THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon Edwards: “I Never Took It Personal”

plumcrazy73

Braylon Edwards: “I Never Took It Personal”

Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 27, 2009, 9:25 p.m.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Well he is saying the right things at least.

Despite a rocky offseason where his name was perpetually linked to trade rumors, Cleveland Browns wide receiver Braylon Edwards apparently wasn’t offended by the constant speculation about his future.

In the wake of not being traded to the New York Giants following a season where he led the NFL in dropped passes, Edwards says he’s not looking for a ticket out of Cleveland, according to Calvin Watkins of AOL Sports FanHouse.

“I never said I wanted to go,” Edwards told FanHouse. “The Browns tried to put a trade out there. It’s always about progress in any level of sport. It will always be business.

“Trades happen, releases happen, I never took it personal. They thought highly enough of me to ask for a lot and in doing so, the Giants couldn’t give the Browns what they wanted. It’s a business.”

The former Pro Bowl receiver skidded to 55 receptions for 873 yards and three touchdowns last season after catching 16 touchdowns and piling up 1,279 receiving yards the previous year.

Now, Edwards is looking forward to a chance to rebuild his reputation as he transitions to a demanding new coach in former New York Jets boss Eric Mangini.

“I do feel like it’s a fresh start for everybody,” Edwards said. “Fresh start for the quarterbacks [brady Quinn and Derek Anderson] and coach Mangini. Fresh start for me coming off a subpar year and it’s time to show people what I can do. Everybody is excited.”

Well, they will be if Edwards performs the way he did two years ago when he was one of the most dangerous downfield threats in the league.

Well, if he has a badass year its going to be bitter sweet for us. He will most likely walk for more cash, but if he does well, we do well so what can you do.

Well, if he has a badass year its going to be bitter sweet for us. He will most likely walk for more cash, but if he does well, we do well so what can you do.

Walk where, he wont be allowed to walk if they don't come up with another bargaining agreement. He doesn't have enough years in the league.

Walk where, he wont be allowed to walk if they don't come up with another bargaining agreement. He doesn't have enough years in the league.

They will have something in place by next year.

Archived