THE BROWNS BOARD

Raiders look at releasing CB Hall

mole644

Guest Masters

I'll wait till the whole story comes out, but right now, I'd say pass. The guy was moved for being a cancer in ATL, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same case in OAK (all though, how can any player in OAK be a team guy or not disgruntle).

from PFT:

HALL THE FIRST STEP OF A SILVER AND BLACK PURGE?

Posted by Mike Florio on November 4, 2008, 8:46 p.m.

In the wake of the news that the Raiders soon will release cornerback DeAngelo Hall, a league source tells us that as many as 15 other current members of the team could be gone before next year.

The source believes that the purge will include receiver Javon Walker and defensive tackle Tommy Kelly.

As to Hall, we’re told that the reasons given for the move include a desire to devote the money that Hall would receive over the next year ($16.5 million) to inking cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha to a long-term deal, and to sign other players.

Also, don’t be shocked if someone makes a waivers claim on Hall. We’re told that interested teams include the Patriots, Texans, Giants, Redskins, Rams, and Saints. Several teams have the money to pay Hall — and getting him for $16 million in guaranteed money could be regarded as a bargain.

Archived