THE BROWNS BOARD

Favre Will Be In Purple In '09

Guest 88fingerslewy

the only problem with seeing the human INT machine early in the season is he'll actually be focused and motivated in week one. if we were getting him in weeks thirteen through seventeen, when the season's gone to shit, the vikes are eliminated from the playoffs and he's trying to play poorly enough to get pulled, it'd be a lot easier on the defense, but a motivated, hungry favre is a dangerous man.

we'd better hope the williams wall is suspended for the first four weeks of the season. otherwise, week one is looking more and more like a loss, especially considering the vikes' running game against our D.

the only problem with seeing the human INT machine early in the season is he'll actually be focused and motivated in week one. if we were getting him in weeks thirteen through seventeen, when the season's gone to shit, the vikes are eliminated from the playoffs and he's trying to play poorly enough to get pulled, it'd be a lot easier on the defense, but a motivated, hungry favre is a dangerous man.

we'd better hope the williams wall is suspended for the first four weeks of the season. otherwise, week one is looking more and more like a loss, especially considering the vikes' running game against our D.

True. Let's see if that arm of his gets through pre-season unscathed, I'm off to see their pre-season opponents now.

Its these kind of comments that get me. Maybe if RAC was still here I would think it applies. But this D is not the same anymore. New coaches, new players, other shitty players gone, etc. Its time to stop applying the old regime's labels to this new one until we see what gets put on the field. Who knows, it may turn out to be the best run D in the NFL. It may not. We just don't know.

I see better odds now that the Browns will beat the Vikings on opening day. All Favre is good for anymore is his Wrangler commercials and throwing INT's. Mangini will do all he can to get the Browns ready for that game. He'll want to punish Favre for getting him fired in NY and for wrecking his playoff potential season. Good luck Brett! You should have stayed retired!!!

I don't agree with all the people saying favre will do bad etc, he will do a lot better with the vikings than he did with the jets.

the vikings have adrian peterson, arguably the best RB in the game right now, on the other hand the jets threw the ball probably around 50% or more, so favre won't be throwing INTs if he's just handing it off to peterson who will run it up the gut, and generally herald great performances.

minnesota also has a good WR core, so when favre does throw the ball, he will be throwing it to pretty good receivers... and don't tell me bernard berrian sucks when he had gus frerotte and tavaris jackson throwing to him.

I don't agree with all the people saying favre will do bad etc, he will do a lot better with the vikings than he did with the jets.

the vikings have adrian peterson, arguably the best RB in the game right now, on the other hand the jets threw the ball probably around 50% or more, so favre won't be throwing INTs if he's just handing it off to peterson who will run it up the gut, and generally herald great performances.

minnesota also has a good WR core, so when favre does throw the ball, he will be throwing it to pretty good receivers... and don't tell me bernard berrian sucks when he had gus frerotte and tavaris jackson throwing to him.

I don't totally disagree. But, I do think you are overlooking the fact that the Jets running game wasn't that bad either. And they even had receivers. The problem was that Favre couldn't hit the receivers. He had no problem hitting opposing CB's and Safeties. He is one of the best to ever play the game. I would never disagree with that. But his time has passed. I doubt he even stays healthy through the first half of the season. Some people just don't know when to hang it up. Favre is one of those people. And I think that the Vikes are taking a step backward this season with Favre leading the way.

I should of put money on it before the announcement for them to go to the Superbowl, not saying they will but they have a better chance. The only game I might miss watching a Browns game is Vikings vs Packers (not really)

Are you forgetting how magnificent Favre was last season?

I wouldn't count on anything special out of him this year... especially with that arm injury.

Are you forgetting how magnificent Favre was last season?

I wouldn't count on anything special out of him this year... especially with that arm injury.

He played great the first 8 games. He should only be throwing a fraction of last year, Adrian Peterson baby.

He played great the first 8 games. He should only be throwing a fraction of last year, Adrian Peterson baby.

They're going to give him 35 carries a game and he's going to bust his knee again. He's frickin awesome but runs way too reckless.

They're going to give him 35 carries a game and he's going to bust his knee again. He's frickin awesome but runs way too reckless.

Yea he was already tearing down at the end of last year, could happen. Then Farve will have to go back 40 times a game. If they can keep Farve throwing under 30 times a game and keep Peterson healthy, they will be pretty bad ass. That is a big if.

I just looked at last years stats, in 5 games when Farve threw under 34 passes his QB rating average was about 110. They also won all 5 games.

I don't totally disagree. But, I do think you are overlooking the fact that the Jets running game wasn't that bad either. And they even had receivers. The problem was that Favre couldn't hit the receivers. He had no problem hitting opposing CB's and Safeties. He is one of the best to ever play the game. I would never disagree with that. But his time has passed. I doubt he even stays healthy through the first half of the season. Some people just don't know when to hang it up. Favre is one of those people. And I think that the Vikes are taking a step backward this season with Favre leading the way.

yeah I know thomas jones is a pretty good RB, but they still threw the ball 50% of the time, I don't know if that's the offensive coordinator's fault or what.

yeah I know thomas jones is a pretty good RB, but they still threw the ball 50% of the time, I don't know if that's the offensive coordinator's fault or what.

From what I remember and I could be wrong, but in the losses the Jets had to come from behind a lot.

Sweet, Percy Harvin's fantasy value just went up a bit.

They're not going to take touches from AP to give to percy, Maybe late in the season he'll be a good pickup.

When AP goes down, how often do you think Favre will ave to throw? 50%...60%...70%? Who knows? I do know that, by signing Favre, the Vikings are essentially saying that this is an all or nothing season. They win this year or they rebuild. Because, outside of Favre, they have nobody to develop to be their starter next season! Or to take over this season when Favre's old ancient ass falls apart! He will get hit, and he will get hurt! That's almost a foregone conclusion!

3 things:

Favre still is a good Qb...6 TDs ina game last year aint too shabby

Favre ruined his legacy IMO....Its like Kosar playing for the Steelers...I'd hate him if a packer fan

I loved the guy for many years but I fkn can't stand to hear his name anymore...hope we bash the shit out of him

Guest 88fingerslewy
3 things:

Favre still is a good Qb...6 TDs ina game last year aint too shabby

Favre ruined his legacy IMO....Its like Kosar playing for the Steelers...I'd hate him if a packer fan

I loved the guy for many years but I fkn can't stand to hear his name anymore...hope we bash the shit out of him

Check

Check

And Check!!!!

They're not going to take touches from AP to give to percy, Maybe late in the season he'll be a good pickup.

Harvin is listed as a wideout, so he will get a crap ton of slot passes. I bet he will score a total of 10 tds this year as a KR, WR, RB. He will be a good plug in for bye week. I already have steve smith "carolina" welker and BE so i think i will be good.

Harvin is listed as a wideout, so he will get a crap ton of slot passes. I bet he will score a total of 10 tds this year as a KR, WR, RB. He will be a good plug in for bye week. I already have steve smith "carolina" welker and BE so i think i will be good.

$100 says he doesn't score 10 tds :)

I just hope this means they are going to want to pass a bit more. Any more passing the Vikings do than giving the ball to AD is a good thing, IMO. For all those saying AD wears down too easily, while that may be true, we face him in Week One. I have a hunch that he will be fresh, and may have a chip on his shoulder (we were supposed to take him, lost a lot of money dropping from 3 to 7)

Archived