THE BROWNS BOARD

WHO!?!?!?!?!?!?!

why cant we win

They are saying he wont even see playing time for 2 years or so and is a huge project. DeJuan Blair is still on the board and has "proven" talent so what the heck. You can play him off the bench until he gets ready and then replace Anderson with Blair...but for some reason the Cavs throw away the pick on some guy from the Congo who may or may not play in the NBA at all....unreal.

I pretty much never judge a draft choice, because I know the GMs and whoever know a hell of a lot more about these guys than i do.

But when you have LeBron James, who pretty much holds the entire city in his hands, with his contract running up this year.

You have Shaquille O'Neal on a one-year deal on his last legs.

When you're under the most pressure to win now maybe of any team in sports history....

and you draft a 20 year old from the Democratic Republic of Congo. AND you don't have a 2nd round pick.

That is pretty damn close to worse draft ever status.

well we do have a a 2nd round pick we traded our 2010 2nd round pick for shaq and maybe this guy we got who supposly has huge upside is us preparing for a life with out lebron but i do agree we need a contrubuiter now to go with lebron and shaq for this year and help us bring that title lebron and shaq will need a at premiter helper and shooter

Haven't heard a peep about this guy throughout the whole draft. nbadraft.net had him at #66 on their top 100. Sounds to me like someone we could've picked up with our 2nd rounder instead of wasting it early on.

This was the only video i could find of him (looks like it was made just hours earlier actually)

If there's one thing we can conclude from this video, its that this guy can flat out dunk. Granted it's versus much weaker competition, but he definitely has some eyebrow raising athleticism. His nba comparison is Mickael Pietrus, although he will def need some time to polish his mechanics/fundamentals if he is going to join our team anytime soon. We probably wont hear about him for another 2 years...

When you are picking where the Cavs picked, I like the idea of taking a guy who might develop in to a player down the road rather than a proven guy, but one where you see the ceiling.

This may be a throw away pick....or, the kid might just now be at the start of something big.

I will wait a few years before putting a grade on this.

I don't mind the pick. The kid looks like he has talent. I agree with Peen...Let's give it a couple years before we grade this one. At 30, there really was nobody that you can say will definitely contribute in the playoffs next year. Why not invest that pick in the future? With the pick, the Cavs won't tie up cap space for the next 2 years and they will be able to still go after Bosh. Like I said, I don't mind it. I really liked the pick at #46. Danny Green will get some minutes next season and should be a huge contributer in 2010-11.

I don't mind the pick. The kid looks like he has talent. I agree with Peen...Let's give it a couple years before we grade this one. At 30, there really was nobody that you can say will definitely contribute in the playoffs next year. Why not invest that pick in the future? With the pick, the Cavs won't tie up cap space for the next 2 years and they will be able to still go after Bosh. Like I said, I don't mind it. I really liked the pick at #46. Danny Green will get some minutes next season and should be a huge contributer in 2010-11.

I'm sorry to tell you the future is now. Why you'd select some kid who isn't even going to be in Cleveland for a couple of years, instead of a DuJuan Blair etc, who may not be a future NBA star but perhaps a small contributor now, is beyond me.

It's just a terrible pick, plain and simple. If we're the Spurs or the Lakers and are sitting on titles, have a good core locked up, and can afford to take a chance...you might look at a high risk/reward guy. When you're the Cavaliers, have zero titles, are in a city with zero titles in the last 45 years, have a guy who might be the greatest player of all time without any real reason to stay here when his contract runs up (this summer), your second best player is 37 and is only going to be here one year, and your spot in the draft had equally high upside guys with much less risk and infinitely more short-term impact at the same posititon...how can you even think about drafting the guy from the Congo?

Eyenga could be pretty good. You know who else could be pretty good? Sam Young. Chase Budinger. Derrick Brown. DaJuan Summers. All of whom are juniors or seniors and could actually make the Cavs better THIS year.

You don't gamble on two or three years down the road with this team.

I always try to see the GM's point of view on the draft, especially on someone no one's ever heard of before...but there is seriously no excuse for this. We have 9 players under contract right now. One of them is Varejao, who will probably leave via free agency. Two are JJ Hickson and Darnell Jackson, who haven't shown anything more than "potential." One is 37 years old, basically on a 1-year deal.

So you're left with five dependable players. Well, one of those is Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who's 34 and probably won't be here after next year. One is Daniel Gibson, who isn't much more than a 7th or 8th man capable of going off every once in a while.

So you really only have three real building blocks. Delonte West, who is a fine player but far from a guy you build around. Then we have Mo who was only an all-star after two or three injuries. And no one outside of Cleveland would be shocked if LeBron bolted after this year.

We need real basketball players, right now. Not some guy who might be a decent player in 2 or 3 years if he ever learns the American game.

I actually think this pick is saying we want to win now. Were not going to play some rookie while were trying to contend for a championship this year so why not get a guy with a high ceiling that you can let develop and save money and a roster spot. I think theres still big moves that will be made in free agency, Rasheed Wallace is pretty much a lock to be a Cavalier IMO, theres many possibilites out there. Once all is said and done I beleive everybody will be estatic with what we go into next season with.

At least he isn't a dick:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/20...firstround.html

Seems like a pretty smart guy, picking up Spanish pretty quick.

I don't know how I feel about this pick yet. Maybe he'll stay overseas and we can keep a roster spot and still have his rights? I'm unsure of how these things work.

Archived