THE BROWNS BOARD

Note to Zombo on Cleveland Fans

The Gipper

F

hey Freak, and you are one, you blast us and yet you lurk around our board with your BS. 99% of discussion here is about our team and the passion we feel for them not your towel waving nonsense.

73,000 week in week out irrespective of results says everything you need to know. Of course we want more and will get it but when it comes those that witness it will have been there throughout not just jumping on the W train like your bunch of armchair "fans". I bet you have loads of fans who travel the globe to be part of your great fanbase.

Jealousy is ugly and even uglier in piss yellow and black.

The Green Eyed Mosnter Lives in CLEVELAND Howie... Totally Hilarious that you would think we (STeeler Fans) have any Longing to be like Cleveland. And I dont Lurk , and am very positive here. You dont see me ripping you guys up. I respect Cleveland and its History. Most on this site KNOW i am not a Troll or ignoramus. I will defend our Fan base however. And You generalize and exaggerate so much about Pittsburghs fans, its sad. And I Know Tons of Browns fans (Like 50) and a Good half of them Follow 2 teams .... So while they remain "Fans" They also , have another team they "Like". Maybe its from the No Team days , I dont know. But dont blow the Holier than Thou BS. The Teams Fans in General are cut of the Same Cloth. Fans are Fans and WINNING will increase you Fans. Thats life... you will see . DAMN you HAVE Seen look at the Tribe !!! They had NO Fans then The Jake and Albert Bell Thome and Co. Happend and BOOM !!! Cleveland is suddenly a baseball town. Fans are Fans !!

*Note to Mods :)

if you delete a post from a moron and I've responded to said post. please feel free to delete my post also. you won't hear any whining from me.

Yeah, some people can't figure out our team great, yours sucks doesn't fly well here. Or nyah, nyah, our fans better than your fans.

The Green Eyed Mosnter Lives in CLEVELAND Howie... Totally Hilarious that you would think we (STeeler Fans) have any Longing to be like Cleveland. And I dont Lurk , and am very positive here. You dont see me ripping you guys up. I respect Cleveland and its History. Most on this site KNOW i aint not a Troll and ignoramus. I will defend our Fan base however. And You generalize and exaggerate so much about Pittsburghs fans, its sad. And I Know Tons of Browns fans (Like 50) and a Good half of them Follow 2 teams .... So while they remain "Fans" They also , have another team they "Like". Maybe its from the No Team days , I dont know. But dont blow the Holier than Thou BS. The Teams Fans in General are cut of the Same Cloth. Fans are Fans and WINNING will increase you Fans. Thats life... you will see . DAMN you HAVE Seen look at the Tribe !!! They had NO Fans then The Jake and Albert Bell Thome and Co. Happend and BOOM !!! Cleveland is suddenly a baseball town. Fans are Fans !!

FoS08, I can honestly say that i do not think we are jealous of you stoolers. Seriously.

Jealousy is not an emotion I have ever encountered from a Browns fan with regard to Pittsburgh. Plenty other emotions for sure but not Jealousy. No one can take your rings away and yes the team has outplayed us in recent history but that does not make us jealous, in the slightest. We just want to beat you. That's all that drives us.

BUT I do think that Pittsburgh knows that our fanbase is better than theirs, you might not admit it but you know deep down inside it's true. Go one, ask yourself honestly now, does the Browns have a more dedicated fanbase than the Stoolers? If you don't go into self denial you will will come up with a yes, the browns are more dedicated to their team than us. The reason being, the whole of the US knows it so don't fight it. Damn, I'm from England and have known it for over 20 years, when it comes to the best fans in the league, it's all about Cleveland.

I also reckon that there is a little bit of you that wants to be a Cleveland fan too, isn't there? be honest with yourself. You can come out on this board, no one will laugh.

Good luck with your impending introspection.

Howie.

The Green Eyed Mosnter Lives in CLEVELAND Howie... Totally Hilarious that you would think we (STeeler Fans) have any Longing to be like Cleveland. And I dont Lurk , and am very positive here. You dont see me ripping you guys up. I respect Cleveland and its History. Most on this site KNOW i aint not a Troll and ignoramus. I will defend our Fan base however. And You generalize and exaggerate so much about Pittsburghs fans, its sad. And I Know Tons of Browns fans (Like 50) and a Good half of them Follow 2 teams .... So while they remain "Fans" They also , have another team they "Like". Maybe its from the No Team days , I dont know. But dont blow the Holier than Thou BS. The Teams Fans in General are cut of the Same Cloth. Fans are Fans and WINNING will increase you Fans. Thats life... you will see . DAMN you HAVE Seen look at the Tribe !!! They had NO Fans then The Jake and Albert Bell Thome and Co. Happend and BOOM !!! Cleveland is suddenly a baseball town. Fans are Fans !!

