THE BROWNS BOARD

Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in US, Cincinnatti #1

Brownshirt

Then Dems take office and the gap closes, which I personally see as a very, VERY good thing.

Care to give me 3 examples of a Democrat POTUS, aside from the bubble based economy of Clinton (whom I will give credit to) of the above statement?

And fiscal conservatives tens to create jobs. I am not sure you know this, but Clinton and Kennedy were both fiscal conservatives. Bush was not.

Come on man, you know you make statements all the time concerning politics that are incorrect.

Please stop.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanna see the top 20 Low IQ/Dumb as a Brick neighborhoods list. I wager Pittshole would have three quarters of that list on lockdown.

DWJ

How does a theory of evolution over time apply to people currently living?

It doesn't show how the future is going to go, but it shows how far a group of people have evolved.

I think you can look at various groups and see that some are further along the evolutionary scale than others..

The physical evolution of humans is nearly complete, or will only change by fractions over the next 500 years from a physical standpoint. The evolution of the human has to include how we have evolved mentally, because that is the major difference between us and other animals....and why some groups have been left behind.

A lion is a lion for the most part. Most are about the same and do the same things.

Humans on the other hand have a very large spread in what we would call the 'modern' human...such as us...and the "primitive" human still using blow darts in the deep reaches of the Amazon.

I don't think it unreasonable at all to think some groups simply haven't evolved as far as others because they can't. They are much nearer the limits of their capability.

The Neanderthal finally died out because they simply couldn't keep up with the smarter, evolved human.

It doesn't show how the future is going to go, but it shows how far a group of people have evolved.

That's fine and all, but why would you apply Darwinian theory in this manner (I'm not saying you would, peen, but a previous poster did, and that's what I was inquiring about)? It makes zero sense, and it clearly does not apply.

I don't think 'turning away from poverty' is cruel; it's natural selection. As you said, there are exceptions, and the losers will always be losers. That is very Darwinian. Don't you believe in Darwin's theories?

Its amazing some of the crap the elite ruling class and their croneys get people to believe want the truth?

American Capitalism equates to Corporate Communism..This countries wealthy run the goverment and pass laws that benifit themselves at everyone elses expense and people are dumb enough to actually buy their hype...

What happens to the strong when they hit a rough spot?

They write a law for corporate welfare and whine that the poor and overspending middle class are the problem...its the republican way..;)

For those that dont know cincy has severe racial tensions to top everything off...if whitey gets in the wrong part of town unarmed you will get robbed at minimum killed at worst...hehehehe i hate the place it is a jungle where the projects and train terminal are...

Funny how is there never one dangerous city on these lists that have a low black population. We can dance around the issue all we want, where there is a high number of black people living in an area, there is a high number of violent crime.

demicans, republicrats, talking points...useless topics for sure. breaking free from the bipartisan rhetoric and focusing on personal sustainability is the only hope i see on my horizon.

Agreed.

Does anyone here find it funny that Republican's were the abolitionists? Lincoln was a Republican. Now the 99% of the black population vote for Obama and the same "political group" that wanted to keep them slaves, lol? More proof that these political groups are staged and molded for your entertainment. Washington is the real Hollywood.

why aren't the poor inner city WHITE'S committing more crimes? If you haven't forgot Shep, the African-American population is only about 13% of the entire population of the United States.....

BUT 29% of prisons are made up black males, white males only make up 27% of all prisoners yet whites are 74% of this nations population.

But dont' feel bad for blacks, hispanics made up 38% of all prisoners.... but like African Americans they only make up about 13% of the population.

Being poor doesn't equal committing crimes.

You want the poverty percentages? If you correlate them with the prison percentages, it plainly show's that not every white poverished male is or has been to prison, actually only 21% of white's living in poverty have been to prison; however, 63% of all black males living in poverty have been to prison.

Kosar, the parties have flipped flopped since the days of Lincoln. The democrats and the republicans don't stand for the same values as they did during the Civil War. So in reality people aren't voting for the wrong parties, its just the parties themselves had reformed.

Kosar, the parties have flipped flopped since the days of Lincoln. The democrats and the republicans don't stand for the same values as they did during the Civil War. So in reality people aren't voting for the wrong parties, its just the parties themselves had reformed.

I am talking about one "value" in particular, race. It's not wrong for voting for a party, just that they are wrong voting for either party.

When a race is founded on slavery --

???

Africans didn't exist before slavery??

I know you aren't saying they were destined to become slaves.

