and teamates who are working hard for the superbowl to play in the Pro Bowl

** did the NFL give this any thought???? Myself..there is no way I would play in this game if my team was preparing for a superbowl. I would want to be watching as much film as possible of my opponent, being there for practice, working on new plays etc. working out my aches and pains with trainers who know me. There are enough distractions already with travel arrangments, media day, getting tickets for family and friends...now they want you to take time off to play in an exhibition game..

Who else thinks this is really dumb?

In the proposal, Super Bowl participants would maintain their "Pro Bowl" designation, but would not be invited to participate in the game. They would be replaced by alternates for the purpose of the game. The alternates would also receive "Pro Bowl" status.

-jj

Guest TheJokersWILD
How about dropping the final pre-season game, and making that game the Pro-Bowl week? People would probably watch then.

I can see that it doesn't get many viewers now. I've never watched it due to 'post-Super Bowl blues'.

Also make the Pro-Bowl Mean something. Instead of playing at a neutral site in the SB, which ever conference wins NFC or AFC, then the team representing whichever conference wins gets to play on thier home field.

Archived