THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Release Then Plan To Re-sign Greg Robinson

darren15

Defensive tackle Trevon Coley and safety Juston Burris were waived and the plan was to place offensive tackle Drew Forbes on injured reserve with a knee injury, but that transaction did not hit the wire Sunday afternoon in time but Robinson’s release maintains the 53.

so we picked up the three off waivers and needed to move three off 53 man roster but didn't place Forbes on IR in time and since Robinson doesn't have to go through the waiver system he can't be claimed.  He could royally fuck us and sign with another team but I would bet it was talked about and agreed upon prior to his release. 

17 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Steelers used to do this with their backup QBs ... Seems risky doing it with your starting LT.

I wonder if his new contract will be the same, smaller or larger?

Zombo

I heard he was supposed to get $9 million but it wasn’t guaranteed.

Making space for a signing?

EDIT: Thread was merged and now I kinda understand it... I should study this because it is a new situation for me, lol.

EDIT2: Tell me if I understood it correctly.

You can't go through waivers if you have been in the league for more than 4 years, so if you get cut you become a FA and can sign with anybody. Which is Robinson's case. 

Not listing Forbes in IR before 4pm equals to him getting injured "during the season", so he can be recovered from IR if needed to. The only problem with this is that he uses a slot in the 53 man roster. 

If you cut Robinson, he obviously doesn't take a slot in the 53 man roster. BUT, you can sign him just after finishing your roster, as you have one of your 53 men in IR.

In summary, it is a similar case to someone getting injured on say week 4, placing him on IR, and signing somebody in FA to take his spot. This was only made so we could take Forbes and have a potentially "54 man roster" we used Robinson because he cannot go through the waiver system so he is "protected", though you must have talked him through a deal before using the "loophole".

Am I right? Did I pass the exam, teacher?

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Making space for a signing?

EDIT: Thread was merged and now I kinda understand it... I should study this because it is a new situation for me, lol.

EDIT2: Tell me if I understood it correctly.

You can't go through waivers if you have been in the league for more than 4 years, so if you get cut you become a FA and can sign with anybody. Which is Robinson's case. 

Not listing Forbes in IR before 4pm equals to him getting injured "during the season", so he can be recovered from IR if needed to. The only problem with this is that he uses a slot in the 53 man roster. 

If you cut Robinson, he obviously doesn't take a slot in the 53 man roster. BUT, you can sign him just after finishing your roster, as you have one of your 53 men in IR.

In summary, it is a similar case to someone getting injured on say week 4, placing him on IR, and signing somebody in FA to take his spot. This was only made so we could take Forbes and have a potentially "54 man roster" we used Robinson because he cannot go through the waiver system so he is "protected", though you must have talked him through a deal before using the "loophole".

Am I right? Did I pass the exam, teacher?

One minor thing wrong Nero- when someone is on IR- they don't count against your 53. Should you activate them off of IR, someone else has to go. Also, it's the same as the "reserve suspended" list. Callaway doesn't count against the 53, but after week four-  if we want to activate him, someone will have to get bumped. 

56 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That would be called "Pulling a Carlos Boozer" by longtime Cavs fans. 

Precisely....and it is a concern I would think.  Given the dearth of decent LTs in the league. I mean, by cutting him, they expose him to a waiver claim too, no?  Which any of the other 31 teams could nab him...even for a backup role.   Sounds risky.

Do we know what has happened with him? Did he make it through waivers?

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Precisely....and it is a concern I would think.  Given the dearth of decent LTs in the league. I mean, by cutting him, they expose him to a waiver claim too, no?  Which any of the other 31 teams could nab him...even for a backup role.   Sounds risky.

Do we know what has happened with him? Did he make it through waivers?

No only players with less than 4 years in the league go through waivers.

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

One minor thing wrong Nero- when someone is on IR- they don't count against your 53. Should you activate them off of IR, someone else has to go. Also, it's the same as the "reserve suspended" list. Callaway doesn't count against the 53, but after week four-  if we want to activate him, someone will have to get bumped. 

The risk for Callaway at this point is if all six WRs are proving out to be effective in winning games. Then what happens? Does Dorsey take a "Gordon" chance?

13 hours ago, Zombo said:

Seems risky doing it with your starting LT.

I wonder if his new contract will be the same, smaller or larger?

13 hours ago, Zombo said:

image.png

So i missed all of yesterday, boarding up our beach house on Topsail Island,NC.. Heading back in land Tuesday...Seeing this, just seemed totally out of whack.. If this turns out to be a deal for extension? I don't get why this same attempt was not offered to JC Tretter's agent? Or was it, to his agent? a bigger contract loophole in Tretter's contract, i could understand? but it's his last year on it 🤔 Tretter maybe the most important lineman to try to lock down now for additional year or two? Corbett a back-up Center? LOL, don't see it unless Baker grows a 6" wingspan to field his snaps...Get Tretter paid JD!! Than draft tackle/guard next draft..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The risk for Callaway at this point is if all six WRs are proving out to be effective in winning games. Then what happens? Does Dorsey take a "Gordon" chance?

In order to have that scenario, you need 6 WRs being very good and not getting injured throughout the season. That's maybe asking for too much in today's NFL, may I say?

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So....not Carlos Boozer?

your post comparrison was thought so highly of, you had bleacherreports tweeter blowing up..reference Daryl Ruiter

15 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I have to give credit to Dutch oven as he was the one who originally suggested it here. 

🤭 stand corrected...that was the Dutch'ter. i knew i read it..now we wait to see if gipper can bow down to the heat that's glowing in Ovens Kitchen  3-2-1......:ph34r:   

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

🤭 stand corrected...that was the Dutch'ter. i knew i read it..now we wait to see if gipper can bow down to the heat that's glowing in Ovens Kitchen  3-2-1......:ph34r:   

Very toasty up in here... 😃

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Already did that.  I just didn't recall exactly who said it....so credit to Dutch for that apt comparison....which fortunately never came to pass.