I never understood the littering thing either. I worked in parts of Cleveland doing road construction (including the article mentioned hood) where these "people" literally just threw their trash out their front doors. I don't see the white trash doing that as much. Besides that, I see plenty of blacks that aren't poverty stricken littering everywhere they go, it's a major pet peeve of mine.

All this analyzation is wonderful and all, but I believe each and everyone of us knows the difference between right and wrong to some extent, but it's a helluva lot easier to just ignore that because someone owes you something.

Why is it that even in the shittiest, worst neighborhood there is, a few houses still stand out as being well taken care? You know, people of moral fortitude residing there in the middle of the jungle? NO money, no education, just a decent work ethic and ability to live as decent folk.

I worked all over Cleveland including the West side Hispanic neighborhood that hardly anybody knows exists. I saw parts of the east side with 3 times as many abandoned homes as occupied (before the mortgage crisis) and our tax dollars busy building a beautiful new recreation park......soon to be tore apart. Meanwhile, the city crews that are predominantly minority (and make good money and good benes) take all day at one abandoned home cleaning up the yard and when they leave it looks about the same as when they got there, except all the trash is mowed over and thrown everywhere.

I don't want to hear about it, it's time for these people to stand up for themselves and start doing what's right, not just what is best and easiest for them. Those are the good ones, and there are plenty of them to go around, it's the shitbirds that choose to continue the way they are that keep the race down.

Hell yeah environment is huge, and for some there is no way out, let's not kid ourselves here. I've said this before, watch The Wire season 4. It chronicles the lives of Bmore west sider kids, the public school system and the decisions they have to make. I highly recommend that show to anybody with serious opinions on this stuff. However, I still conclude that it is mostly an environment that begets itself out of choice, not by force.

For the life of me I can't get the ebonics thing. Is that considered culture? WTF, speak english for cripes sake. We've got a whole society of race that speaks backwards after graduating college, let alone getting some crappy public school education. How the heck do they write a paper?

where there is a high number of black people living in an area, there is a high number of violent crime.

I think it's in their genetic makeup.

5) How do you keep the same returns and dividends in a period of declining revenue? CUT COSTS.

increase business taxes = increase costs. -->outsourcing & companies moving overseas/shutting down.

6) What is often one of the largest expenses on the Income Statement? That’s right salaries and wages. Chop chop, “spending freeze.”

payroll tax, etc. make up about 30-45% of that expense. chop chop!!

7) The poor – middle class has less money then when taxes were higher 8 years ago, further reducing demand, further reducing supply, furthering “downsizing.” Companies never cut the CEO’s pay or top management; it’s always 2,000 guys at the bottom of the flow chart, not one at the top that would equate to twice the cut of 2,000.

Let me know when you fire yourself so your pen & paper (or laptop or whatever) can keep working. Has there not been an undercurrent in this thread demonstrating "lack of motivation" as the cause for these social problems? Is there any particular reason you packed up & left the flyovers to move to CA to give your writing career a better opportunity? I'm guessing you weren't an "evil fat cat" that started out on the racetrack 3 laps ahead of anyone back then.

So, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. But it's designed by the rich and fueled by the votes of older white people who think they're voting to outlaw gayness and uppity minorities.

But that's old news now.

ahh yes. the paintbrush.

Hop on a plane and leave the country for a bit if you want to witness a real "lack of opportunity" rather than braying about the perceived one in this country.

It is a true shame that the good fortune of our nation is wasted on the people who live here.

Admittedly I'm not an expert on the different forms of government but I think my opinions do have some validity or at least some good food for thought....

Although we've had a welfare program since the 30's it really started kicking into gear during the Johnson administration with the great society mentality... I'm all for leveling the playing field but at some point I have to say enough is enough...

The system ain't working and its getting worse... How else can you explain some families being 3rd & 4th generations on the welfare roles?????

I'm all for helping people and to this day I continue to contribute my money to worthy causes... Shouldn't government assistance programs have the ultimate goal of making people self sufficient rather than encouraging continued reliance????

In my generation (damn I'm sounding like a relic) it was an embarrasment to be on assistance but today in some peoples minds its a god given right... Why do you think social security is in such dire straits... Money from that program has been diverted into so many social programs that its bringing down the entire system....

