THE BROWNS BOARD

Brandon Marshall---Merged threads

Dirty Hands

Heard about this one on the local sports talk show this morning--odd that the Browns would make it onto the radio in Knoxville, but there it is.

Terrible idea on the face of it. The hosts seemed to think that getting Marshall would grease the wheels for the Browns lowering the asking price for Edwards, which would be an even worse idea. Trade a guy who went from a Pro Bowler to having a lousy year for a lousy team--but who still has a ton of potential, IMO--for a guy who's one girlfriend's black eye from having Goodell bring down the Hammer of God on him (call it a hunch, but he's the kind of repeat offender that the league would like to make an example of). Given the guy's track record, I wouldn't want him even if they didn't trade Edwards; I'm just not that excited about Edwards on one side and Marshall on the other, regardless of how talented Marshall is.

Cribbs suffered from the general crappiness of the team last year; he's not a guy who had one good year and then became mediocre. He can still return if he gets blocks, still tackles like a demon, and is the kind of guy you want on your team. Marshall will end up having some good games wherever he lands but will end up getting a big-time suspension when (not if) he roughs up his girlfriend again.

Dennis

Well, there's one thing about that rumor that definitely ain't true: Edwards going to Baltimore as a result.

No chance of Kokinis handing over a talent like Edwards to a division rival. No freaking way.

Phil Savage doesn't work here any more, so that pipeline is over with and I would assume Ozzie knows that Kokinis/Mangini isn't the easy mark that Savage/Crennel proved to be.

The pick up of this Costanza guy has me worried.

He's a ST tackling machine like Cribbs.

Im sorry but... for trade value alone Id take Bm for cribbs.

Thats an extra first round pick next year.

I would take Marshall over Stallworth any day of the week, he may not be a perfect fit under Mangini but he is a better fit than Stallworth.

On the plus side he did actually play football the past couple of years, Stallworth was to hungover.

I would take Marshall over Stallworth any day of the week

Shit, forget Stallworth. I'd probably take Marshall over Edwards any day of the week.

It's not that BE isn't a great WR in my estimation (when focused), but Marshall plays way tougher than most, if not all WR in the league and probably has better hands than Edwards (think Boldin with more speed). I believe Marshall could be the best WR in the NFL with more focus/less dicking around/time.

it would be great for the short term, "cribbs for a pro bowl caliber WR" looks like a deal you do right away on paper.

but this guy, like people have said before, can easily bring lots of controversy if not a suspension.

I'd rather just develop our young WRs like robiskie, massaquoi, than to bring in a trouble maker(as talented as marshall is).

I would still take Marshall over Boldin, since the big hit Boldin took last year he has not been the same player.

So not true

He had 186 yds vs the seahawks after the hit

He had 2-2 td games vs. carolina and san fran after the hit

He's a soldier

Heard the Browns were interested last night on NFL network...there is "Smoke". Take him and give him the contract he deserves ...and put ALOT of stipulations in terms of behaviour, expection, AND conduct. 1 of Top wr in all of football. so sick of " lets develop our young unproven CRAP" back to back 100 yards receptions.!

Take him and give him the contract he deserves ...and put ALOT of stipulations in terms of behaviour, expection, AND conduct.

Have you seen how many times this guy has had the cops called to his house because of domestic violence? And now that he has a "new" fiance, it happened with her as well. This goes beyond "young player" type shit. The kid is gonna get suspended soon. Count on it. No thanks!

His ex must be on crack to have stayed with him through the first beaten. And for her idiot dad cryn about nobody careing about his daughter, she kept going back to his stupid ass. She has got to be one of the dumbest bitches i have ever seen. But no way in hell would I want that thug in a Browns uniform

Archived