THE BROWNS BOARD

Fantasy Football League Signups

Flugel

I know Beans wants us to get the Fantasy Football Leagues going again. I've sent out some invites to those that provided their emails last year in League 3 and we have 7 teams registered so far. We need a total of 12 tams so that's the magic number.

To those of you from League 3 that didn't provide your emails last year - I failed Mind Reading 101 so I've only been able to invite those I have addresses on. You'll see some new faces that bring a blend of alpha dawg and Conrad Dobler mentalities to the mix.

If you're one of the sissies losing sleep about moderators and Steeler pukes - this prolly ain't for you. In our league we don't discriminate - we hate everyone. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in drop me a PM with your email address. Pictures of your hotties or sisters are also acceptable.

As you were...,

- Tom F.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AdaM
I know Beans wants us to get the Fantasy Football Leagues going again. I've sent out some invites to those that provided their emails last year in League 3 and we have 7 teams registered so far. We need a total of 12 tams so that's the magic number.

To those of you from League 3 that didn't provide your emails last year - I failed Mind Reading 101 so I've only been able to invite those I have addresses on. You'll see some new faces that bring a blend of alpha dawg and Conrad Dobler mentalities to the mix.

If you're one of the sissies losing sleep about moderators and Steeler pukes - this prolly ain't for you. In our league we don't discriminate - we hate everyone. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in drop me a PM with your email address. Pictures of your hotties or sisters are also acceptable.

As you were...,

- Tom F.

I don't know what league I was in last year.....

Has a decision been made if we are using Yahoo or ESPN Fantasy football?

could we take a poll?

Our board has always used Yahoo and it's worked well because 1 league grew into 2 leagues which grew into 3 leagues which grew into 4 leagues in 2008. Not only that but KSHutchins (Kathy) spiced things up with a weekly fantasy football column capturing all the summaries from each league and sharing them with our board.

I know I couldn't accommodate everyone interested in joining league 3 so PLEASE be on the lookout for Beanpot's post about League 4 sometime in the near future.

- Tom F.

Guest AdaM
Our board has always used Yahoo and it's worked well because 1 league grew into 2 leagues which grew into 3 leagues which grew into 4 leagues in 2008. Not only that but KSHutchins (Kathy) spiced things up with a weekly fantasy football column capturing all the summaries from each league and sharing them with our board.

I know I couldn't accommodate everyone interested in joining league 3 so PLEASE be on the lookout for Beanpot's post about League 4 sometime in the near future.

- Tom F.

I was in beanpots league thats right!

- Tom F.

I'll play.

Guest ATENEARS
Yahoo blows compared to ESPN so I won't be playing with you fellas this year. It's ESPN all the way. You don't have to pay for live scoring and it has a shit ton of more features.

Pinch nose, and re-read in a squeaky voice.

I tried to join your league and it was full.

Why send me a invite on 6-30 and when i go to sign up the morning of the 2nd the place is full??

WTF??

Guest ATENEARS
No stan, I won't do an impression of you.

BUt thanks for smearing period blood anyway.

You vag....

Whaaa ... you whined and you know it. C'mon, pinch your nose and squeak out your comment again ...

Guest ATENEARS
So is this it for this board on leagues??

And why are we starting so early??

Or in my case getting closed out so early.

I think we had like 5 leagues last year. Hold your horses, I'll look into it.

No problem my friend.

I would like to play inside the confines of this board, but there are a million leagues I can join.

It's not like I can't play if I really want to play.

No problem Tom. I didn't realize you demanded immediate action. Have fun in your league.

ditto

I think there are two of the five leagues set up. Beanpot's & Tom's. I'm holding a space in both of them, so I can free one up if someone wants in a certain league.

There will be at least three more opening up. I'm pretty sure Beans will make an announcment and pin it at the top.

I think he opened up the first league with an invitation to guys that have been playing in the same league for years, and then Flugels wildcatted and started his early I believe, lol.

There will be at least three more leagues and everyone will get a shot to join...

Zombo

I think there are two of the five leagues set up. Beanpot's & Tom's. I'm holding a space in both of them, so I can free one up if someone wants in a certain league.