Getting back to the topic of this thread, undesireable neighborhoods are always populated by families with low incomes.... Trouble is, being poor isn't a blank check for being a criminal.... Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach him to fish and he'll sustain himself for a lifetime... There's just one catch, ya have to actually go fishing and expell some effort in order to catch the fish... It wont be delivered in the mail on the 1st of the month...

peace

T.Dawg

I thank you for your comments here. I agree with you totally. Everywhere I go, it seems, I here people proudly talking about being on welfare or how they just got their welfare checks or foodstamps. A lot of them have never held a job for even a single day of their lives. And, I am not going to sit here and say that it is one race or another. This is not a race issue. This is an issue of the government making it too easy for people to not work. People don't want to work. All you hear about is, "There are no jobs out there!" or, "Nobody is hiring!" I call BULLSHIT!!! You can rarely walk or drive down the street or even pick up a newspaper without seeing the "NOW HIRING" signs everywhere. The problem is that they haven't been made to work! They haven't been made to fend for themselves. When I was growing up, my family did not have much money. Yes, my parents spent a short stint on foodstamps. Very short stint. They could have stayed on longer, but fealt that there were other people who actually needed them more. My father supported a family of 5 on roughly $20k per year. Not an easy feat. But it was done. All the time, I was prepared for life in the real world. I was taught that you have to work hard to get the things that you want in life. That life would not just be handed to me. That is why I have been working 2 jobs and doing DJ'ing gigs on the side so my wife could stay at home with our daughter for the first few months of her life. I had no problem finding a job when looking for a secondary income. I just looked. All the government assistance programs make it too easy for people to close their eyes to the opportunities that are around them while some of them will say, "I can't find a job in my field of work." or "I can't find a job that pays enough." I have news for them...minimum wage is better than nothing and is a place to start at least!

There are too many men and women milking the system and taking away from all of us who do work. I am only 30, and will not have anything available to me from Social Security when I retire, but you better believe they make me continue paying into it. Why should I continue paying for someone else to not have to work? I recently overheard a conversation in which a woman was talking about how she can't wait 'til her baby is born so she can get her welfare increased...she already has 4 kids and is living strictly on welfare & foodstamps. She will never do anything for herself. Her kids will grow up thinking that this life is alright and will end up feeding off of the system as well. Meanwhile, people who work hard for their money but are not doctors or lawyers or engineers (etc.) are struggling to pay their bills and support their families and can't get even temporary help from the government because they make $30.00 more per year than the government's guidelines. Is this the "American Dream"???

All you hear about is, "There are no jobs out there!" or, "Nobody is hiring!" I call BULLSHIT!!! You can rarely walk or drive down the street or even pick up a newspaper without seeing the "NOW HIRING" signs everywhere.

I agree. I was talking to someone on here before. They said even the McDonalds in their neighborhood isn't hiring. Bullshit. On that day, I saw 200 new job listings for the Cleveland Ohio area on just Craigslist. And that was at 2pm, their could of been more for the day.

I agree. I was talking to someone on here before. They said even the McDonalds in their neighborhood isn't hiring. Bullshit. On that day, I saw 200 new job listings for the Cleveland Ohio area on just Craigslist. And that was at 2pm, their could of been more for the day.

You're absolutely right! McDonald's has now taken to doing mass interviews once a week a some locations because they need workers that badly. Pizza places are constantly looking for delivery drivers. Walmart is always hiring. And even day care centers are constantly hiring. There are more than enough jobs available!

How is East Cleveland not there?!?! Theres like 2 cops there and one is chillin on coventry all day.

Oh and to all those people talking about race... It has NOTHING at all to do with it, when I was younger I lived in some pretty bad areas in Cleveland, and I wasnt the only white dude, yeah there were few, but the environmental conditions effect people of every race. If the neighborhood was predominantly Caucasian and the same environmental and upbringing conditions were there, then it would be the same thing. Its hard to get somewhere when you have nothing, and those closest to you who do have something, got it by doing things that arent exactly legal or moral.

The psychological pressures and influences on the youths in the projects and inner city neighborhoods is extreme. You cant pin the problem down to ONE thing, which is why nobody has been able to solve it. Inner city education is one problem, cleveland city schools are pretty bad, another is parental upbriging or lackthereof which is quite hard if not impossible to correct and control. Theres environmental pressures, and local role models. Then theres the battle of what THEY tell you, and what you see. Then theres the issue of balancing wants and needs.

These are all the problems that contribute to poverty/crime. It has noting to do with race. I know some of you are going to use special cases to contest me, and thats fine. Some people have the will power, the knowledge, and self confidence to get out, and become successfull. What do you do with the rst of the people? Let them burn? NO way, we need to find new ways to help, new ways to educate, and new ways to SAVE, yes I said it, SAVE the individuals living in poverty stricken neighborhoods and places with high crime, we need to SAVE the criminals, we need to SAVE the 18 year old single moms who have 4 children. Thats the only way its going to get better

How is East Cleveland not there?!?! Theres like 2 cops there and one is chillin on coventry all day.