Cleveland was always a sleeping giant as a baseball market. If you go 40 years without winning anything...not even a single playoff berth, obviously there is going to be some detritus in the fan bases interest. Sure that is human nature. Gee, where could we see another example of that? Hmm....how about amongst Steeler fans from 1933 to 1973. A total losing team whose fan based showed little interest. Then all of a sudden they started winning and gawwwllly gee, all of a sudden their fan base is so good! Imagine that.

Again, the simple point is that we in Cleveland hahave NOT had the titles that Pittsburgh or some other towns have had, yet have maintained equal if not superior support for our teams.

(Why Steeler fans got on a rant about themselves, I don't know. This thread was directed at Cleveland fans for Cleveland fans...and yes, it was a propping up of ourselves for our support of our teams. I don't know why Steeler fan had to get so defensive about it. Do they have a reason to be so defensive? Do they have a reason to be so insecure?

FoS08, I can honestly say that i do not think we are jealous of you stoolers. Seriously.

Jealousy is not an emotion I have ever encountered from a Browns fan with regard to Pittsburgh. Plenty other emotions for sure but not Jealousy. No one can take your rings away and yes the team has outplayed us in recent history but that does not make us jealous, in the slightest. We just want to beat you. That's all that drives us.

BUT I do think that Pittsburgh knows that our fanbase is better than theirs, you might not admit it but you know deep down inside it's true. Go one, ask yourself honestly now, does the Browns have a more dedicated fanbase than the Stoolers? If you don't go into self denial you will will come up with a yes, the browns are more dedicated to their team than us. The reason being, the whole of the US knows it so don't fight it. Damn, I'm from England and have known it for over 20 years, when it comes to the best fans in the league, it's all about Cleveland.

I also reckon that there is a little bit of you that wants to be a Cleveland fan too, isn't there? be honest with yourself. You can come out on this board, no one will laugh.

Good luck with your impending introspection.

Howie.

Ha Ha Ha... Same Basic People. Same basic region. We DONT want to be you guys Good Lord have mercy . Now I have lots of friends who are Browns fans Good Guys and I respect their loyalty . But in NO way shape or form do I agree that Cleveland Fans are "Better" Than Steeler fans. By the way You have NEVER encountered Jealousy in a Browns fan ?? Regarding the Steelers ...ha ha ...come on Man. Your in Deep Denial. The Jealousy is Not to BE A Steeler fan .....NO WAY. But that the Browns had the Success that the Steelers have had ...?? Oh yeah ... that is frequently encountered and evident by the bitterness of all these anti-Steeler posts. Deny that all you want , but the evidence shows the contrary of what you say. And You cant even type STEELERS . Got to use all the derogatory Names .... You see I say CLEVELAND and BROWNS... I don't disrespect your city or Team out of Petty feelings or Hatred. Your actions Speak LOUD and Clear Bro !!

Cleveland was always a sleeping giant as a baseball market. If you go 40 years without winning anything...not even a single playoff berth, obviously there is going to be some detritus in the fan bases interest. Sure that is human nature. Gee, where could we see another example of that? Hmm....how about amongst Steeler fans from 1933 to 1973. A total losing team whose fan based showed little interest. Then all of a sudden they started winning and gawwwllly gee, all of a sudden their fan base is so good! Imagine that.

Again, the simple point is that we in Cleveland hahave NOT had the titles that Pittsburgh or some other towns have had, yet have maintained equal if not superior support for our teams.

(Why Steeler fans got on a rant about themselves, I don't know. This thread was directed at Cleveland fans for Cleveland fans...and yes, it was a propping up of ourselves for our support of our teams. I don't know why Steeler fan had to get so defensive about it. Do they have a reason to be so defensive? Do they have a reason to be so insecure?

A Sleeping Giant ?? Its called WINNING !!!! Come on man... You disrespect US because WINNING brings us "Bandwagon" Fans. And the Indians are "Sleeping Giants as Baseball fans. its WINNING ! That is what I said to begin with FANS are FANS !! You brought this S*** Up Gip.... Come on man your talking out Both sides of you neck !!!!

