THE BROWNS BOARD

Lebron Staying Past 2010?

Eh. I've always thought he'll come back assuming we're in championship contention, but this doesn't really mean anything to me. He wasn't going to say anything else trying to recruit a free agent, it's a non-story to me. This really shows why he hasn't committed either way though. Every little leak of what he might do is going to be a national story. It's pure publicity gold.

Just broke a few mins ago that Lebron never said that to Ariza. I agree every little thing he says will be blown up.. Get him a supporting cast to contend for title year in and year out and I think he stays

I'd like to see a push for Shawn Marion or Amare Stoudamire... that's just me though. I think either one would give us another scoring option and they are relatively young..

Marion is not young and Amare would take alot of coin.

Since he turned down the Golden State deal (and the fact that Phoenix wanted to do it), you can assume winning counts for something with Amare (and the Suns don't care much to keep him).

It'll be crazy to see if it could be us vs. New York for both LeBron and Amare. I won't get into the LeBron part, but if New York can get a point guard (Rubio? maybe Nash) and a decent free agent (or, you know, LeBron) in 2010 to build a playoff team, they'll have a ton of cash and Amare could reunite with the coach that made him a star.

Whatever the cost, he's worth it to put next to LeBron, that combo would be ridiculous.

• 3 months later...

Id believe those are the best first game numbers for a rookie.. but what does that really matter? Lebron looks great, but lets give it some time.

And the cavs lost the first two games so far, even with Lebron putting up great numbers.. it doesnt matter if he sets every rookie record in the league if they still cant win over 30 games

Btw, I also watched him in high school, the guy really is astounding.

Archived