Oh and to all those people talking about race... It has NOTHING at all to do with it, when I was younger I lived in some pretty bad areas in Cleveland, and I wasnt the only white dude, yeah there were few, but the environmental conditions effect people of every race. If the neighborhood was predominantly Caucasian and the same environmental and upbringing conditions were there, then it would be the same thing. Its hard to get somewhere when you have nothing, and those closest to you who do have something, got it by doing things that arent exactly legal or moral.

The psychological pressures and influences on the youths in the projects and inner city neighborhoods is extreme. You cant pin the problem down to ONE thing, which is why nobody has been able to solve it. Inner city education is one problem, cleveland city schools are pretty bad, another is parental upbriging or lackthereof which is quite hard if not impossible to correct and control. Theres environmental pressures, and local role models. Then theres the battle of what THEY tell you, and what you see. Then theres the issue of balancing wants and needs.

These are all the problems that contribute to poverty/crime. It has noting to do with race. I know some of you are going to use special cases to contest me, and thats fine. Some people have the will power, the knowledge, and self confidence to get out, and become successfull. What do you do with the rst of the people? Let them burn? NO way, we need to find new ways to help, new ways to educate, and new ways to SAVE, yes I said it, SAVE the individuals living in poverty stricken neighborhoods and places with high crime, we need to SAVE the criminals, we need to SAVE the 18 year old single moms who have 4 children. Thats the only way its going to get better

Did you read any of this thread?

CLEVELAND, Ohio (Cedar Ave./55th St.)

Care to give me 3 examples of a Democrat POTUS, aside from the bubble based economy of Clinton (whom I will give credit to) of the above statement?

And fiscal conservatives tens to create jobs. I am not sure you know this, but Clinton and Kennedy were both fiscal conservatives. Bush was not.

Come on man, you know you make statements all the time concerning politics that are incorrect.

Please stop.

I would just like to point out that during Clintons Presidency that the internet was the cause of the booming economy. I dont know why people havent realized that to be the case. Clinton was president from 1992 to 2000. During that same period was the when the internet became huge and had a huge effect on the way businesses operated not to mention all the new .com's that were created. While everybody would like to credit Clinton as being this great president, I think it was more timing then anything. The credit for the economy in the 90's has more to do with the sucess of Regan and what he did for the country in the 80's, providing an economy that allowed the Bill Gates of the world start out in his garage and build the empire he has today.

Veg, that makes no sense at all: You know you make statements that are wrong?

Uhm... huh?

The widening and narrowing isn't an opinion. I posted the Harvard study on the other board. It just is what it is. You don't have to like it... but now you know.

And the big "crashes" of recent past came at the ends of Bush administrations after at least 8 years of Republican rule, late '80s and the more recent one.

The GOP didn't become extinct from too much success, you know.

First of all studies are easily slanted towards ones point of view and Harvard is known for its libral bais as are most univeristies today.

The GOP is on far from extinct, the problem with the GOP is that it is being divided between people that want to conform to the mainstream and those that want to stay with more conservitive values. You hear it all the time, when someone says they are a Republican they almost always have to add in that they are conservitive not just republican. Being republican does not stand for what it use to and that is the problem.

Not to mention all the brainwashing that is going on today from television and our schools. Dems go after the mushbrains that dont pay attention to whats really going on and you see the effect of it today. I would love to see a study of intelligence between Libral and Conservitive (by a non-partisian enitity) or if not intelligence atleast a study on how knowledgeable the two sides are on the political issues of the day. I guarentee the conservitive will know more about what is going on then the liberal will, atleast on an overall basis.

Did you read any of this thread?

CLEVELAND, Ohio (Cedar Ave./55th St.)

Im referring to the city east cleveland, the the east side of cleveland. You know, east cleveland, shaw high school, Euclid between mayfield and warrensville. U know east 140th & hayden, St. Claire. Windermere.... that east cleveland

You're "conservative," right? Me, I'm one of the "mushbrain" Liberals, brainwashed by TV with my head in the sand...

I would love to see a study of intelligence between Libral and Conservitive (by a non-partisian enitity) or if not intelligence atleast a study on how knowledgeable the two sides are on the political issues of the day. I guarentee the conservitive will know more about what is going on then the liberal will, atleast on an overall basis.

Well, here's your informal study right here, though I'm far from non-partisan.

You're "conservative," right? Me, I'm one of the "mushbrain" Liberals, brainwashed by TV with my head in the sand...

LOL, that has to be one of the worst posts ever by eqrulz.