In another thread it was noted by Zombo that Cleveland fans have gone far and away longer than any other fans in North America in terms of actual "team seasons" without enjoying a championship. The Indians, Cavs, and Browns have gone 126 team seasons since the Browns title in 1964. That does not include the Crusaders and Barons of the NHL that played here. Add those seasons to the total.

Compare the fact that the city of Peetown, Pennsylvania has in the same period won a total of 12 Championships: 6 by the Steelers, 3 by the Penquins, 2 by the Pirates, and one by the Pipers of the ABA.

Again note however that the fans of Cleveland, despite not winning support our area teams in equal if not more fervor than the Peetown black and yellowbellies do. Every football game is sold out. Basketball is sold out. The Indians held the longest game sellout streak in major league history until it was recently surpassed by the Red Sox with their band box stadium.

Despite going longer than any other fan base in North America, Cleveland fans stand by their teams.

Could you imagine if the same thing were to happen in Pittsburgh? I have been to some ghost towns out west. That is what that place would be. Recall that in the early to mid 80s, just after the Steelers had come off 4 titles they ran into a bad stretch of success on the field...maybe going all of .500. They were only getting like 30,000 or 40,000 people coming to their games...after 4 Super Bowl wins! During the 70s when the Browns were doing sucko we were still putting 70,000/80,000 people in the stands. And the same has been true the last 10 years. Could you imagine the empty seats in Steeler Stadium if that team had about 10 consecutive bad seasons? You would find moss growing on their bleachers.

Moral of the story: Cleveland fan, in addition to being the longest suffering in North America, may very well be the best fans in North America.

OK Gipper YOUR words Brother.....

Compare the fact that the city of Peetown, Pennsylvania has in the same period won a total of 12 Championships: 6 by the Steelers, 3 by the Penquins, 2 by the Pirates, and one by the Pipers of the ABA.

ould you imagine if the same thing were to happen in Pittsburgh? I have been to some ghost towns out west. That is what that place would be. Recall that in the early to mid 80s, just after the Steelers had come off 4 titles they ran into a bad stretch of success on the field...maybe going all of .500. They were only getting like 30,000 or 40,000 people coming to their games...after 4 Super Bowl wins! During the 70s when the Browns were doing sucko we were still putting 70,000/80,000 people in the stands. And the same has been true the last 10 years. Could you imagine the empty seats in Steeler Stadium if that team had about 10 consecutive bad seasons? You would find moss growing on their bleachers.

YOUR WORDS.....

And You say you started this Post For and about CLEVELAND fans ????? Dude You call us out in it . How the freak are WE not supposed to be Offended. Obviously Your a Liar ...... Or a Bit Dense ...which is it ??

The browns have more Pro Football Championships than the Steelers do.

I respect the Browns for Their History...and Their Fans of Long suffering Loyalty. It is remarkable as is their Early History. It does not however , Excuse the Chunk of fans they have that act like a bunch of Puzzzies...And whine cry moan and Bitch like Little Girls over the Bully on the Block. Man up and Talk about The Browns" . Drop the obsession with Steel-town and Quit Fabricating all this BS about Pittsburgh . Your True Hard Core Fan Base has to be ashamed of the "Puzzie Faction" in Cleveland Brown- Nation !! Its Embarassing...

I respect the Browns for Their History...and Their Fans of Long suffering Loyalty. It is remarkable as is their Early History. It does not however , Excuse the Chunk of fans they have that act like a bunch of Puzzzies...And whine cry moan and Bitch like Little Girls over the Bully on the Block. Man up and Talk about The Browns" . Drop the obsession with Steel-town and Quit Fabricating all this BS about Pittsburgh . Your True Hard Core Fan Base has to be ashamed of the "Puzzie Faction" in Cleveland Brown- Nation !! Its Embarassing...

Roid rage?

A Sleeping Giant ?? Its called WINNING !!!! Come on man... You disrespect US because WINNING brings us "Bandwagon" Fans. And the Indians are "Sleeping Giants as Baseball fans. its WINNING ! That is what I said to begin with FANS are FANS !! You brought this S*** Up Gip.... Come on man your talking out Both sides of you neck !!!!

If you wish to claim that many fans of the Indians were bandwagon jumpers when they started doing well, I am certainly not going to argue with me. But I think you all miss the simple equation of my argument:

Pittsburgh: many titles (12 since 1964) = good, supportive fans

Cleveland: no titles since 1964 = equally good, supportive fans

Now, in the words of a sage philosopher: Just what is it about that that you don't understand?

