THE BROWNS BOARD

BEATING PITTSPILE

Riffer X

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take away their 'roids before the season starts. And get zebras that don't take bribes.

Seriously, what will it take to get Pittpukers off the roids? They've been on them for about 40 years with no end in sight. Looking at Roid Monkey Harrison gives me the creeps, that dude ain't right. I mean, there's doing some juice to be in optimal condition and then there is inhaling the roids like an underfed gorilla. What an embarrassment Roid Monk is to the Akron area.

I'm still waiting for the Yinzers to have an important game where the majority of the calls don't go their way. Lerner has the money, get those refs straight. Problem is, he doesn't have the gambling ties.

Seriously, what will it take to get Pittpukers off the roids? They've been on them for about 40 years with no end in sight. Looking at Roid Monkey Harrison gives me the creeps, that dude ain't right. I mean, there's doing some juice to be in optimal condition and then there is inhaling the roids like an underfed gorilla. What an embarrassment Roid Monk is to the Akron area.

I'm still waiting for the Yinzers to have an important game where the majority of the calls don't go their way. Lerner has the money, get those refs straight. Problem is, he doesn't have the gambling ties.

I'll refute this, because I am still waiting on one single piece of evidence to support your statement.

So you refer back to the 70s, when Steroids were a legal substance that anyone could go to the pharmacy and get. I realize you like to ignore the truth, that roids were part of the game in the 1960s, but it's really pathetic all you can do is pretend that the Steelers in the 70s were the only team using juice (when Lyle Azado used them when he played for the Browns). Wake up, face the reality. The Browns didn't get beat because the Steelers used juice. They got beat because they were outright NOT as good.

It continues to this day. You xxxxing morons criticize James Harrison for what he did in the Super Bowl, yet you praise Turkey Jones for a dirty hit on Bradshaw to where you consider it a high point in your team's history. That makes you a bunch of hypocritical jackasses.

The reality is you wish you had a guy with a mean streak on your defense. It's dirty at times, but it's part of the tradition of the game. In the meantime, all you got is a bunch of guys that get walked over and will continue to stay that way.

If you want to know why we beat you everytime. Its simple. The Steelers are better in every single concievable way that the Browns. Period. That is why the "pendulum" has not swung. We've owned you for 40 years and by now you should be used to it. Take it like a man instead of being a loser excuse maker.

I'll refute this, because I am still waiting on one single piece of evidence to support your statement.

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/20...rry-bradsh.html

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_328813.html

http://www.pronewsblog.com/sports/james-ha...aron-francisco/

Nevermind the links... if you can look at James Harrison, the guy who could never make a freakin' NFL squad before becoming King Kong with the Steelers, and NOT think he's on steroids 24/7, God Bless you. Willie "all of a sudden 28-inch python arms even though I was a stick-figure just a few years ago" Parker is just as suspect of it. HGH isn't findable, so there won't be proof until they make a test that can trace it.

I'll never get the "everybody was on steroids argument," I thought we were all taught in pre-school that two wrongs don't make a right. Then again, not sure Pittsburgh has that level of advanced education.

Great job comparing the Turkey Jones sack, a play on the BALL-CARRIER, vs. the James Harrison roid-rage incident, a bully classless shot on a downed player no where near the ball-carrier.

So you refer back to the 70s, when Steroids were a legal substance that anyone could go to the pharmacy and get. I realize you like to ignore the truth, that roids were part of the game in the 1960s, but it's really pathetic all you can do is pretend that the Steelers in the 70s were the only team using juice (when Lyle Azado used them when he played for the Browns). Wake up, face the reality. The Browns didn't get beat because the Steelers used juice. They got beat because they were outright NOT as good.

It continues to this day. You xxxxing morons criticize James Harrison for what he did in the Super Bowl, yet you praise Turkey Jones for a dirty hit on Bradshaw to where you consider it a high point in your team's history. That makes you a bunch of hypocritical jackasses.

The reality is you wish you had a guy with a mean streak on your defense. It's dirty at times, but it's part of the tradition of the game. In the meantime, all you got is a bunch of guys that get walked over and will continue to stay that way.

If you want to know why we beat you everytime. Its simple. The Steelers are better in every single concievable way that the Browns. Period. That is why the "pendulum" has not swung. We've owned you for 40 years and by now you should be used to it. Take it like a man instead of being a loser excuse maker.