We should have that, a worst and best posts of the week. Really, you get one vote per post. That wouldn't be too hard to add in a dislike button and keep stats.

It's really hard to credit presidents with good or bad economies, but I'd look at long runs of one party or the other. At the end of Reagan-Bush, we had a massive crash. And at the end of W we had the biggest crash since the Depression.

At the least, it looks really sucky on their resumes. I wouldn't claim fiscal success if I were a Republican. Or mention anything that has to do with military (Iraq, torture, etc.).

I'd stick with vague generalities about small towns, white people, and the good old days. Toss in some scares about gay Arab abortionists, etc. Paper tiger stuff.

Seriously, the GOP as it was is dead. They have to re-brand, and they can't do that with a Bush or three old white guys in a Denny's or wherever they were last month. It'll have to be way bigger and more inclusive than that.

The only people that give vague generalities are librals because on the surface what they stand for sounds good and all but when put to practice all it does is hurt the people that are willing to work in life. Spread the wealth does nothing but hurt the people that suceed in life and allow the bums on social programs sit on their ass and collect a monthly check.

Forced reitirement plan (Social Security) sounds good and all but put into practice you have what you we have today, a system that is bankrupting the goverment and not paying out what it was promised to do. If people put the same amount of money they give the goverment for S.S. into the Stockmarket they would be millioniers by the time they reitired instead of collecting a couple hundred dollars a month from the goverment.

I am sick to death of hearing white male and that is all the republicans are. That is just not the case, conservatives are the people that work hard in life, strive to make their kids life better then theirs and have the live and let live mentality. They dont want the goverment providing for them and they dont want the goverment in their life. It doesnt matter wether you are white, black, hispanic or asian, it doesnt matter if your male or female. Those things dont matter to the conservitive they matter to the libral that wants to divied and conquer. By pitting woman against men, black against white they get people to stop looking a the problem and focus on the us vs them mentilty. That blinds people into following the crowd and make socity in the sheep they are today that believe whatever they are told.

You want to talk about specifics, lets talk about specifics. What do you think is going to happen when Cap and Trade is passed? The U.S will lose thousands of jobs that will move over seas when the cost of production out weighs profitiablity. By charging a tax on Carbon (the most basic component of life, you breathing creates carbondioxide) the cost of business is going to skyrocket, meaning electric bills going up, cost of gas going up, price of food going up, all the while causing businesses to have less money for salaries. Now with all that stated what effect do you think that will have on the economy?

This is the part where you say but that will force people to go green and create all these green jobs. Every facit of our life will be effected by this Cap and Trade tax, do you honestly believe that millions of green jobs are gonna be created out of thin air to replace the jobs that will be lost to companies moving over seas? Its not going to happen.

Lets talk about Carter in the 70's before you try and claim fiscal sucess for the Librals. He created an economy every bit as bad as what we are facing now, the difference is we had Regan in the 80's to clean up the mess. Now we have Carter 2.0 trying to clean up the mess, lets see where we are in 4 years. I have a feeling it wont be where Regan got us. We are going to be in far worse shape if Obama keeps going down the path he is taking us.

As far as war goes, we went into Iraq with the belief of weapons of mass destruction, it was proved wrong but that does not change the fact that we liberated a country and got a tyrannt out of power, I think that is a good thing and have no problems with bringing it up. Waterboarding is not torture and it has been proven not to be torture. Torture is having the intent to harm someone, the intent to harm was never there but the information we gathered has saved thousands of lives. Again not somthing I have a problem with discussing.

Your problem is like so many other librals, you have blind faith in your party, you will tow the party line with out thinking about the issue and coming up with our own conclusions. Until you and most people in America start to realize our goverment is playing one big game where both parties are equally hurting our country we will get what we have always gotten, goverment getting bigger taking more and more freedoms until one day we wake up to a country that no longer offers the American Dream but a life of slavery to our goverment where nothing we do will change our position in life because it has been laid out for us.

conservatives are the people that work hard in life, strive to make their kids life better then theirs and have the live and let live mentality.

Holy shit is that funny.

Kosar, I'd vote for this......

LMAO I tried to get spell check because a I knew for a fact some libral would come back at me and say you cant spell so you must be stupid, well I downloaded it but didnt want to have to restart my comp.

Yea I cant spell but I am not as stupid as you would like to believe. Im not going to have a pissing contest with you and try to show my intellengce.

All I will say is this, you didnt try to challenge me on the content of what I wrote you instead went after me personally trying to make me out to be stupid so there for my statements must be stupid as well. Challenge me on the content of what I wrote and not that fact that I cant spell for shit.

Archived