THE BROWNS BOARD

Happy Father's Day!

Zombo

Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads on Board.

My Dad was a Steeler fan. Not the front-running, spoiled, crybaby Steeler fan we know in in 2019 ... But an Old School one. He was born in 1928 in New Castle, PA. Steelers were born in 1933, and never won a damn thing until 1974 when my Dad was 46, and I was 10. So he put in his dues, the Steelers were awful back then, maybe worse than the Browns of 99-18. When I was a kid his favorite players were Rocky Bleier and Terry Hanratty, the Notre Dame Guys. He liked Franco too. He thought Bradshaw was an ass.

My Dad recognized my passion, and even though we lived a lot closer to Pittsburgh and Buffalo, he would drive me all the way to Cleveland to see my beloved Browns and stand in the cold with me while the mid-seventies Browns were bumbling around and he coulda been home on the warm couch watching the Steelers dominate somebody.

So now I've done my suffering. I'm 55 so I have 9 years on Dad when he was left off the hook. I'm due ... and ready.

I don't know if the Browns 2018 Draft will measure up in history with the Steelers 1974 draft ... but it sure got off too a good start.

Now is our time. I'm sure Dad in heaven agrees ... let his youngest win one.

Mom's still here and I've converted her into a full-fledged Browns fan ... so Dad, get a word in up there ... let me taste a championship ... I've earned it too!

Zombo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7