THE BROWNS BOARD

Jaelen Strong waived

Zombo

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

What happened there?  Strong seemed like he was destined to make the team.....

Not sure, but SOMETHING had to go down. The timing of it all is just so strange, and while I thought Strong might be waived when Callaway returned, I didn't see this happening. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Could be. Didn't see the advanced  metrics but two catches for  11 yards  against the  Bucs.

He didn't make the hard catches in the game that are routine for OBJ and Landry. But good for him that they dropped him before the market gets flooded by 53 roster cut day. Gives him a decent chance to land elsewhere and maybe play in the final preseason game for someone else.

in school we would call Jaelen a Jekyll & Hyde WR..With some poor to lazy work habits (maybe)..from my camp practice tweets..1) Jaelen got opts with the 1's.*lots* 2.) Jaelen was our best WR all 3 days at Indy. 1 hand or 2.. 3) his ball security was not* dependable. 4.) Phiefer tried him at a few ST positions..Than Phiefer quit giving him the chances (insert Willies & DJ here).. 5) Saw very few shots/video of Strong on juggs machine after practice.(can't say he didn't though) the few we did see. *he seemed disinterested.. *Am not here to judge Strong on anything* i was not there, so these come from media sources i noted...Now, I do put my trust in a good WR & ST coach to make these kind of choices.. But to Jaelen Strong..Good Luck & i don't let them tell ya U can"t    

• Upvote 1

Strong didn't have a good game, had trouble getting separation during that game, and a few drops..the Browns apparently have better options

I think Gumby has it right - http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jaelen-strong?id=2552463