THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs acquire Shaq in Trade

KardiacKid26

This is actually Browns related ... because now the Browns have exactly one season to break the Cleveland Curse before the Cavs do.

Lebron and Shaq will not be denied. They will grab a long, lean defender on the wing and they will be able to pound Orlando (especially if they don't keep Turk). I don't think Boston will be able to beat them. That leaves the Lakers and Lebron is just not going to be denied his destiny, Shaq will play one more great series and walk away with rings with Kobe, Dwayne and Lebron.

Zombo

--I'm just worried about Shaq slipping on the ice outside his local Winking Lizard.

Guest ATENEARS

It's a step in the right direction. Shaq makes the Cavaliers better.

I just think that Danny Ferry and the Cavs management targeted the wrong team (Celtics) to gear up for down the stretch of last season. That is acceptable going into last season as the Celtics were the 2008 NBA Champs. However, at the nearing of the Trade deadline, it was obvious that we needed help in the paint against Orlando & the Lakers. Shaq was an easy answer, a no-brainer, and the numbers & expiring contracts worked and fit well for both the Cavs & the Suns.

I applaud bringing the big fella in ... but have to wonder how much farther the Cavs could have inched toward an NBA title last season, had they made this trade then.

shaq-and-lebron.jpg

(Shaq Jersey's coming soon to The Browns Store . Com !!)

Great move!

Shaq had a good year last year. 17 points 8 boards a game. Not only that, he had career high's in FT % and career lows in turnovers. Now just a swing man who can hit the 3. I have looked online, I know it's bullshit, but there rumors of Iverson and a sign and trade deal. I would welcome it as long as he knows up front, THIS IS LEBRON'S TEAM.

I'll be honest I thought they couldn't pull it off, I was dead wrong.

Go Cavs!

Besides Cleveland, I used to live in Phoenix, and I am still a Suns fan. I hope Shaq helps you guys and Lebron stays because this trade helped him.

Since I follow the Suns, I will pass along what I have observed about Shaq. The first year (or partial first year) with the Suns, it was pretty much a failed experiment...of course he hadn't played for Miami most of that year due to injury (or the Heat/Heat Fans would say "faked injury" because he was unhappy with the Heat).

The Suns have a GREAT training staff and that's why you saw Shaq's numbers go up last year. He has been saying how he has felt better than he has for years and staying injury free now. Hopefully the Cavs use the same exercises on him.

Also, the Suns tried to alternate him thoughout last year, when they could, NOT to play in back to back games.

Being that he played with Amare last year, I think the transition to playing with Lebron should go pretty smooth.

One last thing, Shaq does NOT play much defense.

This is also good for my Suns who need to dump contracts and rebuild. Rumor has it, that Amare is on the trading block too (from the Suns).

Good Luck Cavs!

As an Irish citizen I am glad to welcome Shaquille O'Neal, the greatest Irish basketball player ever, to Cleveland.

If Larry Bird's not irish i duno what is.

Shaq's the best baller I've ever watched play, even though he's declining in speed he'll help this team immensely and we gave up nothing for him.

DAM ORLANDO...... As if they needed more shooting firepower! Hopefully at least with Shaq VS Howard we dont have to run crazy inside doubles leaving open their 3 point assault....

Wallace or Stoudemire or hell even Turkoglu as another piece would make me happy... Even thought I despise Wallace... We definately have the cap room with Eric Snow falling off the books and Wally willing to renogotiate....

It's a step in the right direction. Shaq makes the Cavaliers better.

I just think that Danny Ferry and the Cavs management targeted the wrong team (Celtics) to gear up for down the stretch of last season. That is acceptable going into last season as the Celtics were the 2008 NBA Champs. However, at the nearing of the Trade deadline, it was obvious that we needed help in the paint against Orlando & the Lakers. Shaq was an easy answer, a no-brainer, and the numbers & expiring contracts worked and fit well for both the Cavs & the Suns.

I applaud bringing the big fella in ... but have to wonder how much farther the Cavs could have inched toward an NBA title last season, had they made this trade then.

shaq-and-lebron.jpg

(Shaq Jersey's coming soon to The Browns Store . Com !!)

Had Harriston had his hand a few inches over, we might have won the Super Bowl.

I guess what I am saying is what might have beens can be never ending.

i hate the trade. shaq's far over the hill, immobile and doesn't defend the pick and roll well. how, in any way, does he help us against the magic (or against any other team with agile big men, for that matter)?

atlanta's cutting salary; josh howard, while mercurial, would have been a far better player to pursue. he's young, blocks shots, can run the floor and is an unstoppable dunker. he could develop the strength to bang with howard or, barring that, is fast and agile enough to harass him like lamar odom did. on top of that, he's 23, so he's got his best years in front of him, and coming to a winning atmosphere like the cavs would only add to his development.

this trade assures us a playoff exit before we get to the finals...again.

i hate the trade. shaq's far over the hill, immobile and doesn't defend the pick and roll well. how, in any way, does he help us against the magic (or against any other team with agile big men, for that matter)?

atlanta's cutting salary; josh howard, while mercurial, would have been a far better player to pursue. he's young, blocks shots, can run the floor and is an unstoppable dunker. he could develop the strength to bang with howard or, barring that, is fast and agile enough to harass him like lamar odom did. on top of that, he's 23, so he's got his best years in front of him, and coming to a winning atmosphere like the cavs would only add to his development.

this trade assures us a playoff exit before we get to the finals...again.

Completely disagree. Shaq takes us to the finals next year. Then he is traded/retires. 20 million off the books on the biggest freeagent year ever. We get LeBron the superstar of his choice and presto, dynasty.

Completely disagree. Shaq takes us to the finals next year. Then he is traded/retires. 20 million off the books on the biggest freeagent year ever. We get LeBron the superstar of his choice and presto, dynasty.

the 20 mil coming off the books in '10 is great and should help us land chris bosh, but shaq can't guard dwight howard. howard's too agile for the old man.

this trade doesn't make us better, happened too early and got rid of the cavs' most valuable asset, ben wallace's expiring deal, for someone who will be, at best, marginally effective this year.

Guest Aloysius

From DraftExpress:

The African Wave stays alive in Spain. One of the last imports made his debut in the Euroleague this past week, and answers by the name of Christian Eyenga. He only stayed on the court for a few minutes, but he plays regularly for Joventut’s related LEB Silver team Prat, where we had the chance to watch him. Unlike most of his continent mates crossing the Mediterranean, Eyenga is not an inside player, but a small forward. Born in 1989, he’s a very athletic guy, listed at 6-5, even if he looks more like 6-6. He enjoys a nice wingspan, shows a nicely built body, not bulky, but ripped and pretty strong, good enough to clash against the veterans he faces on a weekly basis in the Spanish third division (LEB Silver).

Eyenga doesn’t particularly stand out for his skills or basketball IQ. Still, he can knock down three-pointers, even if his high-released jumper is pretty inconsistent (he struggles finding balance in the air to ignite a fluid release). He also shows a very nice first step to beat his opponents off the dribble -although he lacks the ball-handling skills to change directions reliably- and he shows decent criteria passing the ball. At least, he seems aware of what he can do on the court. Defensively, he’s pretty intimidating, and regularly collects spectacular blocks. Still, he sometimes relies too much on his athleticism while defending, not properly doing his job on the ground.

Not likely to develop into a big-time prospect, Eyenga’s athleticism makes him moderately intriguing as a defensive-oriented small forward (who plays bigger than his size) with –hopefully- a decent outside stroke.

Archived