FSG, your mum takes it up the bum!!! And STEELERS SUCK YOU KNOW WHAT!

i know this may sound bad or condescending coming from a steeler fan, but i have to dissagree. the problem with the Browns IS lack of overall talent. the reason for that is, as you said, bad coaching/scouting.

the NFL recently sent a survey out to the "PLAYERS" (not overactive steelerfans that stuff the ballots or anything) asking different questions like "team with best/worst players" and "team with best/worst owners" ditto with stadium and a couple other catagories.

the browns finished 32nd in overall player skill/talent.

i think the link should still be up in NFL.com but i don't feel like searching for it now. not to worry guys, this is actually good for your team.

upgrading talent is one of the easier things to fix in the NFL in a short amount of time and i think Mangini has taken the first positive steps in that direction for the Browns organizeation that i can remember seeing in a long time.

It doesn't sound all that bad...I can take it. I'm not like some of these people who instantly start cussing people out when they disagree with me. I get your point, but you have to look at that survey and realize that it is simply an opinion poll. Those "PLAYERS" don't know all the ins and outs of everything that goes on with every team in the league. But, even if it was half accurate, those opinions were based off of last season. If the survey was done a year ago, I guarantee those opinions would have been different. Not to mention the fact that a lot of those players from that Browns team are now playing elsewhere and there have been more talented replacements btought in. Talent on the field and on the sidelines are 2 totally different teams. The Browns have had plenty of talent on the field. The problem has been the lack of talent on the sidelines since their return to the league. I, for one, think that Randy Lerner finally made the right choice in picking Mangini to lead this team. He does have talent. And he learned it from one of the best.

Now...as for FSG...I don't disagree with all that you said. But, I have to say that your comparison of Turkey Jones' hit on Bradshaw to the ridiculous violence dished out by Harrison in the Super Bowl is very out of whack. The two hits are not even remotely the same. Based on other things you wrote, you can't possibly be that ignorant. Please tell me and everyone else here that you do realize the difference?

Although I hate them (a pretty strong word) I have to tip my hat to the Stooler Organization....

They have established systems in place and continually find the right players to fit their system... Their scouting department has the uncanny ability to find players from the smaller non power football schools...When was the last time the Stoolers ripped it apart and rebuilt???

They also have a good idea concerning the longevity of their star players... They dont hold on to players past their time and seem to have players in waiting to fill the gaps when they do release a veteran...

The only way to beat Pittsburgh is to keep their offense off the field... Your defense can't have lapses or take plays off... Play with intensity until the whistle blows, every down for 60 minutes....

They have holes and aren't unbeatable... If you let them back in the game they'll beat you every time... Celebrate and let your guard down after the final whistle has been blown not before....

peace

T.Dawg

They also have a good idea concerning the longevity of their star players... They dont hold on to players past their time and seem to have players in waiting to fill the gaps when they do release a veteran...

Excellent point daddy, being cheap/frugal may be their strongest suit. They have to be in order to afford paying off those referees and keeping that club house stocked with all those chemicals. It always seems to work out for them.

I'd love to see Roid Monk Harrison paired up with an actual Silverback in a zoo over a female gorilla. That would be a good fight, especially if Roid Monk did a few extra Trenbolone injects the week leading up to it. That Silverback better watch it though, Roidster would probably bite his balls off if given the chance.

Excellent point daddy, being cheap/frugal may be their strongest suit. They have to be in order to afford paying off off those referees and keeping that club house stocked with all those chemicals. It always seems to work out for them.

I'd love to see Roid Monk Harrison paired up with an actual Silverback in a zoo over a female gorilla. That would be a good fight, especially if Roid Monk did a few extra Trenbolone injects the week leading up to it. That Silverback better watch it though, Roidster would probably bite his balls off if given the chance.

LMFAO!

I'm still getting a kick out of the STALLED investigations for the excessive amounts of HGH purchased for Team Clinical practices. That was the Year Ben gave the ouch-leg Bambi pose and a few weks later he's sprinting, planting and turning better than ever. 5-7 start ended with 8-0 finish against the toughest part of the scedule. Can you say 8-12 week cycles?

Joey Pottymouth would have launched into the Atltantic ocean if anyone lit a match or ciagr anywhere near him. Dude was on more chemicals than Jerry Garcia used to be. The Rooneys have been putting money in the right pockets for years to get the lookaway in exchange. Prolly the biggest payoff I've ever witrnessed was when the LEAST penalized Seattle team was the poor end of the Jerome Bettis retirement paty in Detroit. The game was officated by twins: Dewey Cheatem and Howie Cheatem.

One for the Thumb was always just code for Twice in the Ass!

- Tom F.

If you don't think Pittsburgh is one of the top 3 NFL organizations - or you think they cheat to win - you're either a Browns/Ravens/Pats fan, or you don't know NFL football.

I hate them - but that organization is what I aspire the Browns to be. Tough minded, player depth, young, very skilled, winners.