OK Gipper YOUR words Brother.....

ould you imagine if the same thing were to happen in Pittsburgh? I have been to some ghost towns out west. That is what that place would be. Recall that in the early to mid 80s, just after the Steelers had come off 4 titles they ran into a bad stretch of success on the field...maybe going all of .500. They were only getting like 30,000 or 40,000 people coming to their games...after 4 Super Bowl wins! During the 70s when the Browns were doing sucko we were still putting 70,000/80,000 people in the stands. And the same has been true the last 10 years. Could you imagine the empty seats in Steeler Stadium if that team had about 10 consecutive bad seasons? You would find moss growing on their bleachers.

YOUR WORDS.....

And You say you started this Post For and about CLEVELAND fans ????? Dude You call us out in it . How the freak are WE not supposed to be Offended. Obviously Your a Liar ...... Or a Bit Dense ...which is it ??

What I am is a master of manipulation. I have manipulated you into showing your true nature, i.e. that even with the recent titles won by teams in Pittsburgh, and the many titles won in the last number of years, you still only have an identity by virtue of your comparison to Cleveland and its fans. Its called reeling in the catch. In the words of that shark from Finding Nemo..."We're having fish tonight!" Perhaps you should change your screen name to Hook, Line, and Sinker

Just out of curiosity, where in Western Pennsylvania did you grow up? Just for a point of reference.

Cleveland fan, in addition to being the longest suffering in North America, may very well be the best fans in North America.

GREAT STUFF Gipper! Thanks!

I can't speak for anyone else but if the Browns EVER made me SUFFER - I would avoid them like I avoid a restaurant that gave me food poisoning. My favorite team is a choice, which of course is no longer a choice. It's unconditional.

Maybe if the Browns were winning Championships the way they used to back in the day - we would all be bored. I can't say for sure but I look at fans that are devoted to the Chicago Cubs and the Cleveland Browns and the first word that comes to mind is LOYAL.

Look no further than the offseason and how frequently so many fans come to this message board to shoot the breeze about OUR favorite team. It's a great place to be!

- Tom F.

Yup, winning cures everything- but you know what pisses me off? The far too many Steeler fans who think the history of the NFL started in 1970. Admit ALL of your history, not just how freaking great you've been lately. And there's selective amnesia about Bubby Brister and other such bombs.

Speaking of Steeler fan loyalty- I have conclusive video evidence from the first game of the 1989 season, in Pittsburgh, you DO remember that one- like Browns 51 Steelers 0? Three Sewers was empty before halftime.

Yup, winning cures everything- but you know what pisses me off? The far too many Steeler fans who think the history of the NFL started in 1970. Admit ALL of your history, not just how freaking great you've been lately. And there's selective amnesia about Bubby Brister and other such bombs.

Speaking of Steeler fan loyalty- I have conclusive video evidence from the first game of the 1989 season, in Pittsburgh, you DO remember that one- like Browns 51 Steelers 0? Three Sewers was empty before halftime.

I'd love to see that video Hoorta!

Ha Ha Ha... Same Basic People. Same basic region. We DONT want to be you guys Good Lord have mercy . Now I have lots of friends who are Browns fans Good Guys and I respect their loyalty . But in NO way shape or form do I agree that Cleveland Fans are "Better" Than Steeler fans. By the way You have NEVER encountered Jealousy in a Browns fan ?? Regarding the Steelers ...ha ha ...come on Man. Your in Deep Denial. The Jealousy is Not to BE A Steeler fan .....NO WAY. But that the Browns had the Success that the Steelers have had ...?? Oh yeah ... that is frequently encountered and evident by the bitterness of all these anti-Steeler posts. Deny that all you want , but the evidence shows the contrary of what you say. And You cant even type STEELERS . Got to use all the derogatory Names .... You see I say CLEVELAND and BROWNS... I don't disrespect your city or Team out of Petty feelings or Hatred. Your actions Speak LOUD and Clear Bro !!

hey FoS, you and I are never going to agree I know that. Of course our fans are better than the Steelers fans (happy with the spelling :)) I can't be bothered carrying on with this argument though, we fill our 73,000 stadium week in week out and whether or not our team's performance deserves this or not, Browns fans do it. I can guarantee you that when the Steelers fall from grace you will not see that in the little yellow mustard pot you call home.

Time will tell again.

Howie.

Archived