There will be at least three more opening up. I'm pretty sure Beans will make an announcement and pin it at the top.

I think he opened up the first league with an invitation to guys that have been playing in the same league for years, and then Flugels wildcatted and started his early I believe, lol.

There will be at least three more leagues and everyone will get a shot to join...

Zombo

you mean i can stop pouting now.

Thanks

Guest Aloysius
Yahoo blows compared to ESPN so I won't be playing with you fellas this year. It's ESPN all the way. You don't have to pay for live scoring and it has a shit ton of more features.

Yahoo's made their live scoring free as well.

whatsnew_freestattracker.jpg

Team DangeRuss gettin fired up.

There is no limit on the amount of leagues. There were 5 last year and I was in the 5th one.

Yahoo is just fine for this purpose BTW.

There will be at least three more opening up. I'm pretty sure Beans will make an announcment and pin it at the top.

Zombo

LOL! Instigator. Thanks alot! All kidding aside, don't give me too much credit for thinking it was time to register for fantasy football. This is a warped speed run-down of how it shook out:

Beanpot emailed Heidi and me on 6/21/09 to see if we were interested in heading up leagues again this year.

When I replied I was interested - this was Heidi's response:

Hiya, I'm running one too again. I already set mine up and sent the information to Beanpot. I had fun running League 4.

Heidi

In a message dated 6/22/2009 10:44:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

My next email to Beans & Heidi read as follows:

"Hi Todd & Heidi,

I'm going out of town until Sunday so it's probably a better idea for me to try to start up a league next week."

Consequently, I sent my invites out on Monday, 6/29 and needed to fill the final 5 slots with this thread.

Depending upon the amount of interest remaining - we could do a couple more leagues. As you can see though, it gets extremely difficult to please everyone.

- Tom F.

No problem my friend.

I would like to play inside the confines of this board, but there are a million leagues I can join.

It's not like I can't play if I really want to play.

No problem Tom. I didn't realize you demanded immediate action. Have fun in your league.

Sorry about that - I should have told you to register as soon as possible when we were PMing earlier this week. I hope you know I didn't really want to slam the door in anyone's face especially if they were already in League 3 last year.

That said, Riff was saying we did FIVE leagues last year so you'll prolly have the chance to participate within the confines of the board. Would you be willing to commish for a league? It's not as bad as it sounds because yahoo does it all for you.

- Tom F.

I don't want anyone to be left out... I registed with Bean's and Flugel's leagues, but I can drop out of one if necessary

to let Hammer or someone on the Brownsboard get in and have a team.

It's too much fun to have anyone shut out. Let me know...

I don't want anyone to be left out...

Translation: "I'm petrified of my week 1 matchup with Flugel."

Seriously though, we'll TRY to get as many as we can into leagues. If that took 5 leagues last year - it might take 5 or 6 this year. ONE thing we all learned in this process is that you have to respond quickly after you get an invite; BECAUSE people can forward their invites onto their friends upon receipt. I think that happened here, which is fine.

Like Riff said, he joined league 5 last year and I doubt half those participants were familiar with each other BEFORE the season got underway. As it unfolded, all the leagues looked like they were competitive - which tells me people were having fun. The purpose of the leagues is to provide another way people can enjoy the company of others on this board and of course to match competitive wits.

I'd HATE to have people dropping out of their commitments mainly because there's no FAIR way to determine WHO gets their slot. Just hang in there folks and we'll try to make it happen the way Beanpot has always delivered for us. He's gonna hate my ass when he sees the all the drama I just caused.

- Tom F.

Yeah, your attention to detail will be sorely missed. That third round selection of Josh Cribbs last year (in a league that didn't count return yardage) was the stuff of mad genius. No idea if you can possibly be replaced.

I played both Yahoo and ESPN last year and sure as hell didn't find one to be "all the way" better than the other. The reason for sticking with Yahoo - and ignore the brilliance of Inspecta, you don't have to pay for live scoring with Yahoo - has more to do with continuity than anything else. I mean, they're free non-dynasty leagues and the difference in bells and whistles is minor.

There are at least two more leagues ready to go and I'll post the info on how to join soon. If there's enough demand for additional leagues, we'll create 'em.

Beanpot

Archived