That super bowl in Detroit still has me saying hmmmmmmmm...

One play in particular still puzzles me to this day...

The Seattle QB throws a pick them makes the tackle on the defender but gets called for tackling below the waist????? What the fook.... How is that possible, you bring down the ball carrier anyway you can...

Regardless of the teams involved, that game got me wondering if there is some crap going on in the league regarding the officiating... I believe shortly there after, the NBA uncovered cheating by their officials... The officiating in that super bowl game was the most biased I've ever witnessed...

peace

T.Dawg

If you don't think Pittsburgh is one of the top 3 NFL organizations - or you think they cheat to win - you're either a Browns/Ravens/Pats fan, or you don't know NFL football.

I hate them - but that organization is what I aspire the Browns to be. Tough minded, player depth, young, very skilled, winners.

Uh, I'm a Browns fan.

Pittsburgh is a disgrace to the NFL with their act. Always have been. Sooner or later, they'll have to come clean.

Vegas, I like what you bring to our board. That said, you didn't read your message board handbook rule #3.14 that clearly states we do NOT play nice-nice with Steeler fans. That's okay, we all make mistakes.

I'm thinking if the Browns didn't have the best dynasty Pro Football had ever seen with all the Championship Titles and 10 consecutive Title Game appearances from 46-55, former Browns like Chuck Noll and Don Shula wouldn't have been competing to see what franchise was better coached in the 70s. I think the Dolphins did it without as many Steroid Happy Hours though. Just a strong hunch.

I look at the Pittsburgh organization and all I can think of is the blind eye WINNING brought to cover up the dark reality that would change football for the worst. One of posters Desert Dawg was kind enough to share the article SI did about the casket count for guys under 50. As Courson said in False Glory that team had ridicoulously wide spread use. More specifically, ALOT of guys were doing the Happy Hour shots in the dumpster. An ownership that sheds a blind eye at that isn't as pretty inside as the book cover. AFTER Pittsburgh, every knucklehead from Haslett to Romanowski would cite the Pittsburgh Steelers as THE reason to why it's completely okay to cheat with steroids. THEN, it became "everyone else is doing it."

If you have a team doctor CONDONING & PROMOTING use of steroids like HGH - we better RE-DEFINE class and values because the NEXT generations will include more Hasletts and Roman-ass-shots. Furthermore, if it's such a GREAT organization - why can't they afford GRASS to upgrade their mudd wrestling Pitt they call a field?

- Tom F. (Like the Movie says "All the Right Moves" means get your butt out of Pittsburgh asap)

It would seem to me that to actually beat the Steelers we would have to actually have players who can score and make plays.

Someone said we never used Winslow right? Please, Tight Ends, save guys like Ozzie and Gonzolez don't make a huge difference. We haven't had any real offensive weapons in many years. We don't have any punishing running backs and we sure as hell don't have WRs that keep a defense honest.

I don't see Quinn lighting anyone up, let a lone the Steelers, and we waste yet another draft on a center? A Center? Isn't that 7 centers in 6 years?

We aren't going to beat Pittsburgh in 2009, we simply don't have any weapons.

4 -12 is probably about what we are looking at and at best 2 - 4 in the division.

It would seem to me that to actually beat the Steelers we would have to actually have players who can score and make plays.

Someone said we never used Winslow right? Please, Tight Ends, save guys like Ozzie and Gonzolez don't make a huge difference. We haven't had any real offensive weapons in many years. We don't have any punishing running backs and we sure as hell don't have WRs that keep a defense honest.

I don't see Quinn lighting anyone up, let a lone the Steelers, and we waste yet another draft on a center? A Center? Isn't that 7 centers in 6 years?

4 -12 is probably about what we are looking at and at best 2 - 4 in the division.

Fook it Soldier, let's just forfeit those games.

I notice you've written in present tense. The roster has changed significantly since the end of the '08 season.

Have you looked at it lately? Shouldn't you be suggesting that the '09 roster isn't proven as yet? Did you even notice who else was drafted?

Even the bookmakers are giving the Browns credit for 6 wins in '09 and they've been known to be too pessimistic at times.

EDIT: Anders, if you'd like to get caught up, give this a look: http://www.usaplayers.com/sports/nfl/2009-...and-browns.html

That super bowl in Detroit still has me saying hmmmmmmmm...

One play in particular still puzzles me to this day...

The Seattle QB throws a pick them makes the tackle on the defender but gets called for tackling below the waist????? What the fook.... How is that possible, you bring down the ball carrier anyway you can...

