Michael Jackson RIP

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw that...here is the story

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/mich...90626-cyjb.html

Christine Kellett

June 26, 2009 - 8:30AM

Pop star Michael Jackson has died after suffering a heart attack, it has been reported.

Media reports have said the star, 50, was taken to hospital in Los Angeles, California, after he was found not breathing following a suspected heart attack in his Bel Air home earlier.

The LA Times said Jackson was pronounced dead by doctors after arriving at a hospital in a deep coma, according to city and law enforcement.

Celebrity website TMZ said 911 operators received an emergency call about 12.12pm local time (5.12am AEST).

"We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back," the website reported.

Jackson is believed to have gone into cardiac arrest and paramedics performed CPR on him en route to UCLA hospital.

The website quoted family members as saying the Thriller singer was in "really bad shape."

"We just got off the phone with Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, who says 'he is not doing well.'' the website had earlier reported.

Jackson was reportedly planning a comeback and was living in Los Angeles while rehearsing a series of sold-out shows in London. It is believed he had recently passed an extensive physical health check by insurers in order to complete the concerts.

Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics had rushed to the singer's $100,00-a-month rented home near Sunset Boulevard to find him not breathing, according to the LA Times.

Michael has three children, Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr, Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson II.

More to come...

Guest ATENEARS

I'm a fan of Michael Jackson ... freaking guy was an icon back when he was black.

There has already been three: Ed McMahon, Farrah & Mike

Okay he turned weird.. weird as shit.. but keep in mind he wasn't proven guilty to warrant the garbage "child molester" rips some of you are throwing his way.

I'll go ahead and remember him as the man behind the greatest pop album ever!

RIP K.O.P.

I know the point you're trying to make, but he could have made the choice not to do it.

As i said BEFORE somebody deleated what i said....he didn't have a choice.

Still waiting for a answer.

I don't mind bullsmack being deleted, but when legit comments start being deleted, it makes me a little irritated.

So??? Still seeking a answer.

I will post it again, and you can delete it again....and I will keep posting it until you kick me off this friggen board...He was just a messed up kid.

If a person can be born with homosexual traits, a person can be born a pedophile. I don't think one wakes up one morning and decides to have sex with a child. It is simply a sexual deviation some people have.

Unfortunately for them and their victims, it just doesn't work in any form of society since their sexual attraction is with people far to young to have any concept of what is happening.

Please note...I am not comparing homosexuality to pedophilia other than it is a predisposition that I don't think people have much choice in what sexually attracts and arouses them.

They need to be removed from society, no doubt, but you shouldn't hate them. They didn't ask for that when they came in to this world. For the vast majority, I don't think it is any sort of choice at all. It's just a crossing of what we consider normal wires.

Human sexuality is a strange thing at times.

Peen

you sure on this one?

I would feel much better and go to sleep better knowing Pedophiles are put to death on a regular basis.

We may be born one way but to make an evil decision to touch a kid and then follow thru with it is worthy of painful death.

You can never be a kid again when that sh i t happens. Kill them all. On a different note, i don't beleive he was ever convicted though.

Woke up to hear Shaq was a Cav ... Shaquille O'Neal a Cleveland Cavalier. Finally a championship for one of my beloved Cleveland teams? Finally? Please? Maybe?

And then the all-time pin-up babe of the 70's, Farrah Fawcett dies, bringing back good memories of those late 70's Summers: the hair, the teeth .... and yes, let's say it ... the nipples.

And then on the way home from work I hear Michael Jackson died. Was never a "fan", but always apppreciated his talent. And if you are my age he was simply part of the fabric of life. When I was a little boy it was The Jackson Five, when I was a high school and college student it was the Thriller album and videos. He was the biggest star in the world at one time, there is no doubt ... and was one talented mofo.

Strange day when you get retrospective on your sports fanaticism, your journey through puberty and the soundtrack of your life all in one day ...

Zombo

P.S. I don't know for certain whether he was a pedophile or not, but I know he was one messed-up dude. But I agree with the other posters that this is not the thread, or the time, to rip him to shreds.

Peen

you sure on this one?

I would feel much better and go to sleep better knowing Pedophiles are put to death on a regular basis.

We may be born one way but to make an evil decision to touch a kid and then follow thru with it is worthy of painful death.

You can never be a kid again when that sh i t happens. Kill them all. On a different note, i don't beleive he was ever convicted though.

I am positive.

I am not sticking up for it, but IMHO, for the vast majority, i don't think it is a choice at all.

As I said, I hope the guy finds peace. I don't think he had much of it in this life.

Really man....would you be content with your life if you had a eye for 12 year old boys??

Serious question....no smack or insult intended.

I'm still in shock. No matter what he was in his personal life, MJ was a star from the minute he hit the stage way back in the Jackson 5 days. The guy knew how to work a stage and could write some damned good pop songs. I have a hunch this day for this generation will be comparable to August 16th, 1977 for the Elvis generation. Yeah, he was THAT big.

Doug

I am positive.

I am not sticking up for it, but IMHO for tha vast majority, i don't think it is a choice at all.

As I said, I hope the guy finds peace. I don't think he had much of it in this life.

Really man....would you be content with your life if you had a eye for 12 year old boys??

Serious question....no smack or insult intended.

To act on it is unforgivable.

To forgive is something i would never want to be faced with.

Pedophiles who act on their deviant and evil ways deserve the wrath they shall receive, here or elsewhere. Forgiven or unforgiven.

It is so shocking. Never really liked the dude, was a talent though. And yes I have to admit I used to do the Moonwalk all the time when I was 5.

Let's not look past on how a guy in good condition (besides his face) died this young. The amount of surgeries on himself, I am sure he was addicted to pain pills which I am sure contributed to his death. No?

I can't remember a time when a death was so shocking. This might date me, but one of my first memories was John Lennon's death. I remember my dad yelling "noooooooooo" when I was 4. Just stands out in my memory.

Being the forgiver is the hard one, but it is the position of power. Anybody can condemn a person to death. Not many can forgive them.

Like i said i would never want to be in that position. I also stated that i didn't think they ever convicted the guy either. But i loved that song about food, you know the 'I'm Fat' song

Like i said i would never want to be in that position. I also stated that i didn't think they ever convicted the guy either. But i loved that song about food, you know the 'I'm Fat' song

They didn't.

I was never a fan of the guy, so, I obviously know several tunes when they come on....Thriller....Billy Jean......a few of the Jackson 5 tunes, but I couldn't start naming off more than a few songs.

I might have been one of the few hundred who never bought or borrowed one of his albums.

it seems like it.

I graduated HS in 66, so I was just after some pretty crazy times...

I think each generation faces it's end of of the world moment....be it King Arthur times or President Obama times.

Archived