THE BROWNS BOARD

Tonight Usa network...Baker Mayfield on

Vambo

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/08/baker-mayfield-steve-austin-passing-browns-news/

Baker Mayfield just found his new top target — and it’s stunning.

In a recently released clip, Mayfield was caught throwing passes with WWE legend Stone Cold Steve Austin. The 54-year-old looks limber running routes, catching a pair of balls from the Browns record-setting QB.

“That’s what I’m taking about,” Austin yells after hauling in a pass and spiking it. “Medic!”

The best part of the clip, however, is the celebration Mayfield does, which emulates Stone Cold’s beer bash/chugging celebration.

“Sunglasses and all,” Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens says in the video in awe. “Go get that celebration now.”

The reason Mayfield and Austin are hanging out is because the Browns QB is going to be a guest on his show “Straight Up Steve Austin,” on the USA Network. According to a release by USA Network, the former pro wrestler will visit with celebrities and “swap stories about their lives and careers during one-of-a-kind custom-tailored adventures in different cities across America.”

Baker is scheduled to appear on the the show on Monday.

Stone Cold Steve Austin Calls Baker Mayfield a ‘Class Act’

Mayfield apparently stunned wrestling legend Steve Austin with his charisma and “alpha” mentality when the two got to know each other this offseason.

Austin — known better by his wrestling persona Stone Cold — sang that praises of the Cleveland Browns second-year quarterback when TMZ caught up with him recently.

“That kid’s got such a presence about him,” he told the gossip site. “What a head on his shoulders and the way he puts things into perspective.

“As a young man, boy, I’ll tell you what, he has a lot of composure and a lot of ‘it’ factor, X-factor, very charismatic and very confident,” Austin said. “I really enjoyed spending time with that young man. And I wish Cleveland Browns and Baker Mayfield a tremendous season this year.”

Austin also spoke on the bum rap Mayfield gets for his past, which included a now-infamous night Arkansas where Mayfield was charged with public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and fleeing.

“He had that little slip up in Arkansas a lot of people like to bring up. Man, that one little action, this kid is a class act. Super savvy, very alpha. Guys rally around him because he’s such a gamer,” Austin said. “You know, he’s never been the chosen one, going from his high school days to having to walk onto Texas Tech and then to Oklahoma, then win the Heisman, then to get drafted No. 1. He always plays with that chip on his shoulder to throw such an accurate football.”

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Damn he's slow for 54!. Give that man a cane or a wheelchair. I know a couple of 79 year old twins who play racquetball faster than that.

cmon now....that man didnt warm or nothin, he in jeans....he aint about to pull a hammy..lol. But seriously, the dude is still jacked at 54. U see these guns?...

respect....😁

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

No....who the fuck gives a shit about some fake athlete.

What do you mean by fake athlete? The outcome of the match is set before it begins but a chair to the back is just that, a chair to the back, Being dropped out of the ring, nothing fake about that either. Not to mention you have to be in shape. Have you ever even stepped foot in the ring? Those "Ropes" are nothing more than rubber coated cable, they hurt. I got marks on my body from running off them 19 years ago, 

32 minutes ago, medicineman said:

What do you mean by fake athlete? The outcome of the match is set before it begins but a chair to the back is just that, a chair to the back, Being dropped out of the ring, nothing fake about that either. Not to mention you have to be in shape. Have you ever even stepped foot in the ring? Those "Ropes" are nothing more than rubber coated cable, they hurt. I got marks on my body from running off them 19 years ago, 

Maybe the athletes are not fake....but the sport is fake, and they participate in it.  Its not like they play a fair game....real winner is decided based on who actually can best the other.  No. This is all just show.  I mean...it is like Ballet.....those dancers are some of the best athletes going....but the whole story and choreography is scripted ahead of time.  I would rather watch Ballet though.  At least it has no pretense.

But don't feel bad.  I dislike MMA/UFC just as much.....but I do not believe those outcomes are faked at all.

19 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Worked on a WWE set, helped set up the rings, the surface is extremely hard. Those guys also wrestle hurt all the time or else they don’t get paid. And are on the road all the time doing it. Not an easy gig

But still a phony competition.

the show was "meh"...i still love me some stone cold and some bsker it def didnt feel organic. It was too canned. I think steves hard up for cash to wanna do a show like this. I saw him do some actual football analysis on espn about baker and the browns and it came off way more natural.

I wouldnt mind hearing stone cold call a game if he could learn how to do it...

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Worked on a WWE set, helped set up the rings, the surface is extremely hard. Those guys also wrestle hurt all the time or else they don’t get paid. And are on the road all the time doing it. Not an easy gig

Same here. 1 Night back in 2000 I worked and helped set up the ring for a WCW Thursday Night Thunder and they needed 1 guy to spend the night in the arena (for security reasons) So I said fuck it why not, I will start at the top of the arena and work my way down and see how much change I can find if any, Well I think I ended up only finding about 10 dollars (This was in the Wheeling civic center) but that did not take long and I played in the ring for a bit but as far as setting things up, there is a lot that goes in to that, the ring side seats, the wires for monitors the ring it self (Nothing is light weight) takes a good 12 hours if not more just to set up then another 8 or so to tear it all down and pack it back up to get on the road to head to the next city. And not to mention a good bit of the wrestlers are ok but there are some dicks who just love to throw their weight around and from what I seen with my own eyes they were all on roids or weed or both, 

6 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

So that’s why you can’t bet on it anywhere. It’s a fake sport. The athletes are real tho. 

That is what I said.   Ballet dancers likely are better athletes.  At least, according to one test done, they have more endurance:

https://www.pointemagazine.com/dancers-versus-athletes-2412820581.html