Regardless of the teams involved, that game got me wondering if there is some crap going on in the league regarding the officiating... I believe shortly there after, the NBA uncovered cheating by their officials... The officiating in that super bowl game was the most biased I've ever witnessed...

peace

T.Dawg

The play before that Seattle got an apparent first and goal to goal at the 1 yard line of Pitt nullified was shadey as Hell. The replay showed the Pitt DE lining up opposite the Right OT was way offsides only to hear the OT had a phantom holding call on him. Here's the #1 rated Oline getting flagged for holding when they were the least penalized offensive unit all year. The next play was the INT where the QB throwing the INT got flagged for unnecessary roughness. Hard to find a shadier Superbowl than that.

- Tom F.

Guest Aloysius

James Walker makes a good point about the Steelers' LB depth:

Ranchboss from Butler, Pa. is concerned about Pittsburgh's depth at linebacker and asks, "Who do you see as the top backups, and do you think they may pick up a veteran some time before training camp?"

James Walker: I'll start with the last part of the question, Ranchboss. Don't expect the Steelers to make any free-agent pickups before training camp because of the lack of cap room. As far as backups, Bruce Davis and Keyaron Fox are two candidates who could potentially fill in. Davis was very good at rushing the passer in college but hasn't displayed much in the pros to date. Fox is more of a stopgap veteran who may be able to fill in for a couple games if someone gets injured, but he isn't a long-term solution. The starters are tremendous, but it's not a very deep group.

The play before that Seattle got an apparent first and goal to goal at the 1 yard line of Pitt nullified was shadey as Hell. The replay showed the Pitt DE lining up opposite the Right OT was way offsides only to hear the OT had a phantom holding call on him. Here's the #1 rated Oline getting flagged for holding when they were the least penalized offensive unit all year. The next play was the INT where the QB throwing the INT got flagged for unnecessary roughness. Hard to find a shadier Superbowl than that.

- Tom F.

When Seattle's Jeremy Stevenson caught the ball, turned around, ran three full steps with full control of the ball, got tackled and dropped the ball both you and I would call it a fumble. The ref called it an incomplete pass. That's also very shady.

When Seattle's Jeremy Stevenson caught the ball, turned around, ran three full steps with full control of the ball, got tackled and dropped the ball both you and I would call it a fumble. The ref called it an incomplete pass. That's also very shady.

Don't speak for me. That Superbowl was a farce and everyone with more than 1 braincell in their head knows it.

- Tom F.

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/20...rry-bradsh.html

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_328813.html

http://www.pronewsblog.com/sports/james-ha...aron-francisco/

Nevermind the links... if you can look at James Harrison, the guy who could never make a freakin' NFL squad before becoming King Kong with the Steelers, and NOT think he's on steroids 24/7, God Bless you. Willie "all of a sudden 28-inch python arms even though I was a stick-figure just a few years ago" Parker is just as suspect of it. HGH isn't findable, so there won't be proof until they make a test that can trace it.

I'll never get the "everybody was on steroids argument," I thought we were all taught in pre-school that two wrongs don't make a right. Then again, not sure Pittsburgh has that level of advanced education.

Great job comparing the Turkey Jones sack, a play on the BALL-CARRIER, vs. the James Harrison roid-rage incident, a bully classless shot on a downed player no where near the ball-carrier.

Then why bring it up?

Pot, meet kettle:

http://books.google.com/books?id=I7-D2jH-O...t&resnum=10

http://www.harlemlive.org/community/health...e/steroids.html

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2007/08/c...kle_ryan_t.html

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2007/08/29/q...-steroid-usage/

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/200906...m_than_MLB.html

come on man, you've got to be kidding me.

there are no Steeler conspiracies there is no bribing of refs and there are no steroid users in the Steelers organization.

the NFL tests EVERY player randomly and would never put itself in a position to do any detriment to it's name to help any one particular organization win or get away with cheating.

superbowl IV was simply put......a poorly reffed game. on BOTH sides. yes, i do believe that we got a couple of calls that were questionable, but i in no way do i think it was some kind of conspiracy to elevate the steelers organization. get over it, i think only you and Holmgren are the only two that haven't.

and roids in the 70's? who cares if it is true? they were legal! i can't fault a guy for doing something that there is no rule against. not on my team or any others.

you sound very bitter.........and believe me, i can understand why.

let me guess, the NFL cheated and made sure the Pats won the superbowl in 01' cause that was the year of 9/11 and they wanted the "patriots" winning to be a symbol???

i got a bridge for sale too buddy..............prime prices!

there are no steroid users in the Steelers organization.

the NFL tests EVERY player randomly and would never put itself in a position to do any detriment to it's name to help any one particular organization win or get away with cheating.

LMMFAO, Thanks buddy Ro, that made my day.

Will the next Yinzer genius please step up to the plate?

Archived